Dad, what’s masturba- JOEY NOOO!

Abbey Road

20 hours later, Monday morning, Mike, Billie and Tré were taken from the London international airport right to their hotel suite that was coincidently called The Berkeley. They had their rooms checked and luggage handled by the concierge.

“And this is the balcony king suite… your room for this week,” the concierge grinned, opening up the grand door for the members of Green Day.

“Oh this is mad, we all get our individual rooms with their own balconies,” said Mike, walking in and placing his back pack on the couch as he looked around his room for the week in amazement.

“Now this is one hell of a room,” Tré said, walking in to find his own ensuite with a gigantic spa in his bathroom.

“Adie would’ve liked this,” Billie said, opening up his bedroom door to notice the king size grand bed placed in the centre of the room.

The concierge rolled in the luggage and waited at the door patiently.

“Oh, a tip…err Mike where did I put my bag?” Billie said glancing at the man that grinned at him.

“You know autographs are more valuable these days,” the concierge winked, continuing to grin mischievously.

“Oh sure, Mike, Tré,” Billie called out, grabbing hold of the pen and paper that was placed on the table.

The band mates all signed on the little piece of paper and then got together with Bono, The Edge, Allan and Larry downstairs in the bar.

“Our car should be coming soon; Chris said he’ll be picking us up around noon,” Bono said, wiping his sun glasses with the edge of his shirt.

“Straight to the recording studio yeah?” asked Mike, picking at his fingernails.

“Straight to Abbey Road,” Billie spoke out loud, sitting on the edge of the lounge holding his beer.

***

*Adie’s P.O.V*

“Oh m…” I blurted out as I ran to the bathroom and spewed last night’s dinner down the toilet. I held onto the edges of the marble sink, feeling my mouth dry up instantly and my heart pounding vigorously. Sweat built up on my forehead as my vision went all blurry, making me hunch over the toilet bowl again and continue to vomit. “God, I haven’t felt this bad since I found out I was pregnant with…Jakob,” I said taking in deep breathes as I clasped the edges of the sink and managed to get up to wash my face and mouth. I observed the ghost staring back at me, thinking of how I had managed to get sick. “Could it be food poisoning?” I questioned myself, drying up my face then flushing the toilet. “I can’t be…pregnant…could I?” I thought concernedly, glancing down at my stomach and gently placing my hands over my lower abdomen. “No…it’s not possible,” I muttered, walking towards the bed. I glanced towards the bedside clock reading ‘5:45am’. I sighed and laid back under the warm duvet feeling myself drift back to sleep.

*End of Adie’s P.O.V*

During the day, Adrienne managed to take Joey and Jakob to school. She drove past the drug store and got a pregnancy test, driving back home in concern.

“Please be negative please,” she muttered in anticipation, as she walked back and forth around her room, glancing at the bathroom door. Her heart beat was gradually becoming faster as she glanced at the pregnancy test with the corner of her eyes. She gave up meandering around her room and walked towards the bathroom sink.

“No, no, no, no, no!” she repeated out loud, shaking her head negatively. “I can’t be…I...it has to be wrong,” she thought out loud to herself. Moments later her mobile rang.

“Hello,” she spoke into the receiver, too stressed to look at the screen and see who was calling.

“Hey babe,” the voice she had spoken to for more then twelve years replied.

“Billie” she muttered feeling speechless.

“Yeah Adie, it’s me…are you okay?” Billie replied, arching an eyebrow wondering why his wife sounded confused.

“Yeah, no…I mean yes I am okay,” she spoke back, trying to straighten her voice and pretend nothing was wrong. “How are you? How was your flight?” she questioned quickly to change the subject and make this conversation work.

“Adie hun, what’s wrong? Don’t lie to me…” Billie said back, not satisfied by her answer.

“It’s nothing…I have food poisoning, I woke up at 5 in the morning throwing up, I just came back from the chemist with medicine,” Adie interrupted, laying down across the bed.

“Oh sorry sweetie, are you feeling better?” Billie replied, glancing out towards the city from his balcony window.

“It’s alright, I am feeling much better, tell me how was your trip and how is everyone…what time is it now at your place?” Adie answered, holding the side of her head feeling a headache building up.

“I wish you were with me, the hotel suite is fucking awesome, we’ve all got our individual master bedrooms with balconies on the side, seriously babe I think you should consider putting the boy’s at Claudia’s or someone and fly over for a week,” Billie said, smiling sweetly, laying across the king size bed length ways.

“Maybe I should,” Adie answered, smiling into the phone. She moved the phone away from her ear as she heard Billie laughing on the other side of the line. “Hun are you alright?” she asked, tangling her hair with her finger.

“Adie you should have seen Tré, he just walked in to my room wearing that leopard g-string we love, and he started dancing…OMG his ass is giggling,” Billie replied continuing to laugh uncontrollably.

“Oh Jesus,” Adie said back, a smile drawing onto her lips, as she pictured Tré dancing like a pole dancer.

“HI ADIE!” she heard Tré scream in the background as Billie was pushing him outside of his room and locking his door.

“There that’s better,” Billie spoke, grinning and walking back to his bed. “One too many English beers,” he said again.

“What time is it at your place?” Adie asked, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

“Oh it’s…1:30 in the morning,” Billie answered, glancing at the bedside clock that was provided.

“It’s almost noon time here,” she said back, thinking deeply.

“Well I better get some sleep because in a few hours we’ll be at the photo shoot,” Billie said to her, not wanting to end the conversation.

“Ok hun, I better go and see what to make for lunch,” Adie replied, getting up from the bed.

“Say hi to the boys for me and tell them I’ll talk to them soon enough,” Billie spoke, beginning to undo his buttoned up shirt.

“I will, take care, love you.” She replied.

“Goodnight babe, miss you.” Billie remarked, smiling stupidly.

“Miss you more” Adrienne ended, shutting her cell phone and looking back at the pregnancy result.

“What am I going to do?” she thought to herself out loud, glancing down at her stomach then looking back up to come face to face with a family portrait of Billie, Joey, Jakob and herself that was taken a few months ago.

***

Back in London, the early morning fog slowly disappeared throughout the streets as Green Day and U2 made their way to Abbey road studio which was located beside the famous and well known cross walk. They met up with Chris Milk who was going to direct the video in both the studio and on the night at New Orleans and also met their producers Greg Fiedelman and Rick Rubin.

“So how have we decided on the opening?” Chris asked, taking a seat around the business table.

“Well we thought of Billie starting off the song with David slowly beginning to play on guitar, followed by the part I sing and whilst I come to an ending Tré takes over with the drums and everyone else joins in, you know to give it that attention affect,” said Bono, looking down at the paper in front of him.

“Yeah, I think that’s the best way to approach it,” replied Rick, looking at the other faces around him who were nodding in response, waiting for Chris’s answer.

“Mmm…I can picture it, so both Billie and Bono start singing individually and then breaking it into different parts…we’ll start filming on Thursday and from there we’ll decide on what looks good and sounds right,” Chris replied, glancing around as he sat up straight.

“Alright, so today we’ll take the photos,” Billie said, biting his bottom lip.

“Yeah but since there’s three hours till that, you guys can start rehearsing, I’m going to call Ian whose going to do most of the special effects with the video,” Chris answered, standing up from his chair.

“Alright, let’s get to it then people!” exclaimed Tré, entering the conversation.

As the day progressed, Green Day and U2 worked on the song, whilst Greg and Rick worked from the studio room, individually changing and manipulating the sounds each time the band’s both played.

“I’m hungry,” whined Tré from behind the drum set.

“Tré you cannot tell me your hungry right now…did you somehow forget what you had for breakfast?” Mike replied, tuning his bass.

“I can’t help it if I have a metabolism that incinerates food by the second, I’M HUNGRY!” Tré said back, looking at the wall of the huge studio.

“Alright, alright we get it Tré, shut up,” whined Billie who was going through the song lyrics with Bono.

“It’s been hours,” Tré muttered,

“Alright fine, I’m feeling hungry too, guy’s let’s just take a break before the photo shoot,” Rick said from the sound room.

“There’s an hour before we have to be outside there, where do you guys want to go?” asked Larry, stepping down from the platform.

“There’s a fabulous Italian restaurant near us, let’s go there,” Rick suggested, heading to the door.

***

“Damn is this road busy,” Mike muttered, walking past people quickly.

The bunch walked up to where Chris and two other people were standing with camera’s in their hands.

“Hey guys, ok Judy, Bill and me will be positioned there, there and over there” Chris informed, explaining from which angels the camera shots would be taken from.

“Alright, so which way are we going to stand?” questioned Billie, chewing his bubble gum.

“Well you’ll both take turns on being on opposite sides, so how about U2 go onto the other side and Green Day walk from here,” replied Judy, looking up to seem them nodding.

“Ok then take your positions,” Chris said walking far ahead to where he had placed his camera.

U2 crossed to the other side and Green Day remained standing, waiting for the traffic to pass by, then together they walked past each other, changing sides. The public watched in confusion as the two bands lined up after one another, standing still, waiting for Chris to tell them to go.

“Did you hear them laughing at us?” said Billie laughing as he spoke.

“I know, they must be thinking ‘what the fuck?’” replied Mike who grinned and stood next to Billie on the edge of the wall.

Getting signals from Chris on how to pose for the next photo, Bono explained to his band mates standing next to him and then yelling out loud to the other band on the other side on what to do.

“Ok just stop on the black!” Bono said out loud, waiting for the red double Decker bus to stop and walk across the pedestrian.

“Come in this way,” David said, standing on the end of the surface to make a gap between them and Green Day.

They all tried to place their feet on the black strips of the road rather then the white and stood weirdly as Chris took the picture.

“Ok awesome!” Chris exclaimed, his voice being muffled by the blaring horns of the cars waiting for them to pass.

“What?” Billie said out loud in confusion, walking forward but not knowing wether Chris had told them to move yet.

“Go, go,” Mike behind him said, witnessing U2 walk away onto the other side.

“Oh ok,” Billie muttered, trying to walk casually back up to the footpath.

Tré walked back with U2 and leaned back onto the wall, fixing his jacket.

“Do we have to be filmed,” muttered Adam, crossing his arms and looking away from the camera.

“Mmhm,” hummed Larry, who was looking ahead at the road.

They had to take one last pose, this time standing behind each other and in the order of being one member from each band behind another.

“LARRY!” random voices yelled from across the road causing him to look behind and cause Chris to wait longer to take the photo.

“Focus dude!” exclaimed Billie who was standing right behind him.

They stood there waiting patiently for all the photos to be taken by Chris, Bill and Judy and laughed at the man who ran on the road to get on the other side.

“I LOVE YOU BONO!” exclaimed a random lady from the footpath.

“Oh lord,” Bono muttered, trying to not lose balance of the way he was standing.

“OK DONE!” Chris announced, finished with the last photo.

“Now let’s play red rover,” Tré said, grinning childishly.

They crossed the pedestrian cracking jokes and laughing at how they were walking.

Waiting for Chris and his camera people to come back, Billie was pulled aside for a photo with a man called Anthony who had witnessed the whole photo shoot and filmed it on his camera.

“Alright smile,” said Michael who was with Anthony.

“It’s not working,” Anthony said moving from Billie to fix the camera.

“Hahaha it turned off,” Billie teased.

“I suck, dude sorry,” Michael said, continuing to try and fix the camera

“Ah there it goes, the on button,” Billie said again smiling for the camera.

“Perfect, thank you.” Anthony said, shaking hands with Billie and leaving.

***

U2 and Green Day went back to their hotel to have a few hours to rest and refresh themselves, before leaving for a memorable night at the pub. Billie decided to call his family and speak to his boys before they went to bed.

“Hello,” Jakob said into the microphone, unaware he’s father was calling.

“Hey Jakie,” Billie replied, grinning into the phone he held between his head and shoulder as he untied his shoes and took them off.

“DADDY!” his son exclaimed with happiness.

“How are you buddy, did you find your surprise?” Billie asked, laughing lightly at his son’s reaction.

“I knew what you were going to give me, I just knew it was going to be my PSP,” Jakob replied, smiling.

“Well aren’t you a smart cookie,” Billie remarked, ruffling his hair.

“Did you take the photos?” Jakob questioned with curiosity.

“Yes, yes we did and it was pretty fun if you ask me, we had the public laughing at us and I had to have a picture with this dude that apparently is from Oakland and your uncle Tré is becoming quite disturbing at night…don’t worry I wont say any more about that,” Billie spoke back, breathing in deeply.

“Yeah I don’t want to know anymore details about Tré,” Jakob replied, grinning as he looked up to see his mother looking at him. “Oh guess what!” he suddenly exclaimed.

“What?” Billie asked, biting on the edge of his thumb.

“I came first in this spelling quiz we did in class, I got full marks,” Jakob answered with confidence.

“That’s terrific Jake, I’m really proud of you buddy,” Billie congratulated, smiling with happiness. “Hey is Joey there?” he asked, wanting to speak with him before the phone card finished.

“Err…he’s taking I shower I think, mommy’s here though,” Jakob answered, glancing up at his mother who was folding some clothes on the table.

“Oh well in that case tell him I said hi alright, oh and tell Adie that I’ll talk to her tomorrow because the phone card is going to run out,” Billie explained, looking out of his door to see Mike walk in the entrance gesturing for him that it was time to leave.

“Ok I will, love you daddy,” the eight year old said back.

“Love you to buddy,” Billie finished, closing the phone.

***

As the week progressed, Adrienne had made and appointment at her local general practitioner who confirmed her pregnancy result as positive. The news left her in confusion and shock as she firstly didn’t know if she was going to keep the baby, though she was beyond the idea of having an abortion and secondly she wasn’t sure how Billie would react to the news when she told him, let alone the rest of her family, friends and overall media. Claudia hinted something was wrong with the way Adie was acting when she was with her, but Adie denied everything Claudia questioned and remained quiet about it when she spoke to her husband.

In London, U2 and Green Day spent the week rehearsing and filming half their video for The Saints are Coming in the studio. The two bands had a party every night, trying different famous bars throughout the week and enjoyed what London had to offer them. They also decided on the pictures and the layout of the single that would be released during the coming month and left London airport at a very annoying time on Saturday morning.

“Hey Tré, pass me my backpack that’s next to you,” Mike yawned, facing his younger band mate that was wearing an eye mask. He obviously didn’t answer. “Tré?” Mike said again, looking over his seat to see everyone in the airplane sound asleep. He glanced at his wrist watch to see the time. “It’s only 2:30 in the morning,” he whined to himself, leaning over to grab his backpack around Tré, only to pull out his IPod and drift off to sleep listening to The Ramones.