Dad, what’s masturba- JOEY NOOO!

The Saints Have Arrived

Image

“Daddy!” exclaimed Jakob, pulling away from his mothers grip and running into his fathers welcoming arms.

“Hey kiddo,” replied Billie, who had knelt down to Jakob’s height to hug him. “Hey Joey,” he said, letting go of Jakob and hugging his older son.

“Hey dad,” Joey replied, looking back to see his mother and Mike’s sister Myla coming up from behind and greeting Billie with hugs and kisses.

“I’m so glad you could all come,” said Billie, moving his arms around Adie’s waist, walking out of the airport with his family.

***

“WOW,” gasped Joey and Jakob in unison, as they turned around in circles gazing at the stadium from the centre of the field.

“Hey boy’s put these around your necks or around your wrists before you get kicked out,” said Mike, appearing from the stair case and handing them backstage passes.

“Hey Uncle Mike, when can I get my hair done?” questioned Jakob, anxiously waiting to get his hair bleached blonde.

“Err…maybe right now because Tré is down in the back cutting his hair,” replied Mike, guiding him down the stairs. “Hey Joey don’t you want to do your hair as well?” retorted Mike, taking notice that Joey wasn’t following them.

“Umm… alright,” answered Joey following them down the stairs.

Billie and David (the edge) were finishing off their interview with NBC whilst Adie and Myla spent their time downstairs with Mike, Tré and the boys.

“So how are we going to do your hair mister?” the hairdresser asked, looking at Jakob through the mirror with a sly grin.

“I want it all blonde,” Jakob grinned in response, adjusting the yellow tag around his wrist.

“Alright, Adrienne is that okay with you?” he asked the child’s mother, who was standing between Joey and Jakob.

“God, Jakob all blonde!” Adrienne purposely exclaimed with a smile, leaning on the edge of the wall.

“Yup, I want to surprise Daddy” Jakob replied once more, with a cheeky smirk.

“More like shock your father, go ahead Steven,” his mother muttered then informed the hairdresser to begin with the transformation of her son’s bright hair color.

“Joey, what are you getting done?” asked Myla, who treated him like her own son.

“I’m not sure auntie Myla, I think I just want to lighten my hair a bit from the top,” Joey replied, looking at his reflection through the wall mirror in front of him.

“Well, thank god one of my son’s won’t be giving their father a heart attack,” Adie replied, looking at Jakob sternly in the mirror then cracking a grin, turning around to face Joey and Myla.

“Joey’s just a wuss,” Jakob replied, looking over at his older brother and poking his tongue out childishly.

“I am not, I’m just not psychotic like you, at least I’ll be keeping my natural hair color,” Joey protested in return, listening to his mother, Myla and Steven the hairdresser laugh at them.

“What’s all the fuss about?” walked in Tré, showing off his freshly cut hair style. “What do you think,” he asked, waiting for their positive remarks.

“Oh that’s a good look for you uncle Tré,” replied Jakob, who was waiting patiently for Steven to mix the hair dye.

“Thanks buddy,” Tré said back, shifting his feet on the ground.

“Uncle Tré, no offence but I can’t really tell the difference,” Joey lied, turning around in his seat, trying to hold back a laugh.

“Yeah me either,” Adie and Myla, responded after.

“You’re all either, blind or jealous,” Tré retorted, placing both his hands against his waist as to add the dramatic effect.

“Yep, I agree,” Jakob piped back, from behind the chair, his face gleaming with happiness as he watched Steven cover his hair with the strong substance.

“I hope it won’t be too concentrated,” Adie whispered, loud enough for Steven to hear.

“Don’t worry, it’s going to look good, a nice goldish-yellow,” he assured her.

“So Tré explain your small looking Mohawk?” Myla spoke out with a teasing grin.

“Err, hello cant you all tell the color difference,” Tré answered in frustration, pointing at the different color shades throughout his hair.

“Oh Tré were just playing with you,” Adie replied, with a giggle as she watched the 33 year old glance back at the three of them with little rage.

“Hey Tré, are you done, because we’re doing the final rehearsal in ten minutes?” Mike said as he walked in and interrupted the conversation they were having.

“Yes, I think I’m done being teased by your sister, my godson and you,” Tré replied, pointing at each one of them as he mentioned their names, staring at Adie as though he were giving her a death stare, seconds later letting his mouth crack a smile and burst into laughs. “Bye!” he exclaimed, walking quickly out the door before any one of them had a chance to reply.

“He hasn’t been the same since the accident,” Myla said, causing everyone to laugh loudly.

Almost an hour later, the boy’s had finished getting their hair colored and cut, whilst Billie Joe and David finished rehearsing their last performance with their bands and having their last interview with CNN Pipeline. Adrienne and Myla went for a tour around the stadium with Joey and Jakob before getting back together with the whole crew and having dinner all together.

“Hey who’s goldilocks here?” Billie questioned looking over the seat holding his drink to see that it was his younger son, looking back at him.

“Goldilocks, I’m no girl!” Jakob retorted, standing up on his seat, to level himself up so that he would be of equal height with his father.

“Yes you are!” Joey exclaimed from the side with a cheeky smirk.

“Wow all blonde, the girls are going to be running after you now,” Billie said laughing back, flicking Jakob’s hair and then placing his hand on his shoulder. “What’s say we play a game of football aye?” Billie said again, glancing back at Joey and Jakob for a response.

“You mean in the field?” Jakob questioned, his eyes wide with happiness.

“Well duh,” Joey said, rolling his eyes.

“Come on let’s go,” Billie smiled; picking Jakob up from the chair he was standing on and placing him down onto the floor.

“I’ll get the footy,” Joey said, following his brother and father outside.

“Who’s on whose side?” Jakob asked, walking out onto the lawn.

“How about both of you against me,” Billie answered, running his hand through his hair.

“Nah, too easy,” Joey said, giggling back at his father’s facial expression. “How about me and you against goldilocks instead?” Joey said again, staring at his brother with a sly grin.

“Stop calling me that!” Jakob exclaimed with rage, chasing his brother around the field.

“Nanananana you’ll never catch me,” Joey teased, whilst he ran as fast as he could around the grass.

“I’ll get you, I’ll get you good,” Jakob replied back, grabbing hold of Joey’s shirt and pulling him down to the ground.

“Hey, hey break it up,” Billie said, running over to pull Jakob off Joey. “Joey stop it and Jakob behave,” he ordered.

“He started it,” Jakob protested, crossing his arms together.

“I don’t care who started it, now I’ve decided everyone’s their own team…Joey your goal is between that truck over there and the stage, Jakob your goal is between those markings on the floor and my goal will be…there right between that blue bus and that stand,” Billie informed, placing his hands on the edge of his belt, side by side.

“But that doesn’t make sense…that’s not how we play footy,” Joey argued, throwing and catching the football within his hands.

“It’s only the three of us so we’re all going to have to make it work like this,” Billie replied, snatching the football off Joey, smiling devilishly “So let the game begin,” he hissed, making a run for his goal.

“GET HIM!” Jakob exclaimed, running after his father with excitement.

“THE BALL’S MINE!” Joey shouted, whilst he ran after his father and brother.

Joey and Jakob got to their father before he could get to his goal, pouncing on him and tackling him for the football, where Joey took hold of it and ran for his life, leaving Jakob and Billie to continue rolling over the ground unaware that the football was no longer within their grip.

“Where’s the…GET HIM!” Jakob exclaimed, letting go of his father and running to reach Joey, but unfortunately being too late as Joey had already won a goal for himself and was cheering loudly.

“Oh now the games on,” Billie said, walking over towards his children. “Alright Joey, kick…let’s see how high you can kick,” Billie teased, only wanting to build up friendly competition.

“I’d be delighted to,” Joey replied, placing the football on the ground, ready to kick.

“Wait, wait, wait…Dad, since Joey thinks he can win so easily then can you and I be one team?” Jakob questioned, glancing at his father with an idea.

“Yeah of course,” Billie replied, giving in so easily.

“Wait, that’s not fair, we agreed for everyone to be their own team,” Joey stated, not satisfied with this change in the game.

“What, are you afraid me and Jake could win?” Billie replied with a teasing facial expression.

“Oh please,” Joey muttered, running quickly and kicking the football high into the air.

“GET IT JAKOB!” Billie shouted, running after both of his sons, in the direction of the football.

Jakob ran faster than Joey, gripping his fingers around the ball and looking behind to see his brother coming after him and see his father running behind screaming “RUN! RUN!”
Jakob got to his feet and kicked the football towards his father, forcing Joey to turn around and run back in the direction he was coming from, panting heavily from the heavy cardio-filled game.

“GO GO GO!” Jakob exclaimed, trying to run and catch up behind his dad who was getting closer to the goal. Joey gave up running in order to catch his breath letting his father and brother win the goal.

“YES!” Jakob cheered, high-fiving his father who instead grabbed him into a hug.

“Nanananana” Jakob began to tease as Joey met up with them.

“Yeah, yeah don’t get too excited,” Joey replied, sitting down on the floor and spreading out his whole body. “Can we take five?” Joey asked, between breaths.

Billie and Jakob looked at each other, and then looked back at Joey “Yeah,” they both said in unison sitting down next to him and also spreading out their body.

“It sure is going to be one fun night aye,” Billie spoke softly, lying between his boys glancing up at the night sky that was slowly appearing.

“Yeah,” Jakob and Joey replied together.

***

“Alright, Green Day and U2 your exit to the stage is through the left over there and you’re on in 4 minutes,” the director of the event informed, walking away to let them prepare.

“Ok, it’s just like old times, we’re going to do well,” Billie spoke out, pushing out the last feelings of nervousness within him.

“Good luck to you too guys,” Billie said towards the members of U2.

“It’s a big crowd,” Mike muttered, between his gritted teeth, trying to hide his nerves from everybody.

“Uncle Tré, go show off that Mohawk of yours,” Jakob said, walking past them to get a better view of the stage.

“Thanks buddy I’ll try,” Tré quickly responded, walking out behind Mike and Billie along with

Bono, the edge, Allan and Larry as the voiceover of the event announced their presence.
Green Day, U2 and the extra brass band took their place, as the crowd ahead of them cheered and roared with excitement.

Billie swallowed the heavy lump within his throat as he continued to feel butterflies build up within his stomach, the sound of the guitar beginning to play placing him into the zone he felt comfortable in, allowing him to begin singing this heartfelt song.

“Summer has come and passed
the innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends”


The background stage lights slowly began to appear, as the edge and the brass band continued to play, Billie Joe’s voice echoing throughout the stadium.

Like my fathers come to pass
Seven years has gone so fast
Wake me up when September ends

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends


The sound of the drums slowly began to fulfil the song as Tré played away, like he did every single time he performed, echoing together with Billie Joe’s voice. Mike beginning to play aside Billie Joe as the song came alive and let the crowd continue cheering with joy as the night would be one of the best nights for them to remember.

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends

Ring out the bells again
Like we did when Spring began
Wake me up when September ends

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends


As the song was beginning to reach its peak, Billie screamed at the top of his lungs “NEW ORLEANS!” breaking through the crowd, followed by their re-invented solo together with the brass band. Blue background light’s flickered quickly along with the beat of the music which ended the song and began to play The Saint’s Are Coming. The Light’s quickly dimmed out and Billie Joe once again started singing.

There is a house in New Orleans,
they call the super dome,
It's been the ruin of many young poor boy,
and God, I know I'm one of them.


Bono emerged from behind the stair case, put the microphone close to his mouth and walked towards Billie Joe, taking his turn to sing.

Cried to my daddy on the telephone,
how long now?
Until the clouds unroll and you come down,
the line went.
But the shadows still remain since your descent,
you're decent.


His voice faded out and both bands began to play loudly, letting the crowd go wild. Then both Bono and Billie continued on singing the song together.

I cried to my daddy on the telephone,
how long now?
Until the clouds unroll and you come down,
the line went.
But the shadows still remain since your descent,
you're decent.

The saints are coming, the saints are coming.
I say no matter how I try, I realise there's no reply.
The saints are coming, the saints are coming.
I say no matter how I try, I realise there's no reply.

New birth, Re-birth

We’re living like birds in the magnolia trees,
child on the roof top mama on her knees.
My signs read please I’m an American.
A drowning sorrow floods the deepest grief,
how long now?
Until the weather change condemns belief,
how long now?
When the night watchman lets in the thief,
what's wrong now?

The saints are coming, the saints are coming
I say no matter how I try, I realise there's no reply.
The saints are coming, the saints are coming
I say no matter how I try, I realise there's no reply.
I say no matter how I try, I realise there's no reply.
I say no matter how I try, I realise there's no reply.


The song coming to an end allowed for the sound of the crowd’s cheering to only increase, and David, Billie and Bono came together and ended the song by saying ‘The Saint’s are coming’ over and over again. Bono broke away and began singing the last song they’d be singing for the night, one of the favourite songs of all time, their smash hit called Beautiful Day. The night had only begun and Green Day and U2 had once again fulfilled the lives of many that had come out to see them play.

***

*Adrienne’s P.O.V*

“Adie, hun what do you want to drink?” Billie called out from the other side of the room, for the third time now. I told him twice I didn’t want anything to drink because I wasn’t thirsty, but my actual reason was because all we had was alcohol and I didn’t want to drink, firstly because it would harm my pregnancy and secondly because I was actually feeling kind of nauseous. “Oh no he’s coming up to me… what do I say?” I thought nervously.

“Babe, what’s up? Why don’t you want to drink anything, I mean alright you’re not thirsty but it’s a fun night…everyone’s drinking except you,” he whined, slouching down next to me on the couch, wanting a valid answer.

“Billie I…” I was about to tell him the truth right there and then, but stopped immediately thinking how I would probably spoil his night. “I…I’ve got my monthlies and I don’t feel the best,” I whispered into his ear, obviously lying, but honestly what else could I have said to the man that won’t take ‘no’ for an answer?

“Oh babe I’m sorry…did you take Panadol or something to ease the pain?” he replied, his hand slowly wrapped around mine, looking at me with his piercing green eyes. I nodded a ‘yes’ and moved closer to him to place my hand around his neck and rest against his chest.

“The performance was amazing,” I said, changing the subject.

“Where did you watch us from?” he asked, looking down towards me smiling.

“The boy’s and I snuck into the video recording room…well Samuel invited us to be honest,” I replied, smirking back up at him as his arm around me moved towards the front of my waist.

“He’s an awesome guy…hey you know what I found out today before you and the boy’s arrived?” Billie said, leaning his head slightly on to my forehead.

“What?” I replied, looking around to see everyone settling down on chairs.

“Well Rob Cavallo gave me a buzz on the phone to tell me that Matt Groening wants us in the Simpsons movie that will be out next year,” he laughed, taking his arm off me to undo the scarf that was around his neck.

“Are you serious, you haven’t told the boys have you?” I asked, stretching out on the couch.

“Nah, I haven’t even had the chance to tell Mike and Tré yet…do you want to go check on the boys?” he replied, sitting up on the edge of the lounge, scratching his ear.

“It’s 12:30…they’re either still playing a video game or have gone to sleep,” I told him, standing up and taking him outside to our tour bus. We climbed in the tour bus, to hear nothing but our footsteps. Jakob had fallen asleep on the table next to the TV, still holding his game controller in his hand and Joey was curled up on the couch beside him lightly snoring.

“I’ll put them in bed,” Billie whispered, going over slowly towards Jakob and picking him up to place him on one of the bunk beds. I heard him grunt a little as he put him over his shoulder and I walked aside to grab my pyjamas and change. He then came back to Joey but woke him up slowly and guided him to the bed were he collapsed down and drifted back to sleep quickly.

“When did they grow up so quickly?” Billie laughed lightly, fixing up his hair in the mirror and turning around to see me lying down in bed, ready to go to sleep.

“They’re becoming little men,” I mumbled with a smile, hearing his footsteps grow closer towards me. He knelt down and I felt him place a kiss on the side of my head.

“I’m going to go back and be with the guys for a while, we might go out to a bar or something,” he informed me, standing up and walking back slowly. “Night Adie.” he said softly, waving back.

“Night babe” I replied, feeling my tired eye lids droop down slowly and drift off to sleep.

* End of Adie’s P.O.V*