Dad, what’s masturba- JOEY NOOO!

School, coffee, sex and Joey

As Monday morning marked an unforgettable memory being the 5th anniversary of September 11th the Armstrong household was getting ready to start off their day. The boys would go to school and Billie and Adie would either work at home or go down to Adeline’s main office. Tré would spend his time with his wife Claudia to make up for all the time they were both separated for during the American Idiot tour and his son Frankito would be starting his first day at Kindergarten.

Mike was enduring a very painful morning. Caffeine withdrawal. He had taken the liberty of throwing out all the caffeine he kept inside his house the night before. In order for him to start fresh he tried to eat a bowl of cereal…something very new to Mike. His head was aching, his whole body was sweating severely and he couldn’t concentrate one bit. It was much easier to give up smoking than to give up caffeine because caffeine withdrawal lasted up to a whole week and would be extremely hard on Mike for the next 24-48 hours.

Billie on the other hand wasn’t suffering quite as much…actually he wasn’t suffering at all. He had thrown out all the cigarettes he owned in his house feeling proud and filled with a lot of hope that this time he would quit for sure. Billie and Mike had both tried to give up their addictions before but had always backed down and gone back to their bad habits. Especially when the making of American Idiot came around.

As Billie was upstairs in his room searching his drawers for any more cigarette packs, Adie quietly snuck up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. He was startled and jumped a little but he knew who exactly was hugging him tightly around his upper body and turned around with a gorgeous smirk.

“I love you for doing this.” Adie said, smiling an erotic-like smile as she pulled her husband closer to her, their lips so close to being infused with each other that they could feel each others warm breath touching their skin. Billie’s hand moving down Adie’s back and going back up, but this time under her shirt, her hands moving from his waist up to the back of his neck and now his, gracefully placed at the top of her back pushing her into a passionate, romantic and real kiss.

The two love birds stood there in that same position for over five minutes, both thinking about nothing other than how perfect this moment really was. When they stopped to take a gasp of air their eyes both met each others, Billie’s deep green eyes sparkling back at Adie’s beautiful angelic chocolate coloured eyes, both enduring every second of this moment together. If this moment couldn’t get any better it just did. Billie walked very slowly to their bed, both still passionately kissing each other, however, this time he slid his hands down from her back, got hold of the edges of her shirt from the bottom and slowly took it off, trying not to break their kiss apart. He undid her bra and she took off his top. They fell gracefully onto their bed, Adie lying underneath; this time unbuttoning Billie’s belt and he helped her by sliding it off his waist throwing it across the room and now sliding his black pants off his legs. Their hearts were beating faster by the minute, their pupils both dilating. Several minutes later they were both naked under their bed covers continuing to both lovingly make out with each other, both top and bottom. Billie’s hands sliding up and down Adie’s body and hers gently placed in between the back of Billie Joe’s neck and long black hair. Their breathing was getting deeper and faster, they were both very close to climaxing, their moans getting louder, sweat was dripping off their faces and then they both reached that fantastic moment. They lay there, still in their same position, still breathing heavily and trying to sustain and calm themselves down, both staring at each other thinking ‘we haven’t been like this in a long time’ and it was as if Billie could read Adie’s mind that he nodded to her and went in for another kiss, in a way to say ‘I love you babe’.

They fell asleep in each others arms peacefully for a few hours, with their legs tangled up together. The time was now 2 pm and luckily enough Mike called Billie to try and get his mind of coffee. There was exactly an hour until Joey and Jakob would need to be picked up from their school by Billie, and Adie went straight down stairs to prepare lunch.

“So what have you been doing all day?” Billie questioned putting on a fresh new pair of boxer shorts after taking a quick shower.

“Well I called Tré and believe it or not, I made him tell me his theory that I have probably only heard about a gazillion times on how dogs will be taking over the world” Mike replied, sprawled out on his bed sipping an ice cold glass of orange juice.

“That must have been quite interesting…how you holding up?” Billie now said, as he placed his phone between his ear and shoulder so that he buttoned his plain white shirt, admiring himself in the mirror and trying to fix his hair with a little gel.

“Err well lets just hope I wont die…cause I feel that bad” Mike restlessly replied, trying to wipe the cold sweat running down his face.

“Oh hang in there man…it isn’t easy I know…especially for you, because, well caffeine…has nasty side effects when your trying to quit” Billie informingly said back, going down his stairs heading towards the laundry, then to the kitchen.

“I know…I am trying...anyways I’ll speak to you later ok” Mike replied, wanting to go now to the bathroom anxiously.

“Alrighty Mike my man I’ll see you later.” Billie said back, placing his dirty clothes in the laundry basket.

They both closed their phones and Billie made his way into the kitchen where Adie was preparing lunch for the four of them. He came around her and placed both his hands around her waist hugging her adorably kissing her neck and cheek.

“Want anything from the store babe before I go pick up the youngsters?” Billie asked, smiling at his wife, his mood really happy.

“Nah babe, I’ve got everything thanks.” Adie replied back, kissing his cheek as he left to his car.

Billie got into his BMW 4WD and drove off into the direction of Joey and Jakob’s private school. The boy’s were put into a private school for many reasons, one mainly being so they wouldn’t end up in fights if they were in a public school were there would be kids that weren’t exactly…green day fans. Adie and Billie were much happier putting them in this school also because all the other kids mostly came from famous families or parents who specialised as doctors or lawyers, not to mention that the education was very high and the school accommodated from kindergartens to senior years. So it was basically perfect for both Joey and Jakob.

Billie parked his car where he always stopped to pick his boys up and found them walking towards him.

“Hey boys,” Billie greeted his sons as they made their way into the car, Joey sitting in the front seat next to his dad and Jakob sitting in the back comfortably.

“Hey dad,” Joey replied, as he buckled up his seat belt looking straight out the window ahead of him avoiding eye contact with his father.

“Hi daddy,” Jakob said back, placing his school bag next to him and also doing up his seat belt.

“How was the first day of school?” Billie questioned, driving off back into the direction he came from.

“Great,” Jakob exclaimed from the back seat, rubbing his eyes.

“Boring” Joey tiredly replied, not in the mood for explaining why.

“Oh, umm why?” Billie asked looking back at Joey for a few seconds then changing his attention quickly back to the road.

“I don’t know it just is…when has school never been boring to begin with?” Joey replied after a few long seconds.

“I see,” Billie replied, sounding a bit confused, but he knew something was up so he decided to talk to him about it later alone.

“So Jakob, tell me what happened today?” Billie asked his son looking into his rear view mirror trying to catch a glimpse of Jakob to see that he heard him.

“Well my new teacher’s name is Ms Moutevelis” Jakob dully replied, rolling his eyes thinking of how he is going to cope with her for the rest of the school year.

“YOU GOT MOUTEVELIS!” Joey yelled out turning right around facing his brother…looking at him utterly shocked.

“I know…please don’t get me started,” Jakob replied.

“Joey, don’t tell me you’re talking about the teacher who practically taught you and the rest of your class the meaning of hell?” Billie said out loud, remembering of when Joey had started grade three, coming home and telling him what she put him through…and the many fights and crying that Joey had endured being in her class.

“That’s her alright” Joey replied, turning back and sitting properly looking at his dad’s facial expression.

“Oh geez… why hasn’t she gotten fired yet?” Billie said out loud once again waiting a response from both his children…or at least one of them.

“She’s such a bitch” Joey replied sort of wishing he did not just swear in front of his dad.

“Oi Joey please buddy don’t swear…I know how much we all hate her but I’d still appreciate seeing you not swearing…and yes I know it doesn’t help much that I swear in a few of my songs but you get what I’m saying right…and I try to make an example by not swearing at home either?” Billie lectured, looking at his son, arching his eyebrow and slightly shrugging his shoulders.

“Ok I get it…I’m sorry” Joey replied sort of frowning and looking out the window from his right.

Soon enough they were home and they were all comfortably sitting around their casual dining table in the kitchen, eating and having a normal conversation with one another except Joey.

“So what did you do today?” Jakob asked his parents, smiling innocently sipping on his soda, concentrating on their facial expressions as he saw Billie’s change to confused, as he looked at Adie.

“Err…we...we went to the office for a bit and came back home,” Adie replied, eyeing Billie to play along with her and make up their day.

“Yeah…and boys I threw away all my cigarette packets in the trash…cause of the oath thingy” Billie said out loud, trying to answer and finish off Jakob’s question.

Jakob was smart; he could tell when a person was lying, especially when his parents were both lying. His secret was concentrating on their eyes to see what would happen to their pupils. Who ever said television couldn’t be educational.

“Umm well I better go get started on my home work…I got a lot to do for the first day,” Joey finally spoke, standing up from his chair going to the kitchen sink and placing his plate in there, then he made his way upstairs to his bedroom. Billie watching his son’s movement.

“Hey Jake did anything happen to Joey today at school…that you know and he is not telling us?” Billie questioned, looking at Jakob as he looked back at him.

“Umm I don’t know…I didn’t even see him much today” Jakob replied, looking at the staircase as if Joey would still be there walking up.

“Hun, why don’t you ask him later at night if you want?” Adie said piling up the dirty plates and taking them to the kitchen sink to put them in the dishwasher.

“Mmm…Jakob you should go start on your homework as well buddy,” Billie spoke to his son pointing his head to the direction of the stairs, meaning for him to get up and head off to his room.

“Fine…but I don’t have much to do on the first day dad,” Jakob replied, getting up from his seat and walking out of the kitchen.

“Bill are you going to go to Mike’s house soon?” Adie asked her husband who was still sitting in his seat…in deep thought.

Billie didn’t reply.

“Babe…earth to Billie Joe” Adie said once more, this time moving her hands to try and grab his attention quicker.

“Hmm… oh sorry babe, I guess I tuned out for a second there,” Billie said,finally replying to her, getting up from his seat and picking up any more dishware that needed to be washed.

“Babe what are you going to do when me and the boys go to New Orleans for a few days?” Billie now asked, placing the dirty dishes into the dishwasher and standing beside his wife with one hand on his waist and the other leaning against the bench top waiting for her response.

“I think I’ll go up to Minnesota and check up on family…you know see how their doing and stuff,” Adie replied closing up the dishwasher and staring back at Billie, focused on his face.

“Wouldn’t you much prefer going on a short fun holiday with me and the kids?” Billie said smiling goofily, getting closer to his wife and wrapping his arms around her, hugging her like a teddy bear.

“Nah babe, I really want you and boys to go alone and spend some quality father and son time” Adie replied, looking up at her husband right into his eyes also hugging him back and slowly smiling a little smile.

“But they are going to drive me nuts before we make it to New Orleans,” Billie retorted, his eyes going wide to make the impression that his kids were little migraines…which wasn’t true, but he really wanted his wife to be with him.

“I’m sure they will behave,” Adie replied, laughing and giving him a quick kiss right on his mouth.

“You can be such a tease at times I swear” Billie said back slowly, letting go of his wife placing his hands in his pockets looking like a disrespectful teenager.

“You know you like it,” She replied, smiling her gorgeous smile and taking a sip from the bottle of water she had just held in her hands.

“Boohoo…ok I want to go find out what’s wrong with Joey…he isn’t acting like himself today” Billie said back, clicking his fingers as gesture to say ‘bye bye now’ and heading off to the stairs.

Billie’s P.O.V

I took one last look at Adie’s smile as she waved a good bye to me and mouthed the word ‘good luck’, she then went over to the counter and grabbed the phone to call someone. I walked slowly up the stairs, thinking of what I should ask Joey without him getting bugged as to why I was worrying so much. I reached the top of the stairs and stood there staring at Joey’s bedroom door that was always shut. Jakob’s was usually closed as well but this time it was surprisingly open. I walked right to the entrance of Joey’s room and stood there like an idiot…wanting to knock and open the door but waited a few long seconds before I actually did.

End of Billie’s P.O.V

Joey’s P.O.V

I was reading my homework for the day in my schools diary…skim reading practically, I wasn’t in the mood for answering boring comprehension questions or doing those stupid fractions. I hated it all. I reached for my pocket and pulled out the memory stick that James had temporarily given me so I could watch those clips on my PSP…those adult clips. I was just about to turn on my PSP when I heard a knock on the door and my door knob twisted open. I quickly shoved the memory stick back into my pocket and zipped my PSP in its case. My dad had entered my room and he closed the door behind him.

“Hey buddy,” he greeted me, grabbing another chair in my room and placing it next to me with the chairs back facing me so he could sit backwards.

“Hi dad…err is something wrong?” I replied to him as he finally sat on the chair about to reply to me.

“Well I don’t know, you tell me,” he said back arching his eyebrow as if he wanted me to ‘spill the beans’.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I replied, feeling my heart beat getting faster and the back of my hands starting to sweat.

“Come on buddy I know something is up…so don’t make up excuses please,” he said back to me, his eyes scanning my desk full of messed up papers and new school books.

“I…I’m not making up excuses dad…seriously nothings wrong” I persuasively replied scratching my head looking around my room.

“Joey don’t lie to me…it’s so easy to tell that your not your usual self and…I…I want you to know that it would be cool if you treated me like a best friend of yours…you know…like it would be easy for you to talk to me about anything that’s on your mind…so I could give you advice seeing as…your reaching that new step in your life…where your changing,” my dad replied…well it sounded more like he was regurgitating everything his mind was thinking of.

“Changing?” I replied, sounding confused as to what he meant because I was thinking several answers.

“Yes…changing mentally and physically…you know becoming a man,” he quickly answered back.

“Oh…yeah, now I get you,” I said back to him, he was looking right at me, as if my problem that he wanted to know so badly was written on my face.

We both went quiet, as I thought to myself…thinking of how this situation was going to end.

I don’t know how I am going to explain my problem to him…well it’s not exactly a problem it’s sort of me feeling I don’t know…guilty I guess. I’m feeling like this because of the stuff I’ve been watching. If I tell dad about this I know he won’t take it like he’s saying he will, and if he did, then it would still be embarrassing because he would still be my dad and this sort of stuff does not happen.

“Joey…hello,” he said to me, waving his hand because I sort of tuned out for a minute there.
I didn’t reply, I was thinking of what excuse I was going to give him.

“Ok look…I’m going to give you a few minutes to think and you tell me when you’re ready to tell me,” he now said to me, getting up from his chair and falling onto my bed to rest a little.

Okay I love him a lot now for giving me this little time. Now what was I suppose to do…I can’t tell him the truth I JUST CAN’T. The thing I hate about myself is that I’m not good at lying…it’s just so easy to tell I’m lying, I don’t know how Jakob does it...I swear if only mum and dad knew how mischievous and cheeky he really was. I don’t know why I never rattle out on him either because I guess sometime sooner or later he’ll repay me back by doing the same. Sorry I’m such a complicated thinker…I’m sure I inherited this from my dad.

I’m starting to feel the sweat build up between my hairs…my time is almost up and here I am still rambling on about why I can’t tell him and god only knows how I managed to speak about Jakob to. I have never felt more uncomfortable talking to my dad before. Why is this happening to me? Does this happen to everyone? This is my entire fault…I’ve gotten myself into this mess and now I have to get myself out.

“Dad,” I finally spoke out loud my voice slightly cracking a bit, he raised his head from my bed looking straight at me.

“Yep,” he replied, gently smiling.

“I…I…I’m sorry but I can’t tell you,” I replied stuttering, getting up from my seat, running out my bedroom door…running to my secret hiding spot.

“Joey…JOEY” I heard my dad yell as I was running down the stairs and heading for the door which would lead me out of this house.

I ran as fast as I could…running down the street, holding back the tears that so desperately wanted to shed from my eyes. I don’t know what I had done, a part of me just saved my life from answering the question and lying to my dad, and the other part of me knew I had just made situations worse…much worse.

End of Joey’s P.O.V

“ADIE, ADIE!” Billie Joe yelled running down the stairs, trying to find his wife who happened to be on the phone doing the laundry.

“I’ll call you back Rosie” Adie replied into the phone, shutting it off and running to her husband terrified from the tone in his voice.

“WHERE’S JOEY, WHERE DID HE GO!” Billie shockingly said, raising his hands and running them through his hair nervously.

“HUN…Billie calm down, calm down and tell me what happened,” Adie replied, terrified from the way her husband was acting; she was placing her hands on his shoulders trying to calm him down.

“Joey…he…he ran away…we need to find him…now.” Billie Joe replied between deep breaths trying to calm himself down a bit.

“Mum, dad what’s wrong…why were you screaming for…what’s happened?” a sweet little worried voice called up from the top of the stairs, he came down demanding they’d answer him.

“Jakob, Joey ran away…he…I don’t know, he got mad at me and…told me he couldn’t tell me and ran out the door.” his father informed him, stuttering from all the shock that he had just encountered.

“Dad its okay…he’s probably gone to…clear his mind…somewhere,” Jakob wisely said, thinking maturely and trying to calm his parents down.

“He’s right…we shouldn’t panic baby…will go look for him right now,” Adie replied trying to sound brave to continue calming down her husband and giving him hope.

“Your right…we have to go now…before it gets dark.” Billie replied, grabbing his car keys off the counter wanting to get into his car and drive off like a maniac to find his son.

Minutes later, Billie, Adie and Jakob were all in the car driving around Berkley’s familiar roads…trying to hint where Joey would have gone.

Joey didn’t run very far. He ran to their casual park where they would always play soccer however, he was hiding behind a very big tree he had always sat under for as long as he could remember. Joey sat there curled up like a ball, his chin nestled on his knees, his arms holding his legs together and his eyes letting all the scared, annoyed, guilty, disappointed and shocked tears roll down his bright red coloured, baby face cheeks.

“I’m such an idiot, I’M SUCH AN IDIOT!” Joey said to himself angrily, mentally kicking him self in the head, continuing to sob and bawl his eyes out.

“Dad, I think I know where he might have gone,” Jakob spoke out to both of his parents, thinking of Joey’s favourite spot being the tree.

“Where buddy?” Billie replied, scared that he wouldn’t find Joey before the sun would set.

“The park where we always play soccer,” Jakob said from the back, sitting on the edge of his back seat, the seat belt annoying his chest.

“Good thinking sweetie,” Adie replied, looking at her son winking and smiling at him.