Dad, what’s masturba- JOEY NOOO!

Mood swings

The following day, started off awkwardly. All three males living in the household woke up moody. Billie was annoyed by everything that had happened yesterday, his older son running off and his younger son with his PSP. Joey woke up wishing that everything that happened was all a dream and Jakob woke up still pissed off that his dad confiscated his only source of entertainment that let him tune out of the world. Poor Adie had to encounter all of their attitudes first thing in the morning.

“Joey, what do you want for lunch?” Adie asked her first son, who was sitting on the kitchen counter top playing around with his cereal.

His only response was him shrugging his shoulders.

“Ok…peanut butter and jelly it is.” Adie replied, making her mind up for him. She wasn’t going to let bad moods spoil her day.

Jakob sat on the edge of the couch in the T.V room, holding his bowl of cereal and eating it angrily as he watched Nickelodeon. His mind wasn’t focused on the bubbly cartoons that were dancing on the screen in front of him, he was thinking of how he would get his beloved PSP back. His hair was half neat half messy and his uniform was all out of order. His white shirt was out of his pants, his tie half way done, his shoe laces untied and the buttons on his shirt were not closed.

“Jakob, do you want peanut butter and jelly as well?” His mother called from the other room, already making it and wrapping it up knowing that’s what he loved to eat.

“I don’t care.” Jakob replied stubbornly, finished with his breakfast and making his way to the kitchen sink.

“Jakob, you’re a complete mess!” Adie exclaimed to her son, bending down to do up his shirt and tie. She then made him tie up his shoes and tuck in his shirt.

“Ok let’s get going before your school bell rings.” Adie said, grabbing her purse and car keys off the counter, Joey and Jakob following her grabbing their school bags and lunches.

They got in their car and drove off to Golden Gate Academy. The car ride was dead silent, usually Jakob would be whining about a new game he wanted and Joey would be asking his mum when they’d be going to Minnesota to see their favourite uncle. She drove into the schools drive way and stopped right in front of the entrance.

“Ok, have fun today, try and learn something and behave.” Adie said to both her boys as they jumped out of the car and closed the door. They both muttered ‘bye’ under their breath when they got out and walked up the stairs. Joey went left and Jakob went right. They were ignoring each other also.

By this time of getting the kids to school, Billie had managed to wake up and get dressed to start off his day. He went down to the kitchen and got a red permanent marker. He walked up to the refrigerator where the calendar was stuck on, and crossed out ‘1’ meaning he had gone one day so far without smoking a cigarette. He smiled pleasingly and made him self a banana smoothie.

He heard the sound of their remote controlled garage door open up, knowing his wife had just arrived. He poured his drink in a cup and stuck in a straw, then made his way to open up the door.

“Hello sweetie,” Billie said out loud, with a big grin on his face as he greeted his wife.

“Hey hun,” Adie replied, surprised at her husbands behaviour.

“Got any plans for today?” Billie questioned, following his wife into the kitchen, eagerly waiting for her response.

“Babe, before I answer that question, why the sudden mood change?” Adie responded, curious towards her husband’s behaviour.

“Well, firstly I don’t want to annoy you with my stubborn behaviour today and secondly because it has been one day that I’ve been cigarette free.” Billie validly replied, finished from his breakfast drink. He placed his glass in the sink and he embraced his wife. “Are you proud of me?” he childishly said back, his lips forming an adorable curved smile.

“Offcourse I am.” Adie proudly replied, going in for a quick kiss.

“Now it’s your turn to answer me.” Billie cheekily responded, slowly letting go of her waist.

“Actually I need to go down to the office and check out the final designs for the new Adeline tops.” She said back, turning towards the sink and began washing up the few bowls and cups that had filled up the kitchen.

“Oh yeah…alright, well I want to go check up on Mike…I sort of promised I’d see him yesterday but Joey’s sudden breakdown was really unexpected.” Billie Joe agreeably replied, nodding his head and walking around the counter top.

“Yeah okay, I need a few hours any way.” Adie said back, placing the last bowl on the tray of clean cups, cutlery, and then switching the tap off.

“Alright babe, then I shall head off,” Billie replied, pushing himself close to his wife so that he could give her one last kiss before he left. He grabbed his car keys off the counter along with his wallet and PDA then made his way to the garage door and drove out of his drive way.

Adie went upstairs to make the beds, change clothes and fix her hair up. She managed to also grab all the dirty clothes that needed laundry from Joey, Jakob’s and her bedroom. She piled them at the top of the staircase so that when she was done from up stairs she could quickly take them down with her to the laundry. She changed her top and put on her favourite white Adeline t-shirt that had a cute pink heart at the front along with the word Adeline printed in black cursive letters on top of it. She slid on her comfy casual black jeans and headed for the mirror. She grabbed her Maybelline liquid eyeliner quickly and covered the bottom rim of her eyes carefully, then put on some flavoured lip gloss.

Once she was done beautifying her self she grabbed the pile of clothes and walked down to the laundry. Before placing them in the washing machine, she picked all the pockets of the pants that she held, just to make sure nothing valuable was left in there. She got hold of Joey’s school pants that he wore the day before.

Adie’s P.O.V

“First pocket…nothing,” I quietly muttered to my self reaching in deeply through the pouches.

“Second pocket…noth…oh what’s this?” I asked myself, grabbing the tiny object from the pocket.

It was a tiny plastic black coloured rectangle.

“Is this that memory card that Joey and Jakob used for their PSP’s?” I thought to myself, knowing I was correct.

“I wonder what’s on it?” I thought again, wanting to go to the computer to see what it had.

“I’ll watch it later, I’m already running late.” I said to myself, placing the memory card on the top shelf in the laundry.

End of Adie’s P.O.V

She threw in all the other dirty clothes, poured some OMO laundry powder, switched the washing machine on and left for her car.

***

Being at school with your best friends would have to eventually brighten your day. Joey and Jakob’s moods had both changed from stubborn, angry and worried to compliant, happy and somewhat calm.

“I can’t believe you told him!” Ryan exclaimed shocked, at finding out what had happened to Joey the day before.

“Ryan Becker, quiet down please.” their new sixth grade teacher said out loud.

“Sorry Miss,” Ryan apologized back, and then stared back at his desk thinking of what Joey had just told him.

“I didn’t know what else to do; it all came out all at once.” Joey explained still worried about the situation.

“God Joey, now he knows that I watch it to.” Ryan stated, embarrassed knowing that Billie Joe Armstrong knew he also watched adult movies.

“Err…well I never mentioned you…but seeing as you’re my best friend, then I guess he does.” Joey whispered back, knowing that if he said one more word out loud his teacher would get him in trouble.

“Look, we’ll talk later at lunch.” Ryan said back, eyeing his teacher to see if she heard him say that.

Joey nodded in return and continued on with the work that the class was currently doing.

Jakob was sitting quietly in his seat trying to focus on what his teacher was trying to explain.

His best friend Cody was sitting one seat next to him, wanting to desperately ask him a question. Cody knew that if he were to make a single sound Ms Moutevelis would get him in for it. So he decided to send Jakob a note. Though sending a note around class was just as dangerous, he didn’t care. He quietly snipped out a tiny piece of paper from the back of his new mathematics book and wrote down his message.

He nudged the student that was sitting between him and Jakob, and gave her the note to pass on. Jakob felt someone nudging his leg and looked at the person that was sitting next to him and saw that she had a note to give him. Jakob was looking back and forth nervously at his teacher, thinking wether he should risk it or not in getting the small piece of paper. He waited a few minutes until his teacher faced the whiteboard and then quietly bent closer to the side to grab hold of the paper. Once he took hold of it he quietly sat back comfortably and placed the note on his pants so that he could trick his teacher into thinking he was reading his book instead of reading the note that was well hidden between his pants.

The note read:

Jakob is something wrong?

You look upset

Jakob slowly put the paper under his book whilst looking at his teacher to make sure she didn’t see him. Then he grabbed his pen and wrote his reply and sent it back to Cody.
Cody opened it up and also placed it on his knees.

The message read:

No, I’m fine I just got my PSP taken off me by my dad

And I’m thinking of how I’ll get it back

I’ll tell you more at lunch

“Cody Peterson, care to share with us what you’re reading?” Ms Moutevelis questioned rudely.

“No, not really” Cody responded, purposely sounding like a smart aleck.

“I BEG YOUR PARDON!” the teacher yelled back, walking over to him as all the students stared in shock.

“Mmm I don’t want to share what I am reading with everybody” Cody replied once more, this time replying in full sentence.

“Give me the note THIS INSTANT!” She yelled back at him, placing her hand out to reach it.

Jakob’s heart was beating very fast, scared that his teacher was going to get the note and Cody was going to get into lots of trouble.

“No…I don’t want to” Cody replied, standing from his chair and walking back.

“GIVE IT TO ME HERE RIGHT NOW!” she ordered back, her voice loud enough for the class room next door to hear.

“NO…IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!” Cody angrily yelled back, getting closer to the open window.

Moutevelis’s eyes widened and she raised her hands, advancing on Cody. He held the note tightly in his hands that were placed behind his back and walked backwards to the edge of the window and dropped it outside.

“YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE NOW!”she screamed back, her body language very violent looking.

Cody didn’t respond, he just stood there watching her yell at him.

“GO TO THE PRINCIPLES OFFICE RIGHT NOW!” she ordered him in a very loud voice.
He quietly walked passed her and out of the class room door with a smirk on his face. The rest of the students laughed.

“QUIET! YOUR’E ALL ON LUNCH DETENTION” she yelled furiously at her class, walking back to her desk.

The students all whined including Jakob.

“INSTEAD OF ME EXPLAINING THIS NOW, YOUR’E ALL GOING TO DO IT FOR HOMEWORK AND YOUR ALL GOING TO START DOING IT NOW!” She continued on screaming, waving her hands at the whiteboard that had mathematical questions drawn on.

“And if anyone makes a peep, you’ll be joining Peterson in Mr Johnson’s office” she said once more, this time her voice much lower but still loud enough to hear from outside.

Jakob’s P.O.V

“Joey was right…I’m not going to enjoy her class at all AND IT’S ONLY THE SECOND DAY BACK OF BEING AT SCHOOL” I frantically said to myself, running my hands through my soft slightly long hair.

End of Jakob’s P.O.V

***

At lunch time Joey and Ryan grabbed their lunches and headed for their favourite spot in the playground. They walked right to the end of the playground and sat under the tree, watching the whole playground from their views.

“Alright, now you can tell me everything,” Ryan said, finding himself a clean spot to sit on under the shade of the tree.

“Okay, well I was doing my homework and my dad came into my room,” Joey began explaining, as he unwrapped his sandwich. “He started asking me what was wrong with me because I was sort of acting weird when I got in the car and also when we where having lunch at the table,” Joey said back taking a bite out of his sandwich that he held with his right hand.

“Why were you acting weird for?” Ryan questioned, also taking a bite out of his sandwich and was staring at the other kids in the playground.

“Ryan, watching two or three people do things I would have never imagined doing is kind of weird,” Joey said back, looking at Ryan.

“Yeah, I know what you mean…but like I don’t know…I think I’ve gotten hooked on watching them.” Ryan replied also looking back at Joey.

“Mmm…I can’t watch them for a while now though,” Joey told his best friend, who was now flicking a fly that sat on his arm.

“Yeah, your dad’s going to like stalk every minute you’re on the computer right?” Ryan said back, slightly grinning.

“Nah, I don’t think he will…he’s just warned me not to watch them anymore.” Joey replied, thinking about it deeply for a moment.

“Oh…so since you’re not going to watch it for a while, do you have the memory card with you so I could give it back to James?” Ryan questioned back, seriously.

“Umm,” Joey said out loud, checking his pocket to see if it was in there…obviously not “I think I left it in my other pair of school pants at home,” Joey replied, beginning to feel concerned knowing his mum would grab all his dirty clothes for the washing.

“Oh okay…get it tomorrow then,” Ryan happily said back, continuing to eat his sandwich.

“Yeah I will.” Joey replied, his heart thumping heavily in his chest, thinking if his mum had found the memory card in his pants.

“So continue telling me what happened with you yesterday.” Ryan retorted, anxious to find out more on how Joey told his father.

“Oh yeah…well I sort of ran out,” Joey quietly replied, resting his arms on his bent knees.

“Are you serious?” Ryan said back, shocked and excited to find out what happened next.

“Yeah I did…I couldn’t lie to him because I didn’t know what to tell him right there, and I began getting nervous and I don’t know…I just opened my door and ran out.” Joey said, beginning to explain in more detail.

“Where’d you run off to?” Ryan asked, his whole mind focused on Joey’s story.

“I ran to our soccer field where we always play in, and sat behind that big tree,” Joey replied, knowing Ryan understood where because most of their child hood memories were shared in that park.

“Wow…weren’t you scared?” Ryan asked again, trying to think of how Joey’s parents would have reacted.

“Scared? Ryan, I was terrified…I’ve never done that before and never even thought of doing it.” Joey replied, shaking his head negatively, recapping how he felt when he ran out of the house. “My heart was going to pop out of my chest, if not explode…my whole body started sweating and my eyes were going to burst with the amount of tears I had in there.” He replied once more.

“Wow.” was all Ryan could say thinking of how much trouble he would have gotten in if he did that to his parents.

“Yeah Ryan, wow it was so amazing running away from home.” Joey replied sarcastically, beginning to smile and laugh.

As Joey continued explaining to Ryan his memorable afternoon, other interesting and surprising things were happening to other people also.

Jakob and the rest of his class did end up having lunch detention with Moutevelis, though they remained quiet and completed all their work after she screamed at them. What kind of teacher would torture twenty nine, eight year olds like this?

Moutevelis was one of a kind…she was a teacher from hell as Joey had mentioned to his brother.

They were only allowed to go to the bathroom two by two (one girl and one boy). As for Cody he came back from the principal’s office quite normal, he only got the usual where his name was put in the behaviour book and he got a demerit. Thank god Moutevelis wasn’t principal, because if she was…lets just say the school would end. She would have most likely expelled Cody if not kill him, instead of giving him the punishment that Mr Johnson gave him. She really had a heart made of stone.

Billie ended up calling Tré so that they could practice The Saints Are Coming at Mike’s house. Mike was partially feeling better but very exhausted from the night he had to endure. The poor man couldn’t get one glimpse of sleep, his air conditioner was running non stop on the coldest temperature it could work on and yet he was still feeling extremely hot and the sweat wouldn’t stop running down his whole body.

“Have you tried taking cold showers?” Tré asked his elder friend, who looked too sick to practice.

“Yes…but then my toes and fingers started shrivelling up and I hate that because it grosses me out.” Mike replied, taking a huge sip from his gigantic raspberry and cola slurpee that Billie had bought him on the way to his house.

“God it’s freezing in here Mike!” Billie exclaimed from his chair, holding his guitar and adjusting his microphone.

“Sorry dude, go get a jumper from my room or something.” Mike suggested, tuning his bass up a bit.

“Yeah I think I will go do that actually.” Billie said, putting down his guitar and going upstairs to Mike’s room.

He walked up his best friends grand stairs and turned left when he reached the top. There were 5 bedrooms in Mike’s mini mansion. He had one beautiful girlish room for his daughter Estelle, filled with all her favourite toys he had bought her during the years. Though he only got to be with her every second week on the weekends he made lots of effort to shower her with toys, clothes and not to mention paying child support. He also made her an account that only he could access and put in half a million dollars, so that she could use it on what ever she wanted when she was older, and to also pay for her college fees if she wished to go there. He and his ex-wife had become good friends but there was no chance of hope for them two ever getting back together again. One room was specifically designed for work. It had built in desks and computers as well as filing cabinets etc. The other two rooms were left as guest rooms, both having their own complete bathrooms along with king size beds. Mike’s room was bigger then a normal size master bedroom. His room had one big balcony outside and he had a comfy lounge room in front of the windows. He had a huge plasma screen on the wall along with its additional accessories on the table underneath it. His bathroom had one very big shower and spa.

Billie walked into the walk in wardrobe and grabbed an Adeline hoodie he was familiar with. He quickly put it on and zipped it up.

“Ahh finally.” Billie said out loud to himself, feeling a great vast of warmth cover his body.

He went back down to the studio and rehearsed several times with Mike and Tré. Billie’s phone called and he opened it up to answer.

“Hey babe,” he said into the phone, knowing his wife was on the other end.

“Hey hun,” Adie replied, driving her car out of Adeline’s office.

“How are you, are you going home?” Billie asked, putting down his guitar and walking out of the room to hear her properly.

“I’m good, the designs are perfect and I got you a shirt that I think you’re going to like,” She replied, smiling into the phone.

“Ooo for me,” Billie cheekily said back, purposely sounding like a female.

“Well now its 1:30, I’m going home, and Billie I found this memory card in Joey’s school pants…do you know what’s on it by any chance?” Adie asked, looking at the cars clock and adjusting her rear view mirror.

“Memory card?” Billie said back, sounding confused and then directly thinking what was on it.

“Yeah…it was in Joey’s pocket,” Adie replied, curious as to what was on that little plastic card.

“I don’t know what’s on it…but maybe I should check.” Billie said back, wishing he hadn’t said his last sentence.

“You should check? Billie is there something I should know?” Adie replied again, accelerating a little faster to her house.

“Err…no” Billie said, hoping that she wasn’t going to find something she wouldn’t like her eleven year old boy watching.

“What time will you be coming home?” Adie questioned, changing the subject, turning into the street where her house would be.

“Soon enough hun,” He replied to her, Mike coming out of the studio wanting to know if Billie was ready to come back again to sing. He nodded in return to him and went back to talking with Adie. “I think I’ll be home in an hour or maybe even less.” He said back to her once more.

“Okay hun, see you then.” She answered back, getting out of her car and walking to the front of the door.

“Bye babe,” He said back, closing his phone off.