Status: Completed!

Leaving Miami

03. New York, New York.

When I woke up I was surprised to find that Danny was still holding onto me, that was kinda unexpected.
Before I could do anything the alarm clock went off. Danny groaned and shut the alarm off.
I felt a little ashamed by the fact that I had shown my soft side.
There was a banging on the door and it didn't stop. Danny got up, took his gun and put it in the back of his pants ”Stay here” He told me and left.
I hurried up and walked over to the door, I heard Danny open the door and I relaxed when I heard a familiar voice.
”Have you heard from her?” a panicked Don almost shouted.
”Calm down Don!” I said as I entered the room.
”I'm so sorry Blair” He said and came over to hug me.
”It's ok, luckily for you Danny came to my rescue” I joked
”Very funny” Don said sarcastically.
”Now take me to my apartment” I demanded.
Don got a little shifty, something was obviously wrong. ”About that”
”What?!” I snapped.
”I got you a place, but..” He paused ”There was something wrong with the pipe system and a pipe blew, and well eh... It has to be renovated a bit before you can move in”
”Please tell me you're joking” I paused to look at him, he was serious ”Oh C'mon!”
”Sorry B” Don said and gave me an apologetic look.
I sat down on the couch and sulked.
”You're welcome to stay here as long as you need” Danny said.
I looked up at him and said ”Thanks”
”No prob, now let's go to work early so that yo can get settled” Danny said.
We got ready, Don took his car and I went with Danny. When we arrived Danny brought me right to Mac's office.
”See ya later Miami!” Danny said and left.
I knocked on the door.
”Come in” Mac said and I went in.
”Hi Mac” I greeted, yes we were on first name basis.
He looked up and smiled ”Well Hello Blair, Please sit”
I did as he said.
”It's good to see you, we are lucky to have you” He paused ”I wish it were under better circumstances, My condolences”
”Thank you Mac” I said
Then we discussed the job here and I filled out some papers. We went to the gun storage to get my gun and badge.
”It's official, Welcome to the C.S.I New York Department.” Mac said as he handed me my new badge and gun, I took them gladly and put them where they belong.
Mac got a call about a case and put me right to work.
”Here's some help Adam” Mac said as we entered the lab.
”Hey, Blair!” He greeted.
”Looking good Adam!” I said and smiled.
”I'll leave you to it” Mac said and left.
”Let's take a look if you're as good as everyone says” Adam said and played a tape with what sounded like static and someone talking.
”What is that?” I asked.
”Evidence in a rape and homicide” Adam said.
”It's been stretched or scratched” I stated
Adam nodded.
”You've probably tried to clean it up and play it with the Avi?” I asked
”Yep” Adam said popping the p.
”But you still can't hear what's said” I thought to myself.
The rest of that day was spent in the lab with Adam, We figured out what was said and who the scum bag was. Now he was behind bars.
Danny and I went 'home' and ate thats how the days passed, Work, home, eat and sleep only to do the same the next day.
Days quickly turned into weeks that turned into months.
It's been 3 months since I moved here and now I had mover out of Danny's and into my own place. It was kinda empty and lonely without Danny.
We had grown so close in the three months we had lived together.
The Days went on like always, one little thing was different, How Danny treated me. He was a lot nicer and almost romantic in a way. He did small cute things like opened the door for me and stuff.
I was starting to develop feelings for him but it felt wrong it's only been 6 months since Tim had died, He was still on my mind but not as much as before. He was kinda fading away, which was paining me.
I was Happy though.
Another six months passed and today was the one year anniversary of Tim's death. I had taken the day off so I could stay at home and mourn in peace.
The hours flew by and soon it was like 5 in the evening and there was a knock on the door.
I put the photo album in my lap on the table and went to open. I was utterly surprised by what I was met by.
Danny with a bunch of red roses and an apologetic look on his face.
”Come in” I said and backed out of the way so he could come in.
”I didn't know what to do but I knew I had to be here as soon as I could” Danny said and gave me the flowers.
Tears started to fall down my cheeks, my eyes were red and puffy from crying all day.
”I didn't mean to upset you!” Danny said softly.
”No you didn't. This is just so nice and considerate” I sobbed.
Danny followed me into the kitchen and watched when I put the roses in water.
”They are beautiful Danny, Thank you” I said
”You're welcome” Danny said.
Danny stayed the whole night with me and we talked, I cried and he comforted me.
The next day we carpooled to work.
”We've received a tip that in a week there's gonna be a big drug shipment. It's estimated to be around 700-900 kg cocaine ”Mac said.
”That's a lot” I stated.
”Yes, Don is in charge of the raid. The Cocaine will be transported and stored here in our vault before we destroy it.
That brought up a memory
I could still feel the panic I felt when I heard that Tim had been injured in a drug transport due to bad gun maintenance. How mad I had been at him how much I shouted at him. He just laughed it away and said it's fine. If I'd only known that the same thing would later cost him his life, I would've cleaned that friggin gun myself.
Well, one week later it was time, Today was the big drug raid, Don went in with his men into this big warehouse. Shots were fired and we had to roll in.
Don killed one of them and had a really hard time coping with it.
Gavin Wilder the drug king was found dead in the dashboard of the truck.
900 kg cocaine was confiscated, which meant that it was the biggest bust in NYPD history.
I was waiting for Lindsay to show up for work, Then Danny comes in and say's that they switched shifts. He smiled at me and I hoped that it meant what I thought, He wanted to be with me.
”Blair, You and Danny go down to the warehouse and help Adam” Mac said
”Okay, Let's go Miami” Danny said and grabbed my arm pulling me with him.
”Oh my aren't we exited” I said sarcastically when we entered the elevator.
The drive downtown was silent.
There was red plastic covering the door, me and Danny entered and I immediately felt something was wrong, The truck was till there but no Police officers, the place was like deserted!
Danny Called out to Adam but no answer, He took out his gun and so did I. We saw the do not cross tape was ripped down.
This brought me back to Miami and I panicked. Danny saw that and turned to me ”It'll be fine, stay calm”
We continued on looking for Adam, Danny went first. It was all clear, no person seemed to be there!
'Where the hell is Adam' I though to myself as we rounded a corner and found Adam's kit on the floor surrounded by cigarette butts.
Danny called out to Adam once again and now there was a reply.
”Danny, Watch out!” Adam called from around another corner.
We looked up to see Adam sitting in the truck and then from nowhere these two goons with guns knocks danny unconscious. I didn't even have time to scream before they did the same to me.

Danny's P.O.V
The men threw me into the truck and I landed next to Adam, The poor guy was all beat up and bloody.
Seconds after they threw Blair in, she actually landed next of me. I quickly pulled out my phone and tried to call for help. The men realized what I was doing and hit my fingers with the gun, I screamed out in pain. They told me no to try any more stupid tricks.
I asked them what they wanted and that the drugs were gone. They wouldn't answer and just smashed my phone.
Poor Adam was shaking with fear, there were two police men in the back with us, they were cuffed.
I was in loads of pain, but so was Adam. His hands had like burn marks all over them.
”What did they do to you Adam?” I asked ”Tell me what they wanted?”
Adam was so freaked ”I'm so sorry, I had no choice” He paused
”They were gonna kill me, Danny”
I asked what they wanted again
”They wanted my ID-Card and the codes to the pass codes to the parking garage and the lab and” he paused again and banged his head against the wall, this poor guy was really feeling bad about something.
”and?” I asked impatiently
”They wanted to know where their guns and drugs are” He finally said
Blair was still unconscious on the floor I Pulled her towards me so she was lying in my arms. I wanted to keep her safe, just like that first night.
A few minutes passed and all of a sudden Blaire opens her eyes.
”You ok?” I whisper softly
She looked up at me and nodded, her eyes widen when she saw my hand
”You have to fix that, It's gonna hurt but you have to try and bend them into their right position” She explained.

Blairs P.O.V
I sat up and watched as Danny tried to put his fingers back into place.
I ripped a piece of his shirt and took out my badge, ”Here take it” Danny took it.
I took out Danny's wallet and told him to bite down hard on it at the same time he'd use the badge to bend his fingers.
Adam looked at the whole thing really nervously, he looked so scared.
Danny didn't even scream as he bended the fingers right.
”What do you have in your kit buddy?” Danny asked as i wrapped the shirt piece around Danny's hand.
”What do you mean, My kit's all over there” Adam said and motioned to outside the truck.
”Just tell me what you have in there” Danny grunted as i tied the ends together so the hand was all wrapped up.
”Than you” Danny said and looked at me with worry oozing out of every pore.
I smiled weakly.
Adam started counting up what he had in his kit, Danny reacted when Adam mentioned the narco-testkit. He said that that was good. I didn't understand what he was planning but it had to be dangerous and that I did not like one bit!
Danny said that adam had to go get the stuff he needed from the kit, Adam wasn't really up for the idea.
”No. Danny, Look at me. They'll kill me!” Adam Stammered
Danny tried to calm him down with the fact that if the wanted us dead they'd already killed us and that they need us as hostages.
Then he showed his vulnerable side ”I know you're afraid, I am to! See this girl” Danny motioned to me. ”We can't let her get hurt or killed, so you're gonna go get that from your kit”.
”How am I supposed to” Before Adam could finish his sentence Danny rushed up and ran out of the truck towards the two men with guns.
”DANNY NO!” I shouted and ran after him followed by Adam.
I ran after the thugs and Danny whilst Adam ran for the kit.
Danny didn't get far, the guys hit him with the gun and danny hit a wooden box really hard.
”Where are you going?” one of the guys asked
”You like pain don't you?” The other one asked
”I was gonna go get some fresh air man” Danny answered cockily.
They hit him again in the stomach and he falls to the ground ”STOP IT” i shouted but that just resulted in me getting beat down. I could taste the nasty iron taste filling my mouth. Great I was bleeding and my cheek? Hurting!
The goons talked but I didn't hear what they said I was too distracted by looking at the man I loved getting beat up.
Danny laughed and called them names, he told them that they had just highjacked a crime scene clean up and that when they cleaned up hells kitchen they got rid of all the smart guys.
They beat him again, there was a man over the radio calling the idiots in front of me.
”Hey jackie boy”
”yea?”
”It's show time!”
The man put the talkie back on his belt and bent down towards danny and told him it's time to make a phone call.
They made him call Don
”Don, It's Messer” Danny's eyes were closed. I wished he'd open them and look at me, see how freaked I was by all this.
”We've got a problem man, We've been kidnapped”
”Who?” I could hear Don over the phone
Danny looked up at me, his eyes filled with worry and fear.
”It's me, Adam and Blaire” Danny told him all the things the shitasses told him to.
Minutes later we heard sirens wailing, It was all going according to their plan and that was scaring me.
I heard one of the men started talking to someone over a walkie, it was Don's voice. I'd recognize it anywhere, anytime at any distance.
I looked over at Danny, ”This was all diversion so that they could get the drugs outta the vault in the Lab without any problems” I whispered.
”Bring me the cops” one said to the other.
The other had them stand up and walk out towards the other, he threw something grey to them and told them to put it on. The cops did as told, what other choice did they have?
Adam handed Danny the bottle he had gotten from the csi kit as the men prepared the cops.
They put tape over their mouths so they couldn't speak, they taped their hands and took off their own hoods and covered the cops' faces. The men then took off their own grey jumpsuits and underneath they were wearing cop-uniforms!
This was how they were getting out!
”Blair” Danny said, I looked at him, he never called me by my first name. ”There's something I have to tell you” He paused and came closer to me. Our lips met and it was heaven. He pulled away too son and looked me in the eyes, they were filled with sorrow.
”I'm sorry I have to do this to you”
”What, Danny.” I cut him off ”No! No don't you dare”
”I have to, but whatever happens know that I love you Miami.” Danny said and kissed me quickly.
The negotiating continued, something happened and one man came and had danny stand up.
Then Danny threw the liquid in the scum's face and charged him with all his power, beating him so that he fell to the ground. Another guy came in as danny grabbed the gun and he shot his friend.
That must have made Don decide to storm the place because seconds later I hear him shout to the disguised cops with taped guns in their hands to drop em.
Adam went out there shouting ”Don't shoot, their cops” and that the other guys are in the back.
Don came around back and saw me and Danny he immediately called for paramedics.
”I'm fine” Danny insisted
”You're not fine” I said and looked at him.
Lindsay came rushing in ”I'm so sorry Danny!” She exclaimed
”For what?” Danny asked
”Switching shifts, you shouldn't have been here” She said filled with guilt.
Danny looked from her to me ”It's ok, this was totally worth it”
I helped Danny to a Ambulance outside, I didn't leave his side.
”You look worried Miami” Danny joked.
”I am” I said and smiled weakly.
A officer found the gas company clothes in the trunk of a car.
Don's smart and quickly figured out that the gas leak at the lab was fake, he made sure I ask ok and rushed over to help the rest.
Me, well I was more worried about Danny. The paramedics had him loaded onto a stretcher and I was by his side the whole time, I was not about to leave him now or any time soon.
”Miss, You should get yourself checked out over there” A paramedic said and motioned over to another ambulance.
I shook my head ”I'm not leaving him”
Danny smiled ”Go get yourself checked out Miami”
I shook my head again, Danny took my hand and kissed it.
”Miss, I must insist”
I looked at the man in front of me and he looked worried, ”I am not leaving Danny!” I tried again.
The other paramedic made his way over to us and started his check-up.
”Will she live?” Danny asked joking with the guy.
The man just smiled and answered ”Yes, She has only got a few cuts and bruises.”
”and a fat lip” I added and smiled.
The guys laughed and they loaded Danny in the back of the ambulance.
I was allowed to go with him, the ride to the hospital was quiet and kinda awkward.
In the hospital I had to wait outside, when the doctors came out I went in.
Danny was on a bed, his had was casted he was cleaned up but covered with bruises and small cuts.
”Hey you” I said and smiled weakly.
”Come on in Miami” Danny said and smiled too.
I sat down on the chair next to the bed, I put my hand on his.
”There are a few things I have to say” I said and looked down.
”I'm all ears” Danny said.
”The stunt you pulled back there could have cost you your life and I don't think I could have handled that, you dying” I said still looking down.
”I'm sorry” Danny said.
I looked up at him ”After Tim I thought I'd never find someone that I liked as much as I like you.” I paused and tears started forming in my eyes ”But I did, at first I hated myself for feeling these things for you. It felt like I was betraying Tim.”
Danny squeezed my hand.
”And when you told me that you Loved me, I didn't get the chance to tell you that” I took a deep breath ”I Love you to Danny Messer”
”Come here” Danny said and motioned on the bed next to him.
I crawled up in the bed and we cuddled the whole night.

Years Later:

Dear Diary!
Even though I no longer work in the New York Crime lab I'm happier than I've ever been, today is mine and Danny's 2nd anniversary, Danny says he has something special planned for tonight.
My old co-workers from both Miami and New York are coming for the party. I couldn't be happier.
Alexander is playing with his twin sister Andréa o the floor right next to me, Danny is due home any minute now.

I think I have a future football player growing inside of me, He is kicking like crazy. It feels nice. I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful children and a third on the way!
I could not be more Blessed
♠ ♠ ♠
So here it is The absolute last part.
It's been written for a long time and I thought I had already posted it but after a reader commented that she was waiting for the last part I looked back on this and noticed that the last part that I had been working so hard on was still missing.
I am really sorry for this everybody and I hope you have enjoyed reading this!

Lots of Love
P