Status: Working on the next Chapter

Secret

Chapter 1

“Ah...” I sighed flipping another diary page.

When had life become so boring and complicated? I had to learn about this girl's life fast, or else they'd put me in some shrink. It was just, her life was so different from mine. Callie Maple was the type of girl who stayed home. She didn't belong to any club at her high school. She had no siblings—

I jerked when a wet, warm thing grazed my hand. When I saw what, rather who, I calmed down with a nervous laugh.

“Hey, boy.” I patted the Golden Retriever’s head. “Don't sneak up like that. I want this heart to last a little longer than my last one.” I scolded playfully as the yellow dog scrambled to get onto bed with me. “Hmm...” I pouted. “You make me miss Monty.” Keith lowered his head on my leg.

Dogs. It was the only thing me and Callie had in common. We both loved them.

Callie Maple had been a stranger to me until two weeks ago. And, I came to know her closely, in a very strange fashion.

Life sucked and then you died. Only my life hadn't sucked. It had been great! I was one of the top of my class, in the cheerleading team—I walked down the hallways of Eugene Ashley high school and I got steamy stares from the boys, and envious gazes from the girls. I was good looking—though, this new body had a bonus mine never had. Boobs, they were big, seriously big—the only down point I saw in them, was that I couldn't be a cheerleader anymore. Artistic gymnastic was definitely off the list.

I used to be Evie, tall, nice-ass, pale, nut-brown hair reaching just inches below my neck. Now, I was Callie—big-boobs, ample hips, thin, blond hair grazing the middle of my back—with pale hazel eyes.

When I first woke up, I was surprised. Why? Because I died, I felt my body crumbling into oblivion. Felt as the blood left me. I was emptied of my life force, all of it. I didn't fool myself as I'd tried to run, to get away. I was going nowhere outside those woods.

I was going to die, and I did.

My body did, anyway. I think my soul slipped out and, as crazy as it seems, it entered another person. I woke up confused. I was at a hospital, soon nurses came rushing in. Not very long after, a woman came to the room, tears in her eyes—but happiness took over as she hugged me tight. I learned that Callie had been in a coma for about three weeks 'till that day. It took me about three days to come to terms to what had happened... Oh, who am I kidding! I'm not really calm about this, I mean, my life, the real one, ended. It's over... and worst of all I know who took it from me. It was—

The knock caused Keith's head jerk.

“Callie?” Came the melodic voice. “Can I come in, sweetie?” I closed one of Callie's diaries, stuffing it behind the pillow.

“Yeah, sure.” I called trying to sound normal.

When I saw Jennifer walk into my room it was like staring into an older version of this body. The hair was lighter, shorter, falling to her shoulders. The hips were equally curvy, the eyes shining with the same light I saw in mine. Jennifer's lips were full, beautiful. Callie's Mother was gorgeous, and don't get me wrong, so was Callie. But I doubted she showed her true potential with all the baggy hoodies and jeans in that walk-in closet of hers. That was going to be remolded.

“Huh...” I blinked. “Is there something on my face?” I tapped around feeling for anything amiss.

Jen shook her head immediately, a radiant smile showing as she did.

“Oh no, honey it's just... so nice to see you alive and home.” I could tell her words meant it, they came from the heart.

It made me wonder how Dad was doing... and Lindsey. How were they dealing with my death? They must be torn and I couldn't do anything for them. It wasn't like I could walk up to them and say:

“Hey, it's me Evie, I didn't actually die, I'm possessing this girl!”

There were things I knew that no one else knew, I could use them to try and convince them it was me inside Callie, but not yet. Right now I had other matters to take care of.

“It's... good to be home—Mom.” I nearly choked on the last word. Not only because she wasn't my Mother. I hadn’t called anyone my Mom since I was eleven.

If it was possible, Jennifer smile grew.

“So, what's up?” I shifted forward, pulling my best acting skills to the game.

“Oh,” She held up a finger as if finally recalling something long forgotten. “I came to tell you I transferred you already. You can start next Monday.” Then her face frowned a bit. “Though, I don't see why you wanted to change high schools. I thought you were doing well in New Hanover.”

I shrugged cupping Keith's face, looking him in the eyes—he licked my nose all of a sudden, I managed a smile.

“I figured it was time for a change. Actually,” I began, daring a glance from the closet to Callie's Mom. “I was thinking of doing some shopping. I need new clothes, you know, for a fresh new start.”

Her darker hazel eyes popped wider. She gripped the door knob lightly.

“Really? You do? Oh!” She exclaimed with clear joy, Jennifer was probably starting to think that falling off the roof was the best think to ever happen to her daughter.

I kept in a sigh, smiling weakly. I was still Evie on the inside of this body and I had a mission.

Getting revenge on Camry Scarlet, my best friend, my killer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should I go on?