Status: Working on the next Chapter

Secret

Chapter 2

First day at school, well not really. It was the second semester already, and I was in my senior year.

I drove to the parking lot behind the school's gymnasium—I was about to park Callie's Toyota—mine now—in what used to be my usual spot. I hit the brakes on time. For two reasons:

One, I didn't want to start badly with the popular kids who I knew from A to Z, and two, it was taken.

I recognized that silver Mercedes anywhere. My teeth ground together as flashes from that night flowed into my brain. A sudden, sharp, flare made me jerk my head around like I expected a person to be standing there. My shoulder felt hot; there was nothing on it, though. I recalled Camry grabbing me by it two weeks ago. It was probably a side effect from experiencing my death. I considered it the most traumatic event in my life; I wished I could erase it.

With a shake of my blond head, I grabbed my bag from the passenger's seat and applied the dark rosy, lipstick me and Jen had bought on our shopping trip. After tossing it back, I climbed out of the car. High heels—checked; skirt showing off the tanned legs—checked; v-neck blouse—checked; lastly, thin leather jacket—check up complete. Having these new curvy hips was fun, I was swinging them with just the perfect amount of seduction. I could already see boys passing and staring. Ah... once a fashion-diva, always a fashion-diva.

I smiled when one of the football players wiggled his eyebrows at me, I didn't give a long stare, though. Funny enough there was no boy I found interesting at this high school. I might have been a cheerleader, but it didn't mean I was falling head over heels for the football guys. They were all muscles and no brains—oh wait, they had something else: Dicks. And let me tell you, they all made use of them.

Along a crowded hallway I passed my old history room. I was lucky that Callie was taking most of my courses, otherwise, goodbye graduation and straight A's. Just because I was in someone else's body and had a T-Rex bone to pick with a certain mean girl, it didn't mean I didn't want to get into an Ivy League College.

When I walked into the office my first instinct was to wave at Mrs. Dolores, the secretary, I did but felt a little awkward. She was a nice enough person, kind of bored with her job sometimes, stern to the younger kids. I used to bring chocolates around.

"Hi, I'm Callie Maple—I'm new."

Mrs. Dolores adjusted her moon spectacles—it always reminded me of Dumbledore. Of course she didn't have a major long beard. A woman with a beard now that would be a disaster, I couldn't imagine myself with one it would be... freaky. Huh, speaks the girl who should be dead, but instead, stole a body from a girl who'd been in a coma. I don't think I fit the definition of freaky anymore. I took it to a whole new level.

"Oh," She mumbled glancing from her computer screen. "Sorry dear, what did you say? I was finishing some work... a certain someone got into trouble again," Mrs. Dolores turned her head to somewhere down the short hall lined up with common plastic chairs. A short chuckle came from one of the them.

I sighed feeling my patience running short. I was anxious about being in this school again, seeing the same people—her. Camry. I could hear her name resound in my head, shivers coursed all that was skin.

"Huh, yeah... I said I'm new," I began clearing my throat. "I'm here to pick up my schedule." I flipped my hair over the shoulder, leaning on the counter.

"Ah, yes, dear—I'll need your name." The middle aged secretary said.

"Ev—" I coughed forcefully, to cover up my mistake. Happened... "Callie," I said as if testing myself. "Callie Maple,"

She banged on the computer keyboard and the printer, behind her, buzzed to life spitting out my schedule. I grabbed the paper from her hands looking it over.

"There it is, your locker number and combination, too. You'll need to collect an admit slip from each of your teachers and bring it here by the end of the day." I nodded knowing where every classroom was situated at, getting around would be easy as pie—

"But you might find it a little hard to get to class..." Mrs. Dolores piped from her black office chair.

"Oh no worries, I'll—"

She wasn't looking to me any longer, her eyes were on something else—someone else.

"Isn't your next class English, Keller?" I heard her state more than question. "I know it is, and since you're done here," She glanced to me under her half-moon glasses. "You can take this young lady here to class with you."

Keller? Did I know someone by that name? I think so... but I couldn't really put a face to the name—not right away.

"Ah," There was this long sigh coming from right behind me. "What the hell, I got nothing better to do." I didn't need to spin around; the guy leant on the counter using his elbow.

Now, I knew who Keller was. He was the guy you wanted nothing to do with, the guy who broke your heart because you thought you could change him, but he'd prove you otherwise. I could sum him up in the following words: Dangerous, sexy, occasional stoner. Exactly by that order.

"Follow me, freckle nose." I jumped to attention when he departed from the office without me, but what got on my nervous wasn't that.

I caught up with him easily, since he'd been leaning on a nearby locker.

"My name is Callie," I informed grasping my bag. "Callie, got it?" I watched as he tilted his head and rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, freckly-Callie." Blood rushed to my face. I never had to deal embarrassing nicknames before, and since when having freckles was such a big deal?

"C-A-L-L-I-E, Callie." I refused to kick a locker in anger, I think that was a side-effect from my death. I got angry much quicker. "Why are you laughing?" I said feeling my cheeks burn. "God, are you high already? What is it, like, six-thirty?"

At my side-line comment, Keller stopped. Whoops... new kid. I wasn't supposed to know that.

"Nah, not yet, later though..." He said thoughtful. When he caught me eying his profile Keller cracked a smirk. "Interested in joining?"

First, relief crashed over me seeing as he didn't find weird I thought he'd be stoned by now, and second...

"As if," I scoffed walking along with him, not that I wanted, we were just heading to the same place.

"You're that kind of girl," He laughed deeply. My hazel eyes narrowed. "The buzz-kill type of girl that does whatever her daddy says." Keller cleared up.

My teeth pressed together. Yes, I used to be that girl. I used to follow what my Dad said; he didn't even put up too many rules... now I didn't have a Dad. Callie's own Father died in war when she was two. So...

"I don't have a Dad," I cracked unknown to myself, unfortunately Keller caught it and I watched something I wasn't used to was directed at me: Pity. "Argh," I pushed out a long, angry sigh. "I don't need this." I stormed off towards the class room. Who cared if the school's bad-boy was supposed to take me there? I sure as hell didn't.

My hand caught and I was spun, going face to face with Keller's black T-shirt that left very little to my imagination. But I didn't show myself impressed with his physique, I moved my eyes to his—noticing their color for the first time. Sky-blue, almost crystal like. It clashed with his dark brown hair, the dark clothes.

"If you're going to make up another immature nickname I'll punch you—don't be fooled by my dandy appearance. I can pack a punch and trust me, it doesn't take a lot for me to snap. And if you're going to apologize, don't bother. I don't need your freaking pity." I sighed softly, shaking a bit.

I'd been trying not to think that although I wasn't completely gone from this world, I had truly lost my family. It was a reality I had to learn to deal with, but it was so hard... to know I was here and they were here, and I couldn't go over and have breakfast, lunch, dinner with them. Laugh, joke... never again. I'd been trying so hard...

The grip on my hand loosened and the dark haired boy took a step back, glancing down, he was like half a head taller than me. The previous smirk wasn't as present, it hadn't vanished, though.

"I was going to say," He pulled me aside allowing someone passage. "You're going the wrong way."

I batted my eyelashes from daze. I wasn't expecting that. Couldn't the dick apologize? I said I didn't' want an apology, but when did us girls say what we actually wanted to boys? We just didn't. It was up to them to figure it out. When I glimpsed around though, I saw I'd passed room 126. My fury really took over me...

"Room 126," He said nodding behind him. "Right over there, Cal."

I heaved a groan. What was it with this guy and nicknames? Still, 'Cal' was better than the others.

"I noticed, now, thanks." I shook his hand from mine walking away. "You've done your job, you don't need to follow me around. This isn't Beverley Hills, I'm not gonna tip you." I pulled the door—it closed when a weight pressed down on it.

"I have this class too, don't flatter yourself, new girl." Keller pushed me up against the wall—I drew into it.

"Does this really work for you, Keller?" I smirked sarcastically, looking up at his shaped hair.

"Aiden," He smirked equally brutally. "My last name's Keller."

"Hmm, I don't care." I shrugged pushing him with a shove then flung the class room door open.

My heart skipped a beat when my eyes took in the view.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the great comments. Hope you like this :)