‹ Prequel: Almost Perfect
Status: Updating...

Playing for Keeps

Chapter 10

It had been three months since Evelyn’s surgery and she had since been pronounced cancer free. Stacy and Adam had to take her in every three months for blood work and CT and MRI scans but after her first round of testing post-surgery she was still looking alright. The parents couldn’t believe the journey they had gone on with her over the past few months and felt incredibly blessed to find that she was free from the cancer and back to her normal self. Stacy loved the fact that Evelyn had her personality back and that she was up and running around again like old times. She and Adam had been so stressed out that it felt like a huge weight had been lifted since then.

“I have a surprise for you!” Adam came into the kitchen grinning that night while Stacy was making dinner. He had been at the studio with the guys putting the last few songs together before they began to finalize the album and get it ready for release.

“What’s that?” Stacy asked, turning from the stove and smiling at her boyfriend. Things continued to be better than ever between them and they both knew it was headed in a more serious direction.

Adam continued to grin as he approached her, pulling her slender form into his arms, “You and I,” He paused and kissed her softly, “Are taking a vacation.”

She pulled her face back a bit and looked up at him, her eyebrows knitted together, “What?”

“We are going on vacation,” He smiled again; pecking her lips once more and then gave her hips a squeeze. “I’m taking you to paradise for 7 days of rest and relaxation.”

“Really?” Her voice became high pitched and she squealed a little bit. “A real vacation!?”

“A real vacation! Just you and I on a beach in Aruba!” He held up a few sheets of paper that looked like plane tickets and hotel reservations.

“Oh my god, Adam!” Stacy let out an excited scream and jumped up and down, “I haven’t gone on a vacation in years!”

He allowed her to have a little celebratory dance as she let out sounds of excitement before he filled her in a bit more, “I booked us a private hut right on the beach where we have our own pool and Jacuzzi tub. There are 8 different restaurants to choose from at the resort and all the different amenities and activities we could possibly want.” He kissed her cheek and then went to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water, “Pack your bags babe, we leave in three days!”

“Three days?! What about Evelyn?” She asked, quickly stirring the spaghetti sauce and then glancing over at Adam.

“I’ve already asked my mom to take her for the week, which she happily agreed to do.” Adam sat at the counter and smiled proudly at her, “And I’ve taken the liberty of calling your work and explaining everything. It was a bit difficult on such short notice but they were willing to give you the time off because of everything that’s happened with Evelyn.”

“Seriously?” Stacy was shocked that he had gone to such lengths to ensure that they could take this trip together. “You are amazing!” She practically bounced over to him and snaked her arms around his neck, pulling him close to kiss him passionately.

“I’m glad you think so sweetheart, I can’t wait to have you all to myself for a week.” He smiled; Adam knew this would be good for them. He needed to do something special for her after the hell he’s put her through over the years.

“I need to go shopping! I have to get new swimsuits and a few dresses to wear for dinners!” Stacy began talking to herself as she finished cooking dinner, making plans in her head about going shopping and packing her bags in the next few days so she had everything she needed for an amazing week away with the love of her life.

The following days went by like a whirlwind, the excitement building each time they saw each other or talked about their trip. Stacy couldn’t stop smiling at work on Thursday, the day before they were supposed to leave. She had gone to the mall the day prior and picked up a few new swim suits, a couple dresses, new shoes/sandals, and a few pieces of lingerie that she knew Adam would appreciate.

“Are you excited for your trip?” Jade, Stacy’s colleague asked as they were walking out of the hospital that evening.

“Like you can’t imagine!” Stacy grinned, “I haven’t gone on a vacation in a really long time and the fact that Adam went through all this trouble just to plan something special for the two of us makes it that much more special.”

“He sounds pretty wonderful Stac, you’re a lucky girl.” Jade smiled at her friend, they went to nursing school together and they ended up working on the same floor out of coincidence.

“I know,” Stacy smiled, thinking about how much they had been through together and how they had quickly fallen back together and in love even after so many obstacles had gotten in their way.

“Well I hope you have a blast! Let’s have drinks and a little bond session when you get back!” Jade pulled the woman into a hug and waved as she headed off in the direction of her car.

“Sounds like a plan, see you in a week!” Stacy called over her shoulder, climbing into her Land Rover.

After work Stacy went home, packed Evelyn’s things and then brought her to Adam’s mother’s for the week. She stayed for a while to chat with her before kissing Evelyn goodbye and heading home to pack her things.

She hardly slept that night being that Adam got home around 2 a.m. and then they laid in bed talking for a bit, too excited to actually sleep. When the alarm went off a few hours later at 5 a.m. it was a rude awakening. Both of them got up and quickly dressed in casual clothes that would be comfortable to travel in before getting in the car Adam had called to drive them to the airport.

Stacy looked over at Adam in the car, grinning. “We are going to Aruba!”

“I know babe, I booked the trip,” He smirked at her and reached over taking hold of her hand. “I’m really looking forward to this though.”

She watched as he smiled to himself and looked out the window. Stacy couldn’t remember the last time she was this happy. She was about to board a plane that was taking them to paradise for a week where she didn’t have to worry about anything, she didn’t have to be a nurse, a mother. She didn’t have to worry about anything but being Adam Levine’s girlfriend.

The ride to airport seemed short and when they pulled in and got out, Stacy started heading for the line to check their bags but Adam took her hand and pulled her in a different direction, “Nope, this way.”

She gave him a curious look but followed suit. They walked passed all the lines of people waiting, looking at their watches and yawning as they were corralled through the baggage check lines. She was surprised when Adam walked all the way to the far end of the airport and pulled out his passport and their boarding passes and handed them to the scrawny airline agent.

“Thank you, Mr. Levine,” The man nodded at Adam and then looked at her expectantly.

“OH!” Stacy smiled, embarrassed and then reached into her purse to pull out her passport.

“Thank you ma’am,” he handed Stacy back her passport and then waved the two of them on.

Adam took her hand and they trailed behind the airline agent so Stacy took the opportunity to whisper to Adam, “He called me ma’am! I hate when people do that! I am not a ma’am! I’m a miss!”

Adam started laughing and leaned over to kiss her cheek, “You’re definitely a miss at only 26, almost 27 years old!”

Stacy nodded and smiled, she had almost forgot her birthday was next month. The time had flown by this year.

“Where are we going?” Stacy asked curiously, they were walking through the airport but they were passing all of the main terminals.

“You’ll see,” Adam said softly as they continued to follow the man.

Stacy didn’t have to wonder much longer because after another 100 feet they turned towards a terminal and outside the window Stacy saw a giant jet. “What? Is that….” She looked at Adam with wide eyes.

“Our own personal jet?” He smirked, “Yep.”

“Oh my gosh!” Stacy couldn’t believe her eyes, she knew that Adam had connections but he usually didn’t use them like this for just the two of them.

They were led out to the jet and they climbed the steps just like in the movies before being greeted by a female flight attendant. “Hello Mr. Levine, Miss Walker,” She smiled at them both and escorted them to their seats.

After stowing their bags away and Adam showing Stacy around, they sat in their seats and buckled up.

“Babe, this is the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me.” Stacy smiled at him, taking his hand in hers. “Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.”

“You deserve it darling,” Adam smiled at her and then looked out the window as the Captain’s voice came overheard, announcing that they would be on their way to Aruba shortly.

Stacy squirmed in her set and let out an excited chuckle, pumping her fist in the air. “Let’s get this show on the road!”

Adam smiled at her and they sat in silence as the plane began to move onto the runway.

“Taking off in an airplane is one of my favorite things,” Stacy said thoughtfully, watching out the window at all the lights of the city.

“Really?” Adam asked. He had never heard anyone say that before.

Stacy nodded, “Mhmm, I love how fast the plane goes and then the feeling it gives my stomach when we finally lift off the ground.”

Adam just watched her as she smiled, still gazing down at the beautiful sights. He still couldn’t believe he had gotten lucky enough to find her and he planned to show her just how amazing he thought she was this week.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess who FINALLY updated?! Oh my word I apologize for my absence over the last few weeks! I have no excuses, just didn't have time to update. I hope you all liked this chapter though.....what do you think will happen while they are away in Aruba? I've got big plans! ;) Please leave me feedback and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading!