‹ Prequel: Almost Perfect
Status: Updating...

Playing for Keeps

Chapter 11

Stacy and Adam had been Aruba for two days and they had hardly left the bedroom, making up for lost time and enjoying the long awaited time alone. It was their third day in paradise and Stacy had coaxed Adam to lie on the beach with her after pleading with him for five minutes straight.

The pair was currently lounging on plush lawn chairs on the white sandy beach, Stacy having trouble taking her eyes off Adam’s toned body as he reclined back looking out over the ocean.

“It’s beautiful here,” Adam commented as he looked over at her through his Ray Bans.

Stacy was lying on her stomach, swimsuit top untied and trying to sun her backside. She squinted her eyes and looked up at him grinning, “It’s amazing, I don’t think I ever want to leave.”

“I think Evelyn would miss us,” Adam laughed, reaching over and lightly rubbing his girlfriend’s back.

Stacy nodded, not opening her eyes. She was having a wonderful time on their vacation so far and the fact that they still had four full days of relaxation ahead of them put a permanent smile on her face. She missed Evelyn too but it was really nice to have Adam to herself.

“Do you want to go for a walk baby?” Adam asked, sitting up on his chair and turning his body towards her.

“Sure, help me tie up my suit please?” She asked, sitting up and holding the front of her suit while she felt Adam’s hands gently tie up the back of her plum colored bikini.

His hands lingered on her skin a little longer than necessary causing her to involuntarily shiver. “You look so sexy in this suit,” He whispered softly as he kissed her shoulder, running his hands down her arms.

“Thank you,” She grinned, standing up and turning around to face him. She stood on her tippy toes and kissed his lips gently. They were on their own private section of the beach so Adam intensified the kiss and allowed his hands to roam her body.

Stacy groaned against his mouth and then pulled away, “I thought you wanted to go for a walk!” She laughed, pulling her body from his grasp and taking hold of his hand. She pulled him towards the shoreline and dipped her toes in the water as she heard him whine from behind her.

“That was really mean,” He complained as he wrapped his arms around her from behind and spun the woman around. She giggled loudly as she spun, waiting for him to put her down.

“Adam! Put me down!” She laughed, turning to smile broadly at him once her feet hit the sand.

“Okay, okay,” He laughed along with her and then took her hand, leading them down the beach.

The two walked hand in hand along the vibrant blue water as it lapped at their feet. “I couldn’t imagine a better way to spend a week away from home.” Stacy said as she looked over at him.

“I could think of one thing that could make it better,” Adam said as he stopped and turned her around to face him.

“What’s that?” She asked, looking at him with a curious look on her face.

“Stacy I know we’ve been through a lot together, some good and some bad.” He took a deep breath and pushed a stray piece of hair behind her ear. “But I wouldn’t change anything because we’ve built an amazing life together in the process. We have a beautiful daughter, a home, and a relationship that is full of love, laughter, and honesty. I know that it was rough going for a while but I’m insanely happy that we’ve worked things out.”

“I am too,” Stacy smiled at him. She placed her hand on his cheek, “Why are you telling me all of this?”

“I’m telling you all of this because I wanted you to know how much you mean to me,” He smiled and kissed her cheek, “Stacy you and Evelyn are the two most important people in my life and I don’t think I could live without you, so what I’m trying to say is….” He paused again and reached into the cargo pocket of his swim trunks, pulling out a small box. Adam smiled at her and then started to kneel down onto one knee, causing Stacy to gasp and bring her hands over her mouth, her eyes going wide.

“Stacy, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife and spending the rest of your life with me?” Adam finished, opening up the ring box to reveal a 2-carat round cut diamond with a halo of small diamonds around the center stone placed on a band lined with diamonds. It sparkled brilliantly in the warm sun of Aruba.

“Oh my god Adam!” Stacy cried happily. She jumped up and down as she looked from him to the ring and then back at him.

Adam smiled at her, laughing at her excitement, “Is that a yes?”

“YES!” She shouted as she did a little dance, pulling him up off of the sand, “Yes, of course I’ll marry you!” Her voice was filled with enthusiasm and the smile wasn’t going to leave her face any time soon.

Adam stood and pulled the ring out of the box, slipping in onto her ring finger. It fit perfectly, being that he had found out her ring size from Sam and had it sized before they left for Aruba.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer, smashing her lips against his. “I love you so much!” She said as they pulled away, she pushed his sunglasses up onto his head so she could see his eyes.

“I love you too Stacy,” He grinned, holding her tighter.

She looked at the ring over his shoulder, still in awe. He did an amazing job picking it out all on his own, she couldn’t believe it. They hadn’t even talked about getting engaged or married anytime soon, this was a complete and utter shock but she was happy about it.

“I’m shocked!” She admitted once the excitement had died down and they had started walking back to their lawn chairs.

“Really? I was afraid that you knew something was up when I booked the trip,” He responded.

“Not at all!” She informed him.

“Good,” Adam smirked as he picked up their things from the lawn chairs, “Now let’s go celebrate!” He slapped her ass and snaked an arm around her waist, pulling her body into his.

Stacy was surprised to feel the hardness in his pants against her hip but it caused her to grin. “Mr. Levine! Apparently someone is very excited about the engagement!” She giggled as he led the way to their hut.

Adam just wiggled his eyebrows at her as he pulled his new fiancé into their hut and laid her down on the bed; ready to show her just how much he loved her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I finally updated! I apologize for taking so long again, I've been so busy lately! As always, I appreciate the feedback and comments left on the story! It helps motivate me to update! Please let me know what you think of this chapter! :) Thanks for reading!