‹ Prequel: Almost Perfect
Status: Updating...

Playing for Keeps

Chapter 12

That night Stacy and Adam decided to celebrate their engagement by getting dressed up and going to the main resort for a nice dinner. Stacy chose to wear a fitted white dress that hugged her slender figure; it was strapless so she wore a chunky silver necklace with rhinestones with a matching bracelet and earrings. She wore a pair of white heels and left her hair down and flowing. Adam was wearing a pair of black pants with a black shirt and a white skinny tie; he looked incredibly handsome with his messy hair and his perfectly groomed facial hair.

They were seated in a more secluded area of the restaurant in order to get privacy from the rest of the resort guests.

“Hi, I’m Casey I’ll be your waitress tonight….” The pretty brunette with olive skin and dark brown eyes looked at the couple and then Stacy noticed her eyes go wide as she recognized Adam. “Oh my god!”

Stacy cringed as the other female’s voice screeched; she glanced across the table at Adam and saw that he very subtly rolled his eyes.

“You’re Adam Levine!” The young waitress said in a hushed whisper. “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.” Casey fanned herself and then smiled at Adam.

“I am,” Adam said calmly.

“I’m such a big fan! Sorry, I don’t mean to be so unprofessional but I love you!” Casey squealed a bit more and then jumped up and down. She quickly glanced around making sure her managers weren’t watching her.

“That’s okay, always nice to meet a fan.” Adam said, still not showing much emotion.
Casey stuck out her hand, “I’m Casey,” she said again.

“Nice to meet you Casey,” Adam shook her hand and smiled. “This is my girlfriend Stacy,” Adam pointed across the table at Stacy, being polite but the young waitress simply glanced over at Stacy before focusing her attention on Adam again.

“What can I get you to drink?” She asked him.

Adam looked over at Stacy; they shared a knowing look which caused Stacy to smirk. She was used to women blowing her off when she was with him, they were jealous and she understood that.

“I’d like a beer and my beautiful girlfriend will have a glass of your best red wine,” Adam reached across the table and took Stacy’s hand. She knew he was calling her his girlfriend so that the young woman wouldn’t go spreading the rumors before they had a chance to announce their engagement to friends and family first.

“Absolutely, I’ll be right back with that.” Casey gave Adam a flirty smile and winked before heading off in the direction of the bar.

“Maybe we should have just stayed in the room,” Stacy smirked at Adam.

“I think you might be right,” He laughed. He hated when they couldn’t just enjoy a meal together in peace, he felt like he had to be gracious to the fans because he really did love them and appreciated them but it was hard when he just wanted privacy with his family.

“Oh well, just memories in the making I guess!” Stacy tried to make the best of it, smiling at her fiancé as she opened her menu.

The two looked at the menu options in silence before Casey returned with their drinks.

“Here you go Mr. Levine,” Stacy watched as Casey leaned forward, allowing her large breasts to pop out of her small polo while she set Adam’s beer in front of him. She casually clanked Stacy’s glass down, allowing the wine to slosh around in the glass before returning her attention back to the rock star. “Do you know what you’d like to eat? I can make some suggestions if you’d like.”

“I think we are ready,” Adam looked at Stacy to make sure she was also prepared to order, she nodded gently before closing her menu. “After you darling,” Adam ushered Stacy to order first making Casey roll her eyes and turn towards Stacy.

“I’d like the salmon please,” Stacy said, holding out her menu for Casey to take. “I’ll have the rice and a salad for my sides.”

“Sure,” She scribbled something on her notepad and then spun around to Adam again, “And for you handsome?”

Stacy was taking a sip of her wine and she almost choked when she heard the term of endearment. It made her giggle; this girl was trying very hard.

“I think I’m going to get the steak and lobster,” Adam said, also handing his menu over to the waitress.

“Oh, what a great choice! That’s my favorite thing on the menu!” She giggled as she touched Adam’s shoulder. “We’d get along great I’m sure!”

Adam just nodded, forcing a smile before looking away and trying to focus his attention on Stacy.

“So what are you doing in Aruba? Are you guys doing a concert or something? I usually keep pretty close tabs on you guys but I must have missed something!” Casey tried to carry on a conversation, earning an annoyed look from Adam.

“I’m not here with the band; I’m actually here on personal time for vacation.” He said, keeping the conversation short and to the point.

“OH! What do you think so far? This place is beautiful isn’t it?” Casey continued, “Speaking of beautiful, I thought you were dating that one model?” She glanced at Stacy, clearly indicating that she didn’t think she was model material.

“I’m not sure that’s any of your business,” Adam spoke sternly, “If you wouldn’t mind going to put our order in I’d appreciate it.”

“Sure of course, we can chat later,” She gave him another wink and trotted off in another direction.

“I’m so sorry baby,” Adam said softly, he felt terrible that their celebration dinner was quickly turning into a fan encounter.

“It’s fine Adam, it isn’t your fault that people love you.” She smiled, “I’m slowly getting used to the fact that no matter where we go someone is going to recognize you.”

“I know, but this is a special moment for us and I don’t want her trying to ruin it.” He squeezed her hand.

“Well let’s just enjoy the time we have now before she comes back!” Stacy laughed.

“I’d like to make a toast,” He held up his beer and spoke quietly so the guests around them wouldn’t hear him. “To the most beautiful bride-to-be, the love of my life, and to spending the rest of our lives together,” Adam clanked his bottle against her glass and then they each took a sip of their drinks. “I love you so much Stacy, I can’t wait to marry you.”

“I love you too,” Stacy’s eyes sparkled as she looked at the handsome singer across the table. She still had a hard time believing that she had gotten lucky enough to share her life with him.

“When we get home we’ll have to throw a little gathering to announce the engagement!” Adam suggested as they sat there chatting, waiting for their food to come.

“That would be fun!” Stacy grinned, looking down at her ring, admiring it.

“Do you like it?” Adam asked, holding her hand and looking at it himself. “We can always go look when we get home to see if you like something different,” Adam began to ramble, “If it’s not big enough we can upgrade it too, I wasn’t sure exactly what you’d like, I just knew that you liked round cut diamonds so we can always go look….”

Stacy cut him off, leaning across the table to kiss his lips quickly before sitting back in her seat. “Adam, the ring is absolutely gorgeous; you couldn’t have picked a better one. I love it because you picked it out yourself and proposed to me with it,”

Stacy was going to continue when she was interrupted, “You’re engaged?!” Casey’s voice echoed throughout the large restaurant. She stomped closer to their table and looked between the couple.

Adam’s tolerance of this female was growing smaller by the minute, Stacy could tell by the look on his face and by the way he was clenching his fists.

“You’re marrying her?!” The way she said ‘her’ caused Stacy’s blood to boil; she seemed so appalled by the idea.

“Excuse me, I’m having a private moment right now and I do not appreciate the way you are rudely interrupting.” Adam spoke softly but harshly to the brunette.

“I’m just surprised!” Casey said, crossing her arms over her chest, pushing her breasts up in the process. “You always said you didn’t believe in marriage so I never thought you’d actually settle down!”

“Well you shouldn’t be surprised; you have no reason or right to pass judgment being that you don’t know either of us.” Adam continued to stick up for Stacy, “If you can’t act professional then I’m going to ask for a new server and speak with your manager.”

“I apologize,” Casey quickly tried to recover from her outburst, looking over at Stacy and then back at Adam. “Congratulations, to both of you.” She smiled and then quickly retreated from the table.

“Good lord, who does something like that?” Adam asked, surprised at such an outburst.
Stacy shrugged, looking across the restaurant as Casey whispered something to another female server, glaring at Stacy.

Moments later their food was delivered by another server, “Is there anything else I can get you at this moment?”

“I’d like another glass of wine please,” Stacy commented as she placed her napkin in her lap.

“Absolutely Miss,” The male server nodded and then left the table.

“This looks amazing,” Adam said as he looked at both of their plates.

“Yes it does,” Stacy agreed, smiling at him. “Thanks for sticking up for me, I know it’s not easy to be harsh with your fans.”

“It’s not, but you don’t deserve that kind of treatment,” Adam picked up his fork and knife, “You’re the most amazing woman I’ve ever met and you deserve nothing but the best in life, anyone who suggests otherwise deserves to be put in their place.”

Stacy just smiled broadly at him before they began to dig into their meals.

“Another glass of wine?” Casey asked, about to set it on the table before she deliberately made it look like she lost her balance and dumped the entire glass of red wine all over Stacy’s white dress.

Stacy let out a shriek as she pushed back from the table and looked down at her now saturated dress. Her jaw had dropped open and her eyes went wide. She looked from Casey to Adam and then back down at her dress.

“Oh no! I’m so clumsy!” Casey smirked, handing Stacy a napkin.

Stacy grabbed it from her hand and gave the girl a dirty look, “That was no accident,” She scowled.

Seeing the whole thing occur, a manager rushed over, offering to help Stacy. “I apologize on behalf of my employee Miss, is there anything we can do for you?” He gave Casey a dirty look, stepping in front of her.

Stacy just shook her head, frustrated at the fact that people chose to hate her without even getting to know her all because she was dating a celebrity they found attractive.

“Sir, my fiancé and I are trying to enjoy a nice meal but this employee seems to be lacking professional boundaries.” Adam took over, speaking up for Stacy. “She has been rude, interruptive, and has overstepped her bounds on multiple occasions. The wine that was just spilt was done so on purpose and I’m not going to tolerate this kind of treatment.”

“I apologize, Mr. Levine, there will be consequences, I assure you.” The manager said, hoping to smooth things over. “May we pack up your dinner and deliver it to your private hut?”

“I think that would be best,” Adam pushed his chair out and stood, offering his hand to Stacy. She threw her napkin down on the table and took his hand.

“Dinner is on us tonight, I apologize for any inconvenience my staff may have caused you tonight. I will ensure that they make fresh meals for you both and have another employee deliver them to you at once.” The manager assured them that he would take care of everything so Stacy and Adam quickly exited the restaurant.

“I think the fans have hit an all-time low with that one,” Adam commented as they made the short walk back to their hut.

Stacy just nodded; she kept silent, lost in her own thoughts.

“I’m sorry Stac, I didn’t realize someone could be so jealous over someone they don’t even know.” He slipped his arm around her waist as they walked, pulling her closer to him. He kissed the side of her head softly, looking down at her. “Are you okay?”

She nodded again, looking up at him. “I’m fine; I just don’t understand how people can be so hateful and jealous when they don’t even know you! Or me for that matter, it’s just silly!”

“I agree, that’s one thing I’ve never understood about being in the lime light.” Adam shook his head, “People always seem to think they know you and that they’ve got a shot with you. She probably viewed you as a threat, like you were ruining her chances with me.” Adam laughed softly, “Little does she knew, she never had a chance to begin with.”

Stacy laughed too, even though she had been with Adam for so long she still couldn’t get used to all of the attention Adam received everywhere he went. She hoped that someday she would become prone to it all. One thing she was sure of was that he was worth it. No matter what kinds of things she went through with the fans and the paparazzi, she was glad to know that she would have him by her side during it all.

“I love you,” She said as they reached their hut. “Thank you for always being there for me and sticking up for me.”

“I’ll always protect you sweetheart,” Adam said softly, smiling at her as he leaned in and gently placed his lips against hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who has been reading and leaving feedback! I love hearing from you guys! Let me know what you think of chapter 12! :)