Status: Completed. Season 1 started. Check it out.

Dysfunctional Team: Pilot

Complex Terms PT 2

Dead End looked on at the conversation between Onslaught and Megatron with a uninterested look. Megatron was please at the fact that Shockwave was alright, but was glaring at Starscream for his incompetence. Starscream wasn't paying attention to him or to the conversation. He must've still been mad over Thundercracker's demise. Onslaught still had his calm face as he talk to Megatron, which was good, considering most people who talk to Megatron at least looked nervous. Honestly, the whole conversation was going good.

Than Swindle walked in…

"Hey lord Megatron," Swindle said, in his ever so casual tone, "got some news for you."

"What?" Megatron asked in his ever so impatient tone.

"Shockwave is coming with me on my hunt for the people who killed Thundercracker," Swindle said, completely calm and casual. Megatron, on the other hand, looked surprise.

"And just how did you manage to convince Shockwave to go with you? Shockwave hasn't left Cybertron even after it died 70 million years ago."

"Simple. I convince that the best way to find solutions to returning Cybertron to its normal state was to look at other planets. Since it's really hard to explore other planets from a dead world, I convince him that flying with me would be the best way to find a solution for Cybertron," Swindle said, saying a mouth full. Megatron looked at him oddly before returning to his normal scowling visage.

"Alright, you gave why Shockwave would go with you, but why do you want him? I highly doubt you're doing this out of the bottom of your spark," Megatron asked.

"Simple. I need a scientist, just in case I need one for my trip. You never know what you're going to fine so I tried to prepare myself for everything." Swindle explained.

"Alright. You made your point. When exactly are you leaving for your mission?" Megatron asked.

"Probably tomorrow. I've got to make room in my ship for everyone else before we leave and make a place good enough for a lab for Shockwave. Which reminds me, Onslaught, can I use some of your Vehicons? I need them to move stuff around on the ship." Swindle asked.

"Sure. Dead End will you to the lounge area where they're probably some resting."

"You have a lounge?" Swindle asked.

"It's to increase morale around here." And to slack off and waste the day away if things got boring. "Dead End, lead Swindle to the lounge." Dead End merely nodded his head and signal to Swindle to follow him. Swindle followed him out of the room without a word, leaving Onslaught with Megatron.

The two walk through the hallway silently. Swindle really didn't want to talk with a guy who was mostly pessimistic and Dead End was brooding to himself. The two were just fine to leave it at silence, so they just strolled through the hallways.

Unfortunately for them, they run into Misfire.

"Hey, Dead End! Who's that?" Misfire yelled, walking towards them. Dead End and Swindle kept walking.

"This is Swindle. He's the captain of the ship we're flying on," Dead End said.

"Oh, really?" Misfire said, catching up to them. Swindle responded to him.

"Yes, really. It's outside if you want to see it, but no going inside until we leave unless I'm with you."

"Why?"

"Because, knowing you, you'll find some way to damage it and hurt the resale value of it. You know what? Don't even carry a gun in shooting distance of the ship, either. I don't want to buff out any scorch marks on it."

"Oh, okay," Misfire said, keeping quiet for a little bit. "Said," now he was speaking again, "where are you guys going."

"To the lounge," Dead End answered. Misfire momentarily stopped in step before walking again.

"We have a lounge?" Misfire asked.

"That's what I said," Swindle said.

"Yes, we have a lounge," Dead End answer. "If you look at the map we put into your berthing room, you would know that."

"We have a map, too?" Misfire asked yet another question.

"Yes," Dead End said, sounding exhausted. Talking to Misfire was frustrating. "If you weren't hop up all drugs on the time, you would know that."

"You should try some, Deady. You're always walking around with either a sad face or a bored face. Come on, I've got things that will liven you up a bit."

"No," Dead End replied swiftly.

"Come on. You need some. I'll even make some myself," Misfire said, really wanting to make Dead End happy. Before Dead End could reply, Swindle asked a question.

"You can make drugs?" Swindle asked. That was very interesting to him.

"Yeah, and not just the illegal stuff. I can also make stuff like painkillers and sedatives. You know, medicine." Look like Misfire could be useful for something.

"Where did you find the time to learn how to make them?" Swindle asked.

"Mixmaster, taught me. His reason was, and I quote, 'so you will stop bothering me about the next hit.'"

"Well than, Misfire. I got a idea. I got a lab on the ship that you could use." Swindle said.

"Really? Nice."

"But, there's a catch."

"Aw, come on," Misfire groaned, sounding like a child.

"I only have one lab on the ship…"

"And, so what. You don't have any more scientist on the ship, right?"

"You haven't heard? Shockwave coming on the trip and you're going to have to share the lab with him."

"What, really? Oh, slag me."

"I hate to interrupt," Dead End said, "but we're at the lounge." Turns out, he was correct. The door was open which let them look into the blue room. The room was well lit and several of the Vehicons were lounging about, idly talking to each other. The group head to a group of 8 Vehicons. Dead End opened up the conversation.

"Excuse me; I need all of you to come with us. We're organizing a ship and we're going to need a extra set of hands to move stuff around." The Vehicons look at each other before they all got up. With that, they all walked to the exit, except Misfire.

"Hey, Misfire. You're coming," Swindle asked.

"Nah, I'm think I'm just going to stay here," Misfire said in a depressing tone.

"Alright," Swindle said, and walked out of the room along with Dead End and the Vehicons. Misfire stood still, thinking about working in the same lab with Shockwave. He's heard rumors about him. Rumors that would make any Con leak a little. Misfire took all this in bravely and said a single phrase that tell how he was.

"I'm screw."