Status: Completed. Season 1 started. Check it out.

Dysfunctional Team: Pilot

Departure PT 2

Scavenger was in Mixmaster's room with him and Hook, nursing a headache. It was not because of that voice that annoyed him so much, it was not because of Skywarp bashing his head in, and it was not because of that gash he got from hitting that table.

It was because of Hook berating him. Loudly.

"Do you know how idiotic that was?! Yeah, Skywarp is a aft, but still, he is infinitely better than you in combat! Starting a fight with him was asking for trouble."

"He was still offline when I punched him. I didn't mean to start a fight," Scavenger explained.

"Oh, so you punch him while he was offline? Yes, that's definitely better. Punch a helpless person who had just watch his trinemate die and had been seriously injure in the same explosion that killed his trinemate!" Hook exclaimed sarcastically.

"Wait, what!? What do you mean by that!?" Scavenger asked. He didn't hear about that part.

"Oh, didn't you. Onslaught announced to all the medics. Oh, wait. I forgot. You were busy chatting up with the corpses in the morgue. Since you weren't there, allowed me to explained: Thundercracker got blown to smithereens by the same bomb that hit Skywarp. Unfortunately for him, he didn't end up as lucky as Skywarp. He was completely rip apart by the bomb, cutting him apart into several pieces," Hook said, ending his explanation, leaving Scavenger to think that over. Scavenger, almost immediately, replied.

"I'd fragged up, big time."

"Wouldn't be the first time," Hook said venomously.

"What can I do? I mean, I just can't walk up to him and apologize. He'll rip me apart!"

"We'll figure something out, later. We got a mission and Skywarp's not coming with us, so you'll be fine."

"Are you two done?" Mixmaster asked. The two looked at him before Hook answered.

"Yes, I think we are."

"Good, because you two are annoying." They both didn't look too amused by that statement. "Look, this is a mission against a dangerous individual. You two need to work together instead of constantly fighting. Well, mostly Hook needs to stop fighting." Hook continued to look not amused.

"I don't need advice from a junkie. I got everything under control." Hook said, poking at Mixmaster's addiction problems. It was Mixmaster turn to be not amused.

"Hey, I've been trying to quit."

"But you always crawl back to it." Hook said, lashing out.

"It's not my fault!"

"Yes it is!"

"Both of you shut up!" Scavenger yelled at them. Both of them looked at Scavenger, surprised. Scavenger wasn't one to get angry. "Honestly, when did we get like this."

"I can name one specific person responsible," Mixmaster said, looking at Hook. Hook, obviously getting what he was implying, barked back.

"It wasn't my fault. It was Scrapper's fault. If he had just step down, this wouldn't had happen."

"He didn't need to step down. You just got a ego that's too hard to please."

Scavenger had enough of the two. He got off the bed and out the doorway, without the two noticing, right into Swindle. "Oh, hey Swindle," Scavenger said, timidly.

"Scavenger, great. I'd been wondering where you were. I'm guessing one of the voices in the room arguing is Hook, right."

"Yeah, Hook and Mixmaster."

"I'd tried looking for you in the Med-lab, accidentally ran into Flatline's personal testing room." Swindle shiver at that. "Don't go in there. That room easily cracks the top 20 creepiest places I've been too. Maybe even the top 10. Didn't know protoforms could be experimented on like that. Anyway, report to the ship. We should be leaving in half a megacycle. Dead End and Shockwave are already on the ship and the others should be there soon I'll go inform Hook for you."

"Yeah, that be fine."

"Oh, I don't know if you be inform yet, but Skywarp's coming on the mission." Scavenger's spark sink at that comment.

"R-r-really?" he barely managed to stutter out. The seeker whose face he beat in was going on the mission with him?

"Yep." Primus really hated him. "Look, I know you two have some problems with each other, but I'm sure we can leave that behind us, right?" Swindle asked.

"Maybe," Scavenger replied, really thinking that Skywarp was going to tear him apart. Swindle, for his part, could easily see he was lying.

"Hey, don't worry. I gave him specific orders not to attack you." Swindle said, lying without changing a tune.

"Really?"

"Yes, but I advise not going near him, all the same. Skywarp has a history for disobeying orders." Swindle said. Scavenger silently thought that through.

"Yeah, I guess I should that. Thanks for that."

"You're welcome." Swindle said. Sounds of violence erupted from the other room. Sounded like Hook and Mixmaster came to blows. "Great, just what I needed. Head to the ship, I'll keep your gestalt from killing each other and get Hook to the ship."

"Alright," Scavenger said, walking away from the room, accidentally bumping onto Misfire along the way.

"Hey, watch it!" Misfire yelled.

"Sorry," Scavenger replied and went on his way, leaving Misfire. Misfire looked at the constructicon before heading towards Mixmaster's where Swindle was just about to enter. Before entering, Swindle noticed Misfire.

"What are you here for?" Swindle asked.

"I came to talk to Mixmaster before we left."

"Yeah, well he's a bit busy at the moment."

"Is he?"

"He and Hook got in a fight. I'm about to break it up. Want to help?"

"They're fighting again?"

"This isn't the first?"

"Not by a long shot. Alright I'll help." Misfire said. Swindle nodded his head before opening the door to see how the fight was turning out. Right now, it wasn't looking good for Hook. Mixmaster was using his larger build to keep Hook back and grapple him when he could. Right now, Mixmaster had Hook and the ground with his arms behind the back and his foot on his back, keeping him secure. Hook was squirming under his grasp, trying to get out. Look like there won't be much intervention involve. "This is how they usually end up," Misfire quip.

"Well, I was expecting something much worse," Swindle said. "Mixmaster completely curb-stomp him."

"Will you two help me get this brute off me!?" Hook shouted at them. The two looked at each other.

"Mixmaster," Swindle began "as entertaining as this is, could you let him go. We need him." Mixmaster looked at the two before letting go. Hook immediately got up and walked away, staring daggers at Mixmaster. He approach Swindle and asked a question.

"What do you need?" he asked.

"We're about to leave. I need you to head to the ship and get ready."

"Alright," Hook said, before walking past the two and towards the ship. Swindle looked at him go before saying to Misfire:

"Make this talk quick, alright."

"You got it," Misfire said. Swindle nod his head and head off in the same direction as Hook, leaving Misfire and Mixmaster alone. "So, you and Hook got at it again," Misfire said, walking towards Mixmaster.

"Yeah. Don't worry. Hook didn't even scratch my paint job."

"Yeah. In a one-on-one fist fight, he really not that good. Especially compare to me," he said pumping his arm out in a embarrassing way.

"Yes, you are truly an imposing figure in close-combat. Now tell me: what do you want? "

"I just came to say good-bye and maybe shared one last hit with you." Mixmaster sigh at that sentence.

"Sorry, Misfire. I'm going to have to refuse. I've been trying to quit."

"Yeah, where's the stuff…. Say that again. I don't think I heard you correctly."

"I'm quitting, or at least I'm trying. Been clean for the last couple of deca-cycles. Sorry."

"Ah…" Misfire was silent at that. HE hadn't talk to Mixmaster in a while, so he really had no idea about this. "Why?" he asked.

"I've spent nearly this whole war on drugs. Now that we're nearing the end of this war, I thought I could try and change some bad habits."

"Yeah, okay, but why are stopping this good stuff we got going on?"

"Scrapper won't take me back until I stop taking this stuff. Once I get clean and join Scrapper, I figure that Hook will join up with us and we can be together again. I hope he'll listen to the majority instead of satisfying his ego."

"Ah, well, that sucks."

"Sorry, Misfire, but the Constructicons have got to be whole again. Being separated, well…. Let's just say it hasn't been good on the mind. You've seen what's happen to Scavenger, right?"

"Yeah, I've had."

"I'm doing this for the suck of the group, not for myself. I need to stop self-indulging myself and help the others. Do you understand?" Misfire stared at him mutely before answering.

"Yeah, I understand," he said, quietly.

"Good, than can you do me a favor?"

"What?" Mixmaster walk over to a corner of a room and took a big box. He walk over and hand it to Misfire. Compare to him, it was about half the size of his chest.

"That's the rest of the drugs I have, mostly syk. Do whatever you want to it. I don't care whether you use it or dispose of it, just as long as it's gone."

"You got it, Mix."

"Thank you, Misfire. Now, I believe you have a ship to get to."

"Oh, frag. You're right. Gotta go. Good luck with things here."

"Good luck to you too." Misfire walked out of the purple room into the beige hallways, heading down the same path the others went. While walking through the hallways, he silently considered what to do with the drugs. It didn't take long for him to decide what to do with them.

Find a nice room and use those babies.