Summerland

“Sunset arrived at eight. And so did the end of the world.”

The end of the world was destined to happen on 12/21/12 – and as the entire universe now knows, the day came and went without so much as a crash or a cry.

But what if the Mayans just got their dates a little…mixed up?

Exactly six months later, on June 21st 2013, doomsday finally arrives; and it’s far from pretty. After a deadly strain of virus sweeps through America, turning every living thing into a cannibalistic zombie, eighteen year old Feather Whitelaw finds herself running for her life - literally.

When her little sister Luna is kidnapped by a sinister cult of shadow people known only as The Fades, Feather – along with Jace; the mysterious green eyed boy she meets right after the end has begun - must battle across the eerie dystopia the USA has now become, and get Luna back before it’s too late.

Along the way they encounter a series of strange and surreal events that can only come with the end of the world, including picking up the President as a hitchhiker; watching the fireworks under the stars at a zombiefied version of Disneyland; piloting a stolen aircraft whilst being chased by machete wielding psychopaths; and accidentally killing Ke$ha after mistaking her for one of the undead.