Thick and Thin

Chapter Ten

Electra’s p.o.v

“Seriously Electra.” Matt complained through the door.

“What?” I asked innocently as I finished doing my make-up.

“All you are doing is putting on make-up, why won’t you let me in?”

“Because I don’t want to?”

“Why not? Did I piss you off?”

“No Matt, it’s just I wanted some privacy.”

“Baby.”

“Quit whining.”

“Fine.”

“Thank you.”

“Uh-huh.”

I laughed and continued working on my make-up. I had locked Matt out of the bathroom in the hotel room. We were going out again that night. Matt and I weren’t going to do any drinking though. We did have a show soon, so no booze for us.

“Are you done yet?” Matt asked from outside the door.

“No. Just wait. It won’t kill ya you know? And if you are tired of standing by the door then here is an idea, MOVE!” I responded.

“You are so mean!”

“That’s why you love me.” Silence.

“Oh yay! I’m right!” I happily exclaimed. Not even a laugh.

“Matt?” I asked as I finished. Nothing. I was starting to get a little freaked out. He always answers. Now he wasn’t. I put my make-up back in my bag and zipped the bag closed. I left it on the counter and unlocked the door. I opened it and walked out side. Someone picked me up as soon as I did, causing me to almost scream. I slapped Matt, who was laughing his ass off, when he sat me down.

“I hate you.” I snarled walking over to the window.

“Electra don’t be mad.” He sighed.

He came up and wrapped his arms around me.

“Go away.” I pouted. He kissed me and a smile formed on my lips as he kissed me.

“You still mad?” He asked when he pulled away.

“I never was.” I laughed slipping from his grip.

“Ass.” He complained.

“Let’s go.” I heard from the door. Down stairs I dragged Matt to once again dance. As soon as we got back to the where everyone else was I sensed that something bad was about to happen. I didn’t know what, but something bad was going to happen. That was for sure. I didn’t want anything bad to happen, but it was.

“Matt can I talk to you outside?” Brock asked standing up.

“Yeah” Matt answered standing up. They walked away and I followed them. Brock led Matt into the tour bus.

“I told you to stay away from my sister!” Brock snarled.

“Brock here is the thing! She is older than you and besides that it is her choice not yours!”

“You don’t know what she is!”

“You wanna bet on that? I know that you don’t believe me, but I do know. And I don’t care. I love her!”

“No you don’t”

“Yes I do.”

“Stay away from her!” Brock punched Matt, and that’s when all hell broke loose.

It was a blur of punching. Neither of them were winning because Matt was strong and could hold his own, but Brock was a vampire. I watched from my hiding spot until I was in tears. When I ran out in between them Matt dropped everything and looked at me. He pulled me closer to him.

“Ha ha.” Brock laughed as his fangs grew. I pushed Matt away and lunged at Brock. I pushed him against the wall.

“Bite him and I will kill you.” I growled. Brock shook as my fangs grew.

“Do you really love him? Does he love you?” Brock asked.

“Yes” I snarled.

I let Brock go and went over to Matt.

“Are you okay?” I asked as my fangs returned to normal size.

“Yeah I’m fine. Are you okay?” He asked, he was concerned about me. I could tell it in his eyes. I was more worried about him. I wasn’t hurt or anything.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.” I told him as tears ran down my cheeks.

“Too bad.” He laughed as he wiped them away. I smiled and stopped crying once I knew he was okay. I wrapped my arms around him.

“Electra?” Brock’s voice asked.

“What?” I responded as Matt sat down and pulled me onto his lap.

“Were you crying because you were afraid of losing him?”

“No. Of course I was you idiot.”

“Wow you really do love him.”

“No shit.”

Brock stayed silent for several minutes as I made sure Matt was okay. If Brock wasn’t a vampire then I know Matt could have taken him. I was guessing Brock was ashamed of what he had done. And he should be.

“Electra, I’m fine.” Matt laughed.

“Okay” I responded realizing that he was.

“Matt I’m sorry. Man I screwed up.” Brock came up.

“Ah don’t worry about it, she’s your sister, you just want to keep her safe.” Matt told him.

“Yeah. I don’t know what I would do if anything ever happened to her.”

“First off I’m the one who always has to save your ass so just shut up!” I came up.

After Brock left Matt and I decided to go up to the hotel room. It had been a long day.

Matt’s p.o.v
“I’m gonna go change into my pajamas and get this make-up off.” Electra told me when we got back.

“Okay” I responded sitting down on my bed. She went into the bathroom and closed the door. I reached for the t.v. remote. There was nothing on to watch. I listened to what Electra was doing. I heard the water come on. A few minutes later she appeared.

“Better?” I asked.

“Much.” She answered throwing what she had been wearing into her bag and closing it up. She came over and sat down by me. I leaned over and kissed her.

“I love you” She whispered.

“I love you too.” I responded.

“Are you sure you are okay? I mean it’s not that I think you are weak, if Brock wasn’t a vampire then you could total take him, but.” I put my finger to her lips.

“I’m fine. I just want to make sure you are.”

“Matt I’m fine. I’m stronger than Brock.”

“But he’s older than you.”

“I got bored when we were teenagers. I practiced my skills and it made me stronger and more powerful than him.” She sunk down and wrapped her arms around my stomach.

“I knew there was something special about you.” She smiled up at me, and I realized something at that very moment. And it was only a matter of time. I thought about saying something right then, but I changed my mind. I wrapped my arms around her. It would have to do for now. It was too soon. But I couldn’t lose her, ever.