Thick and Thin

Chapter Thirty-two

Electra's p.o.v

Matt and I stood in the same place where the ceremony was. We were waiting for Loren to show up. I just wanted Loren to show up so we could get this over with. I just hope it works. I'm sick and tired of having him keep showing up.

"You okay?" Matt's voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"Yeah. I just hope that this works."

"I'm sure it will babe." I felt him wrap his arm around my shoulder.

"Well will you look at this." Loren's voice was slimy and cold. Like he was a snake. Which in a way he was. Matt had asked what had happened between us last night, but I told him I didn't want to talk about it. I really just wanted to get this over with and forget that Loren even exists.

"Well you showed up. For once." I spat.

"Will you let that go?"

"Whatever. I asked you to meet us here so you could see something."

"And what is that?"

"Just watch." I saw Matt pull the pocket knife out of his pocket and flip it open. He ran it over his skin where he usually did. The thin line of blood appeared, and the smell drew me closer to Matt and his blood. I licked the thin line of blood up.

More blood seeped out of the small cut, and I drank that as well. One full blooded vampire, one half bred vampire, and one human all in one room. With blood. It was just a normal vampire reaction to be drawn to blood. That kind of worried me.

I knew that Loren would be able to smell Matt's blood. But maybe it wouldn't have any reaction on him since Matt and I had a bond. I hoped not.

"Will you stop?!" He yelled, making me bring my head away from where Matt's blood was oozing out. I probably had that deer-in-the-headlights look on my face. I hadn't been expecting him to say anything. I was concentrating on Matt's blood.

"Huh?" I asked, realizing what had just happened.

"I get it okay? You want me to leave you alone! Fine! But when you get tired of him and his blood, give me a call. But I'm done hanging around." He turned and walked out of the room. I watched as the door closed.

It actually worked, wow.

"Are you okay?" Matt's voice snapped me back.

"Yeah, I'm just happy it worked."

"So am I."

"Was it really that easy?"

"I think it was."

"Finally!" A smile appeared on Matt's face. I think it was taking us both some time to fully comprehend the fact that Brock was supposed to leave us alone, and that Loren was going to leave us alone. Finally.

Then there was the fact that I didn't have to worry about hiding my secret because Matt already knew. Now it all hit me at once, it was over now. Everything was over. I wouldn't have to worry about either of them showing up or anything like that. Unless they changed their minds. But for some odd reason I doubt that will happen.

Matt and I hung out around the school that day, then finally got back to our room. I looked through my bag, trying to find the teeth cleaner. It also helped make sure they were still completely shaped right. I found it and pulled it out of my bag.

"What's that?" Matt asked pointing to it.

"It's my teeth cleaner. It cleans my fangs and makes sure that they are still shaped perfectly." I answered opening my mouth and placing the tray on my teeth. I hissed and my fangs grew. I kept them long and in the tray for several minutes.

I let the shrink down in size again and then removed the tray. I washed it out, then put it back in my bag. That night no matter how hard I tried to go to sleep I just couldn't sleep. So I did the only thing I could think of. "Sheba? Night?" I called out in my head.

"What?" Night sounded half asleep.

"Oh shut up. Quit being mad because she woke you up." Sheba's voice said.

"What are you guys doing?"

"I was sleeping." Night answered.

"I'm watching the neighbors poodle through the window of their house." Sheba answered. I was trying not to laugh.

"Go back to bed night."

"Thank you Electra!"

"You shouldn't have let him you know? So how's your toy?"

"For the last damn time Sheba, Matt isn't a toy. Damn it! We are engaged, he is NOT a toy! Will you stop that?!"

"Okay, okay, don't be a cat."

"Don't be a cat?"

"Don't be a cat. Don't get so mad."

"Okay, I'm not mad anymore. Just stop calling him a toy will you?"

"Fine. Loser."

"Remember who the owner is here."

"Shit."

"Watch your language Sheba!"

"Oh it's not like you don't say it."

"But"

"Not buts."

"I am still your owner Sheba."

"Is that poodle who lives next door a he?"

"If it is, sorry girl, you are too big for him."

"Damn it. Well go to bed. It's late, and I'm going to sleep. Good night."

"Night girl." My mind went silent, and I had to try really hard not to laugh. It was really hard not to randomly burst out laughing at what just happened.

Matt's p.o.v

The week had passed so Electra and I are now on our way home.

"So did that trip completely bore you?" She asked me.

"Not at all. It was actually fun."

"Sweet. So the band and I are going to try and get back in the studio soon."

"That's awesome! We'll probably be going back to record a new album soon."

"Sweet! I can't wait to hear what you guys write!"

"Thanks. So the whole band likes having Mary as you guys' guitarist huh?"

"Yeah. She's really cool. And well Syn really cares for her."

"No kidding on that one. So how are your gifts working out?"

"Great. I'm getting good at talking to my dogs. That is kind of scary."

"But cool. How many people can actually say they know what dogs think."

"Very good point. But can you really call me a person? I'm half vampire, remember?"

"I don't forget that."

"I know. But sometimes I feel like I'm a blood sucking monster."

"Electra you aren't a monster. Stop thinking that about yourself."

"I know. Most times I don't, just every now and then."

"You are special."

"You and my mom are always telling me that."

"Well you are the first half-bred to develop a gift."

"I know that."

"And I can honestly say that I get to marry the first half-bred vampire with a gift."

"You are funny."

"Well I try."

"Matt!"

"What?"

"Shut up."

"Fine. I'll shut up." I stopped talking.

"I didn't actually mean shut up like that."

"I know."

"Asshole."

"Well that's why you love me."

"Crap. I have to agree."

"I knew you would."

"So you knew one thing."

"You are so nice babe."

"Well I try."

"So now you are copying me huh?"

"That's kind of the plan."

"Cool."

"Oh brother."

"Uh I'm not your brother." She laughed and I smiled at her. She smiled back without taking her eyes off the road.

"I'm glad that all the crap with those two should finally be over."

"So am I. I love you."

"I love you too."