Sequel: Focus on Family
Status: Finished!

Eat.

10;

After I left Brian’s house and got the stench of his morning breath out of my nose, I drove home to get ready to see Jimmy’s baby. But as I was driving, I couldn’t help but to think about the dream, so Brian called it. It was too real, what I felt was real, and the way he kissed me...it felt real. I shook my head and parked my car in front of my house, sitting there for what felt like hours. It wasn’t until Joe opened the front door and looked at me in concern. Sighing, I gave him a weak smile and climbed out of the car.

“Brian called me last night.” Joe yelled from across the yard

“Yeah?”

“Said you two were studying so hard that you passed out.”

I smiled and walked into the house, following him in the kitchen and taking a seat on the stool, “What else did he say?”

“That’s about it. Were you really studying?”

I raised an eyebrow, “What?”

“Were you really studying?”

“Of course we were studying. What else would we be doing?”

Joe shrugged, “Dunno. Maybe you and Brian just happened to admit-”

“What?” I blinked, “Brian and I aren’t...a thing. We aren’t anything, he’s my best friend.”

He mumbled something while he took a sip of his coffee, when I asked him to repeat what he said, he only shrugged and took another sip of his coffee, “Breakfast?”

“I already ate at his house.”

“Did you?”

“Mmmhmm.” I mumbled, making my way up the stairs.

x-x

Monday couldn’t have come sooner.The whole weekend, Joe looked at me as if he were trying to crack me, trying to make me tell the truth. But what I had told him was the truth, at least, I trusted Brian that it was the truth. I knew he would never lie to me about something as big as me kissing him.

But then I thought, what if it wasn’t a dream? What if I really kissed him? What if I actually talked to my Mom that night? What if? What if? What if?

“Miss Parker!”

I was pulled out of my thoughts and pulled back into English class, looking back at Mrs Monroe with attentive eyes.

“Are you feeling alright, Ellie?” She asked me.

I nodded and gave her a smile, “Yes. Sorry.”

“Alright.” She nodded back, going back to her lesson on Parallelism.

When the class finally ended, I walked to the library for lunch. It seemed only logical, why be in a room where people eat when you can’t, or rather won’t, eat for yourself? Opening the doors to the library, I walked to the nearest table and pulled out a notebook, where I sat down and drew for the remainder of lunch. Thinking that I would not be interrupted, I crossed my legs and began doodling little pictures of my friends. Little did I know, someone came in and dropped their things next to mine. I rolled my eyes and smiled when I saw the familiar pair of brown eyes staring at me.

“Hey there, gorgeous.” Brian grinned.

“What do you want?”

“I wanted to know why you were here. Only nerds spend their time in the library.”

“Did you ever stop to think that your best friend might be a nerd?”

“I had my speculations when I saw you reading Lord of The Rings.”

“Good book.” I mumbled.

“Yeah, for dweebs.” He snorted, “What’re you doing?”

“Doodling. Obviously.”

“Is that Matt?”

I giggled, “Yeah.”

“He looks like a ham.”

“So does your head but I still love you.”

“Speaking of ham,” He started, “I could go for some right about now. Coming with?”

“Ah, no.” I smiled, “Have fun with your ham.”

“Why won’t you come?”

“Because I’m not going to watch you eat a ham sandwich.”

“You don’t have to watch. You could eat one too, you know.”

“Not in the mood for ham, thank you.”

“Turkey?”

“Nope.”

“Anything?”

“Nope. I had a big breakfast.”

“You know,” Brian took a deep breath, “Somewhere, deep in the crevice of my heart, I know that is absolute and complete bullshit. Actually no, I know it’s complete and utter bullshit.”

“I’m sorry?”

“You heard me, Ellie.” He sighed, getting up from his chair and grabbing his bag, walking towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow okay two updates in a day, we're getting places people, we're getting places.

i'd like to thank my nap, Mumford & Sons, and laptop for getting me through this chapter.

short as hell but it took me eight hours to write hA

how sad

anyway, enjoy the rare occurrence where I update twice a day