Sequel: Focus on Family
Status: Finished!

Eat.

7;

Breakfast went well despite everything Ellie had told me what her douchebag boyfriend did. Turns out he insulted her, pretty bad too might I add and all I want to do is stuff his head into a fucking microwave and watch it explode. But I better not, I wasn’t going to hurt him for Elizabeth’s sake but you bet your ass that when she finally realizes what that motherfucker really does to her, I’m going to beat him up so bad that he will press charges this time. I promise. I sighed as I watched as my best friend began to play with McKenna in the grass, chasing after her pretending as if she was going to eat my baby sister in the act. I laughed and leaned against my elbow as I watched her thin figure chase the toddler around the green plain. I frowned when I saw her hip bone jut out of her jeans.

I wasn’t an idiot.

I knew it’s been awhile since she’s eaten. But what was I going to do? I couldn’t tell her I knew because who knew what she would do. She’d probably go on a McDonalds and go on a complete eating binge just to prove that she’s fine. There had to be a way to help her, but how can I help her without showing her that I know anything? The first step was to get that asshole of a boyfriend out of the picture. Something that would make her break up with him considering that if he broke up with her, I wouldn’t hear the end of it. Plus, how am I going to win her over if she’s too busy crying over him? No, she had to break up with him but the question was, how? I pulled out my phone and called Matt.

“Sup?”

“What are you doing later?”

“Cleaning probably, why?”

“Cancel that.”

“I can’t just cancel cleaning, Brian. My mom said so.”

“Well postpone it.”

“You really don’t get it, don’t you?”

“Dude it’s important.”

“What’s so important about it?”

“It’s a meeting.”

“Meeting about what?”

“Ellie.”

“What about her?”

“I can’t talk about it right now.”

“Dude, you’re being really creepy about it. Why don’t you just be a man and tell her how you feel?”

“That’s not what the meeting is about!”

“Sure it isn’t.”

“Look, just call everyone and tell them it’s really important.”

“Alright, dude. Whatever you need.”

“Thank you.”

“Desperate.” He laughed before hanging up

“I’m not-!” I groaned and fell back on the grass

“Who was that?” Ellie asked as she sat next to me with a tired McKenna in her lap.

“My dad. Just wondering when I would be coming home with Mac and what not.”

“We can go now, if you want. I think she’s tired out.” She laughed, referring to the sleeping toddler in her arms

“Yeah we better, I got something to do later.” I sighed, getting up from the grass and taking my sister from her arms as I helped Ellie up.

When I dropped Ellie off at her house and then McKenna at mine I went to the spot to meet the guys. I frowned as I walked in bushes and shrubs when I saw that Jimmy wasn’t present, what the hell was I going to do without my right hand man?
“Where’s Jim?”

“Regular check up with Dalia.” Zack responded, lighting up his cigarette with the match Johnny had handed him

“Cool.”

“Alright dude, what the hell was so important that I had to get chewed out by my mom?” Matt sighed

“Ellie.”

“What about her? Did you get curved?” Johnny laughed

“No, I didn’t. She’s not eating.”

“How do you know that?” Zacky asked as he threw the box of cigarettes towards me

“For one,” I put the cigarette on my lips as I lit it up, “She’s looking thinner than possible.”

“So? Maybe she’s just on a diet or something?” Johnny pointed out

“Don’t be retarded, short shit.” I rolled my eyes, “Two, when Joe invited me over for dinner on Christmas, she didn’t eat anything.”

“So?” Matt pressed

“Who the hell doesn’t pig out on Christmas dinner?!”

“Okay and what else?”

“She didn’t eat breakfast today.”

“Maybe she already ate?”

“No way dude,” I blow out the smoke, “I know Elizabeth, she doesn’t wake up unless it’s past eleven thirty on Winter Break.”

“I’m gonna have to side with Brian here, guys.” Zacky starts, “She has been iffy lately, and when we went to the movie theater it looked like she didn’t eat anything but a few pieces of popcorn. And then at lunch after she came with that shiner, she didn’t eat anything at all.”

“See?!” I pointed, “Someone with intellect!”

“But,” Zack spoke, “Even if she wasn’t eating, what the hell were you planning to do about it anyway?”

“It all has to do with that fucking piece of shit boyfriend of hers!”

“Are you sure you just don’t have the green monster inside of you or whatever it is?” Matt asked

“Dude, I’m there everyday with her, all he calls her is piggy, chubs, and other stupid bullshit.”

“So what are you going to do about it?”

“We need to figure out how to make her realize he’s a piece of shit.”

“Dude, the guy made out with Jimmy’s girl and if that wasn’t enough, he socked her in the eye. She’s stubborn, what the hell are you going to do?” Johnny asked

“Anything! Pay girls to have sex with him anything!”

“That’s illegal.” Matt pointed out

“Who cares?!” I yelled

Matt’s phone rang and he began to pull it out.

“Yo man, these meetings are sacred you can’t answer that!” I warned

“It’s Jimmy.”

“Fine.” I huffed

Matt rolled his eyes and flipped the phone open, “What’s up? Hey Jimmy...what? What do you mean-? It’s way to earlier-. Yeah, I know. Okay, sorry. We’ll be over in like ten minutes.”

“What’s going on?” I asked

“It’s Dalia. The little one couldn’t wait another two months.”

“What? Does that mean she’s in labor?! Right now?” Zacky panicked

“Yeah and he needs us there as soon as possible.”

“Let’s go!” Johnny urged

“Hold it, short shit. I’m your ride.” Zacky rolled his eyes, getting up from the fallen tree and following Johnny to his car

“We’ll find something to do about Mario, Brian. But until then, Jimmy needs us.”

“I understand.” I sighed, “Let’s go.”

When we got to the Dalia’s room we saw that Jimmy was sitting outside, his hands in his head. He lifted his head and revealed his watery red eyes. My heart fell to my feet and I automatically expected the worst before he smiled and threw his arms in the air.

“I’m a dad motherfuckers!”

Matt let out a sigh of relief and hugged Jimmy as he congratulated him.

“So, what is it? She or a he? Or, God forbid, both?” I joked as I hugged him back

“It’s a girl. Dude, she’s beautiful but she’s so tiny.”

“I would imagine, she’s two months early.” Johnny pointed out

“Yeah, they’re going to keep her in that incubator thing but I like to call it the toaster.”

“Great thing to say when starting up a conversation, hey man! How’s the baby?! Oh she’s great she’s in the toaster. ” Matt joked

“Hey, it is what it is.”

“What did you name her?”

“Dalia wanted to name her Hope and I wanted to call her Lucifer.”

“Did you really?”

“Hell no! My dad would strangle me, I wanted to call her Annie.”

“So what did you end up calling her anyway?”

“Emilia Anne Sullivan.”

“Nice, who came up with that?”

“I did, thank you very much!” Jimmy defended

“Where is she at?” I asked, “I want to see my little niece.”

“Come on, I’ll show you guys.”

We walked all the way to the end of the hallways and entered a room to see the tiniest baby in the biggest box I’ve ever seen.

“That’s her?” Matt asked

“That’s my baby girl.” Jimmy said proudly

“Dude, it looks just like you.” Zacky laughed

“Don’t say that in front of Dalia because she’ll get really mad.”

“How is she?” I asked

“Tired. Mad at me for getting her pregnant in the first place, but happy that she came out okay.”

“How are you guys going to take care of her when she comes out of the toaster?” Johnny asked, already picking up Jimmy’s slang

“We’re going to attempt to live with each other as friends and just take care of her. It’ll be great.”

“You do know that she’s going to want to baptize her, you know that right?”
“Yeah, I have a feeling I might burn but you know, it’s a risk I’m willing to take.” He laughed

“We’re just waiting for you and Ellie to have a kid now, Gates.” Matt smirked

“You’re real funny assholes.” I rolled my eyes and stared at the tiny baby in front of me.

What if?
♠ ♠ ♠
babies are so cute like, aw

ANYWAY;

so I'm sorry it's been yet a n o t h e r month since I've last updated but truth is I've forgotten all about this motherfricker and it wasn't until yesterday when I logged in to write a short story that I realized that I haven't updated for a while. Anyway, thank you so much for the lovely comments, I really appreciate each and every single one of them. I'm not going to give you false hope and say that I'll write more often because I'm starting school tomorrow again and well, it'll be harder but I will not stop writing this story until I finish. I just hope you guys will continue to read this mediocrity until the end. Thank you so much! :-)