Sequel: Focus on Family
Status: Finished!

Eat.

9;

Let's take a moment to get something straight. I kissed Elizabeth Parker, and I loved every damn second of it. But just because she kissed me back doesn't mean that she wants something more than a friend. The night I kissed her, she fainted as she was getting off the bed. She didn't wake up so, being the responsible eighteen year old that I was, I called Joe and explained to him that Ellie passed out on my couch from studying. Which, if you were paying attention, wasn't entirely a lie.

But going back to the situation at hand, I had choose between one and two options. One was the option I wanted, which was to tell Ellie how I felt and that I loved her more than the sun loved the moon. The second option, however, I was leaning more towards, even if it would pain me more than slitting my throat, I knew that it had to be done. The second option happened to be pretending that none of this ever happened. That it was all a dream. No matter how much I wanted to be with Ellie, no matter how much I loved her...I knew she didn't love me the way I loved her. So, I chose what any man would never dream of choosing. I let her go.

I looked down next to her, seeing her dark hair fanned behind her on my pillow. I frowned, knowing that this could easily be the hardest thing I've ever done. Placing a kiss on her forehead, I waited for her to wake up so that I could explain to her exactly what did not happen.

x-x
I woke up the next morning to a small hand slapping my face. Knowing who it was immediately, I opened my eyes to see that McKenna was sitting on my chest, slapping away at my face so that I would wake up.

"She's been doing that for about ten minutes now." Ellie said next to me, smiling.

"How nice of you to stop her." I mumbled sarcastically, stifling a yawn that was building up in my throat.

"She came up here all by herself."

"Did you?" I asked, looking at McKenna, taking her hands in mine, "Did you become a big girl overnight and climb over to see me and Ellie?"

"Ellie!" She giggled, rolling off of my chest and scooting towards her, playing with the necklace around her neck.

"How did you sleep?" I asked Ellie.

She shrugged and continued playing with Mac's fingers, "It could've been better. Hey, what...happened last night?"

This is it. I thought to myself, "What do you mean?"

"Last night. When I was here studying. What happened?"

I cleared my throat, "We did Pre-Calculus and then Chemistry and then you passed out."

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow, "Really? That's it?"

"Oh and I should also mention that a street circus came into our bedroom and performed."

"Circus!" Mac repeated happily.

"Our bedroom?" Ellie asked, an eyebrow arching as a smirk spread on her lips.

Fuck me. "Did I say our bedroom? I meant to say my bedroom."

"Why did you say ours in the first place?"

"Because what's mine is yours."

"That only works if we're married."

"You gotta admit we're technically married."

Ellie laughed, "We are not married."

"You obviously don't remember third grade."

She frowned, "We don't talk about third grade, third grade was a bad year."

"You got married to me in third grade what are you talking about!?"

"Maybe that's why third grade was so bad." She grinned.

I frowned, "Now that's just mean. As a matter of fact," I picked up McKenna from her sides and lifted her up, placing her on my stomach again, "you lose Mac privileges."

"You can't do that! She likes me!"

"Not anymore! Right Mac?"

"Right!"

"She's only saying that because she has no idea what it means."

"Not yet at least." I smirked.

Ellie rolled her eyes and rubbed them, letting out a yawn before looking at her phone, "I should go home."

"Without breakfast?"

"I'll eat at home. Per use." She sighed, getting out of my bed.

"Alright. Wait, come here."

Ellie walked back towards me, "What?"

"Come closer."

She leaned in, "okay?"

"Closer." I whispered.

"What are you planning?"

"Closer!"

By this point, Ellie's lips were ghosting above mine. I looked at her and grinned, breathing out heavily and watching her pull back almost instantly.

"Oh my God!" She coughed, "You still have the worst morning breath on this planet."

“You really love to exaggerate."

"Jesus Christ! Was that all you wanted?"

"Yeah it was." I smiled, "See ya!"

"Fuck you!" She yelled.

"Love ya." I yelled back, smiling and putting my attention back on Mac, "My morning breath isn't that bad is it?"

McKenna scrunched up her nose and frowned, "Fuck."

Oh no.
♠ ♠ ♠
BOOM BABY, I'M BACK.

Wow, it's been s o l o n g. It's been five months wow, wow, wow.

I know this is so long overdue but to be completely honest, I was stuck on this chapter for quite some time, so I took a little breaky-break. I was intending to update this way sooner but you know, a certain tv show got me distracted.

coughsherlockcough

Anyway, I wrote this at two in the morning because I suddenly had inspiration, so please forgive me and read this chapter I spent my time on.

More to come in the future.

((hopefully))