Darling, You'll Be Okay

First Day Of My Life (VIC POV)

What do you do when you know your expiration date?
Do you just start writing down your bucket list and start doing what you possibly can?
I, Victor Vincent Fuentes, has cancer and I'm not ready to leave the one I truly love. Kellin.

I look up at the skinny weak boy from my hospital bed, looking down at me with red puffy eyes from crying.

"You're going to be okay, Vic. I...I promise." He stutters a bit, while shaking as he holds my hand tight.

"Kels, You have to stop lying to yourself. You don't know for sure." I say, and with that, he hides his face in my bed sheets, trying not to look at me.

I run my hands through his hair and I smile a bit.
When we first met, I remember seeing him in the library. In the 'Gay & Lesbian' section.
God, was he beautiful. I can't deny that I was pretty shy to talk to him, but I made the courage to.
We both introduced ourselves. I bought him Starbucks. We exchanged numbers.
A week later we started going out on dates.
Our first date was just a simple picnic at King Park and I knew from the way his eyes looked at me, that we'd be together for a long time.

But from how my conditions are now...I don't think long enough.

"I want you to spend the night with me, Kellin. Every night." I look at him as he pops his head up slowly to look at me.

"Okay. I'll do that. I'll leave Jenna and Stacey at my mom's. I don't want to miss a single second being with you."

Jenna and Stacey were our kids. Well not technically, we adopted them. Wait, I didn't tell you?
Kellin and I have been engaged for about a month or so. Our wedding date was pushed to a later date.

I doubt I'll make it.

--9:05 PM--
He was laying next to me on my hospital bed. Stealing quick glances at me.
I'm not ready to leave. I'm not at all to leave what hasn't even started yet.

"Y'know, I've never loved someone like you. Well, actually. I've never knew what love was until I met you. You've made me so happy and then this has to happen. Why?" A chuckle escaped from his lips. "God must really hate me. Since I'm..Gay." He clings onto me, looking up with me with his red eyes.

"Kellin..Don't blame yourself. Please, sweetie. My cancer and your sexuality has nothing to do with each other. My uncle happens to have Cancer as well. It runs in the family. I guess I was the 'lucky' one to receive it."

"Did he make it? Did your uncle make it?"

I was silent for awhile. "No.."

Kellin hid his face back into my sheets and started to sob.

I decided not to talk, and just let him let it all out.

After a few sniffles he says, "I love you so much, Vic. Please don't leave me."

Even though I had no control over the future, I'm not sure why I said what I said. "I, Victor Vincent Fuentes, promise you, Kellin future Fuentes, that I will never leave you. I'll be there with you somehow." I smile and I kissed his lips one last time before bed.

"I love you too, Kellin."
♠ ♠ ♠
ok should I continue? I know for a fact that there will be like..A LOT of chapters for this one omg. All short tbh. But I'll update every Friday since they're short. Okay. I SWEAR.