Status: Welcome to Heaven

A Little Piece of Heaven

Introduction

Beauty. That’s what he saw as she laid next to him under the sheets.

His fingers softly brushed through her hair as she slept soundlessly. He couldn’t sleep. His insomnia got the best of him when he was alone, but when she was there, it was better, more bearable. She calmed the racing thoughts he had in the darkness. She made everything a little piece of heaven.

He didn’t know what he liked most about her; everything she did was that of a perfect model. Her chocolate curls were always soft and shiny. Her eyes were always the same blue-green they’d been since they met. Her smile was always adorable with that one dimple in her right cheek. When they held hands, he felt she was made for him. She liked to talk, but he didn’t mind. She was the perfect remedy for a life he had figured was hell.

She moved in her sleep, making him freeze and his breathing ceased until she was still again. He began to run his fingers through her hair once more. He wanted so bad to kiss her soft lips. He wanted to kiss her soft skin. He wanted to feel her, all of her. But he didn’t just want her, he needed her. He needed her voice at three-thirty in the morning telling him about her childhood. He needed her singing in the shower as he cooked lunch. He needed her to hold his hand in the market when she would go shopping with him. He needed her every ounce of being.

The scary part was, though, if it weren’t for her, he’d be dead. She saved him. She came into his life right when he was giving up on everything. She took the pieces of his heart and held them in her fragile hands and fixed it with patience and kindness. She helped him when he needed her. She was his angel, his guardian. He was forever in debt to her, but she never knew. All she knew was that she met a guy in the park and he happened to be who she was looking for.

He laid down next to her, wrapping her in his arms close to his torso. She was lying in a way that made it possible for him to lean down and gently press his lips against hers. He felt her kiss him back, giving him a fluttery feeling inside. He hadn’t meant to wake her and hoped that she would mindlessly say it was alright and fall back asleep. She smiled before rolling over and taking all of the sheets from him.

Love. That’s what he felt when he was with her, nothing but love.