Status: Welcome to Heaven

A Little Piece of Heaven

Nine

Pain. That's what he felt as he left his fiancee for tour.

He grabbed his bag and looked back at her. Tears streamed down her face. They knew this day was coming, but neither one of them wanted it to arrive as fast as it had. He dropped his bag and ran to her, placing both hands on either side of her face and kissing her.

"I love you," he whispered against her lips, closing his eyes because he hated to see her cry.

"I love you. Please be careful. And call me. And video call." She tried as best as she could to keep the tears from falling, but it was difficult watching the person you love go on a tour in a different continent.

"I promise," he whispered, giving her one last kiss and leaving the apartment. He walked down the hallway to the elevator, wiping his eyes. He looked down as he walked outside to his car. He didn't want to leave her, and if he would've had a choice, he would've chosen to take her with him. He didn't want to miss out on her pregnancy. He didn't want to miss out on sonograms and finding out the sex, but he was going to and it killed him to know that. He would be home in time for the baby's birth, and he was thankful for that.

Matt's phone began ringing inside his pocket. He let it go to voice mail; he didn't feel like talking as he made his way to the studio to meet up with the rest of the band members. He figured it was probably Brian, anyway. He probably wanted a pack of cigarettes to smoke on the way to air port. Matt's eyes kept looking in the rear-view mirror as he drove as if he were expecting Alex to follow him for one last goodbye.

Image

She laid there, on his side of the bed and in his old Misfits t-shirt, crying. She could still feel the indention from his body on the mattress. Why was this so hard? she kept asking herself. He had been on a tour before without her. Why were they getting so choked up now? Alex thought it was probably because they weren't as serious and pregnant as they were now.

Alex sat up, wiping her tears and taking a deep breath. "You can do this," she reminded herself. "You are strong, and Matt is strong. You. Can. Do. This." And she could do it. She was strong, and she was going to prove that to herself and Matt and anyone else. They could video call and still call. They could text. She would still have a little piece of heaven with her, even if it was away for a little while.

She looked down at the growing baby bump. "Hi, babies," she whispered as she rubbed the bump with gentleness and care. She would take damn good care of these babies while she waited for their daddy to return to her.

Image

"Shadows!" Brian yelled as Matt exited the car, popping the trunk open. He nodded his head, keeping silent. Brian noticed the unusual silence. "What's wrong? Is Alex okay? Are the babies okay? Oh, my God! Something happened! Man, I am so sorry!" Brian wrapped his arms around Matt's shoulders, earning him a punch in the gut. Brian yelped, removing himself from the man.

"Everything's fine," Matt said as he closed the trunk and threw his bags in the back of the black SUV. Zack Baker was the second member of the band to greet Matt, but in a less dramatic way.

"Hey, man."

Matt nodded. "Hey."

"You okay?"

Matt nodded once more, and Zack left it that. He figured Matt would let them know if something happened or not.

"Matt, not trying to be mean or get punched again, but I think you got the bitchy mood swings of the pregnancy." Brian stood his distance behind Zack and Johnny as they laughed. Jimmy peeped his head out of the studio.

"Hey, dick heads! Could we get this show on the road?"

They all piled into the SUV. Matt and Jimmy in the front to control the radio so Brian wouldn't play Lady Gaga again. Zack sat in the middle of the back with Brian on his left and Johnny on his right. Jimmy was driving, and Matt was looking out the window, missing Alex by every second.

Image

"Hermana?" Vivian knocked on the door to her sister's apartment and waited impatiently. She knew the door would be unlocked, but she didn't want to barge in. She stood with her hand on her hip, tapping her foot. "Alexandria!"

No answer came from the resident inside. Vivian opened the door and walked into the living room. She looked around to find no sign of her sister. She walked into the bedroom and opened the door, poking her head in to see her sister dressing. Alex looked behind her to see her sister peeking at her.

"Vivi! Go away! I'm naked!"

Vivian frowned. "You are such a wuss!"

"I am not. I kept telling you to hold on while you were banging on the door. You are just like Papa, impatient and stubborn!"

"And you're like mother - dumb!"

Alex sat on her bed, frowning as she pulled her sweatpants on, the only pair of bottoms she could wear. She had to put on one of Matt's shirts that was too small for him over her torso. She walked into the living room and frowned as Vivian laughed at her little sister.

"I'm taking you shopping, but not in that!"

"What's wrong with this?"

"You look like Mini Matt!"

"So!"

"Come on, doll face, don't be like that. Now, relax, put on a dress, and let's go."

Alex shrugged, peeling off the clothes she had on and replacing them with her blue sun dress. She pulled her hair into a pony tail and left to go to the mall with Vivi. She wasn't complaining; it kept her mind off of missing Matt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is late, sad, and bad.
Anyways, here's a shout-out to Heaven_syn_gates, NathanSykes' Swag, VixonJade11, and AJ9 for commenting. It means a lot to me that you all are as much into this story that I am!