Status: Welcome to Heaven

A Little Piece of Heaven

ten

Relief. That's what she felt as she heard his voice on the other line.

"I miss you," she whispered, knowing he's feeling the same.

"I miss you more. How are you?"

"Tired, lonely, the works."

Matt sighed on the other line. "I know, baby, I know. I'll be home soon. Don't you worry."

Alex wiped her eyes, not wanting to cry while she was talking to him. She wanted him to see that she was strong and that she could handle this. "I know." Her hand rubbed gently where her two little babies were. She smiled, feeling them move from inside the womb. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"I found out that our babies are very healthy today. And we'll be able to know the sexes in about two more check ups."

"I want a boy, and a girl. Okay?" She could hear the smile in his voice, making her laugh.

"I'll do my best." She heard a loud wave of laughter from his line, sighing. She knew he'd be drinking on the tour, but there was nothing she could do to stop him.

"Listen, baby, I have to go. I love you."

"I love you,too," she said before the line went dead. She pressed the red button on the phone and set it down on the night stand. She curled herself into a ball and allowed herself to cry. She just wanted him home so she could be in his arms again. It had only been three weeks, but it felt like three months to her.

Image

Her eyes fluttered open to the sound of the phone ringing. She peeked through her eyelids at the thing, pressing the green button and bringing it to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Sanders?"

"I am soon to be Mrs. Sanders. Who's this?"

"This is Doctor Fuller. Your husband's been in an accident."