Status: Welcome to Heaven

A Little Piece of Heaven

twelve

"Alex, please pick up the phone. I'm sorry. Okay? I was a dick to you. I was a dick to our babies. Please, come home."

He set his phone down, sighing as he watched the time on he digital clock change from one-thirty-five to one-thirty-six. She left. And he deserved it. His eyes filled with tears as he remembered the last words he told her. "You want me to quit? Huh? You want me to throw everything away so I can stay home with you? So I can watch you get bigger?" He was an idiot, and he knew it.

One-thirty-seven. He picked up the phone, pressing the green button twice to redial her number. "It's Alex. You know what to do." He sighed, preparing himself to leave her yet another voice mail for when she finally checked her phone.

"Baby, I know you're pregnant, and I know I'm a dick. I know why you're sister hates me now. I know why you were apprehensive about me. I know now. Because I speak before I think. And because of that I may have lost the most important people in my life." He sighed, realizing the error of his ways. "Please come back."

One-fourty-two. Where were they? Matt pressed the green button and dialed Alex's number, cursing himself because he had meant to the call Brian.

"What?" Alex's agitated voice rang from the other line. He wasn't thrilled she was pissed off, but he'd take it.

"Baby, plea-"

"Don't. You need to figure out what you want because I am tired of just forgiving you. I want my Matt back. The one who was nice to me in front of his friends and all the time. This new Matt is a dick, and if he's staying, then I'm leaving."

Then I'm leaving. Those last three words rung throughout his head as he sighed. "Alex, I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me. I wish I could-"

"Take it back? Well you can't. The damage is done Matt. I spent two days with your friends pigging out in front of them," and then came the rant, "and I hurt poor Johnny's feelings because for the love of God I just want you to show me some damn affection. I am pregnant, Matthew. I am not just little ol' Alex anymore. I am in Mama Bear mode. And you best be getting into Papa Bear mode." And then came the sobbing. "I just wish you would stop and think about the babies for once. Please." And then the anger was back. "You're a fucking idiot!" She hung up, and the line went dead.

Matt tried this again, except this time, he dialed Jimmy's number.

"What'd you do and what's broken?"

Matt sighed. "Rev, I'm not doing anything and nothing is broken."

"Alex's heart is broken and you made her cry. There for you did something and something is broken."

Matt sighed again, this time agitatedly. "Rev, come on. I don't need this."

"Yeah, you do. Alex is right. You're a fucking idiot." Matt scoffed. "Just because she came three hundred and thirty-six miles to make sure you were alive doesn't mean you get to be all beast mode on her. She's a girl, for fucking crying out loud. Not to mention she loves you, dude. That's some deep shit."

"I know."

"Obviously you don't because you keep throwing her around like she ain't shit to you."

"She is shit to me!" Matt stopped, thinking about how that sounded. "Whatever. You know what I mean. If she didn't mean anything to me, I wouldn't have cried on the way to the studio when this tour started."

"You don't act like it now. You can't keep pointing out the things you did in the pass because by the looks of it, you have a huge future coming up. No offense, Alex."

Matt sighed. "You took her to get food didn't you?"

"She's mad and she's pregnant. Food is the solution."

"Will you at least bring her back to me?"

"I'll think about it. By the way, you owe us one hundred dollars."

"Us?"

"Me, Johnny, Zack, Brian, and Alex."

"Why Alex?"

"Oh, wait, you owe her two hundred for doubling the pregnancy. Bye." The line ended and Matt sat at the edge of the bed with his held low. His friends liked Alex more than him. Maybe he was a fucking idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who likes the new layout? I think it gives the story more pizazz.
Anyways, enjoy this amusing/sad filler.