Status: Welcome to Heaven

A Little Piece of Heaven

thirteen

Her eyes met his for the first time in three days. She wanted to forgive him, but the yelling had to stop. If she would've known he was going to change into this...this asshole before he proposed to her, she would've said no. She would have never even agreed to go on their first date if she had known this was the man she was supposed to marry.

But she loved him. For most reasons unknown, she the loved the hell out of him. She wanted to make it okay. She wanted them to be the couple they had planned to be for the sake of them and the babies.

She had to leave to go back to New York at the end of the week because her next sonogram would be coming up. He was healed and they were all sitting in a hotel room. Every now and then the couple would speak to each other, but she kept it short. She didn't want to trigger another argument and cause a bridge between him and his friends.

"Are you okay?" He asked her, seeing the dark circles beneath her eyes. She nodded, even though they both knew she wasn't. "Can I hold you?" He offered her. She stared at him, thinking her decision through. What if he thought holding her was her way of forgiveness? Of course she wanted to forgive him, but he had to gain trust. He had to show her he loved her. But how was he supposed to do that if she kept passing up every opportunity for him to show. She nodded again, allowing him to scoot closer to her and wrap his arms around her. She rested her head against his chest, listening to his heart beat. The room fell silent as the four boys at the table looked at the couple finally making their way back to the beginning.

Alex took one of Matt's hand and placed it on the growing baby bump. She began humming one of her mother's favorite Cuban songs, watching Matt's eyes grow wide as he felt two kicks from each baby. She watched a small smile form on his lips, and he closed his eyes.

"How long have they been kicking?"

"Only when we're not fighting and we're being the mommy and daddy we're supposed to be. They know when we fight, and they don't like it. I don't like it."

His eyes met hers for the first time in three days. He placed his free hand on her cheek, rubbing it lightly with his thumb. "Can I take you to dinner?" She shook her head. He wasn't going to give up. "Can I get us our own room?" She looked up, thinking it'd be nice, but only shaking her head. He sighed. "What can I do?"

"You can massage my feet because they're killing me. You can buy me a frosty and french fries, a gallon of strawberry ice cream, three chocolate donuts and a large thing of fries. You can kiss my cheek every now and then, and you can start now." Matt opened his mouth to say something, but she cut him off with, "And I want an I love you every hour." Matt smiled, kissing her cheek and moving to her feet. He took her left foot in his hand and gently rubbed the middle of it. She rested against the pile of pillows on her back and closed her eyes.

Image

His eyes closed as his head hit the pillow, finally. He was exhausted from the show and just wanted to sleep. He felt the body lying next to him, reaching for the chest and giving a light squeeze. He pulled the body close to his. "I wanna give you the best sex you've ever had, baby," he whispered in the ear.

Brian's eyes opened wide as he turned around to see Matt groping him. "Dude!"

Matt's eyes grew wide in return. "Aw, man. I-I'm sorry. I thought you were-"

"Me?"

Both boys turned the heads to see a laughing Alex with a video camera in her hand. She reverted her attention to someone standing near the bathroom. "You're right, Rev. Matt could be gay. That would explain his mood changes these past few days."

Matt's cheeks grew a rosy color. He stood up, holding his hands up as if he were fixing to be arrested. "Alex-"

"I should've known," Alex said while tsk-ing her fiancée, wondering when he'd catch on to the joke. "I guess I get to show the fans that Bratt is real."

"Bratt?" Matt's eyebrows arched. Alex nodded.

"Yeah, Brian plus Matt equals Bratt."

Brian sat up, scooting himself from the bed and taking the covers with him as he covered his body. "Listen, Matt, you're a good friend and all, but I don't swing on your kind of vines."

"It's okay, Matt. You can still help raise the babies."

Matt began to get frustrated, not understanding what was going on. "If this is some kind of sick punishment for being a dick to you, then I've learned my lesson. I'm sorry."

Alex's lips turned into a mocking frown. "You can't punish the truth, baby cakes."


Matt shot up in his place on the bed, covering in sweat. There was a body lying next to him. He moved from the bed to one of the chairs at the table. The body sat up, and he was relieved when he realized it was Alex.

"What are you doing?" She mumbled, still half-asleep.

"Letting you sleep," Matt said as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"What's wrong?" Alex sat up and shifted her body so she was facing him. She yawned, and he recognized the shirt hanging loosely from her torso - it was hold Misfits shirt. He looked around the room and realized they were the only two in the room.

"I'm not gay," he said with a smile as he climbed on the bed, towering over her and pressing his lips against hers. She separated to catch her breath.

"What do you mean? Were you ever gay?"

He shook his head, removing the shirt and placing one hand on her breast. "What are you doing?" She looked up into his eyes, searching for where this sudden fascination with her breast was coming from.

Matt shrugged. "I just wanna show you I love you, and that I'm sorry."

Alex's eyes closed and she placed a hand on his chest. "Not this way. Not until I've said you're forgiven."

Matt looked down, happy he didn't have an erection yet. He sat down beside her and watched as she shimmied back into the over-sized shirt and resting against her pillows. She held out her hand. "You can sing me to sleep, though." She kissed his lips and rolled over so she look at him. He smiled, settling into the bed and brushing the hair from her face. He began to hum the beginning chords of "Gunslinger" before beginning with the lyrics. Alex's eyes fluttered closed as she rested to her favorite song.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler, sorry. It gets better.