Status: Welcome to Heaven

A Little Piece of Heaven

Twenty

Joy. That's how he felt as he stood under the arbor, looking at his bride.

The day had finally come that Matt and Alex would forever be bound, and it was the second happiest day of his life. He wiped his eyes, not too sure why he was tearing up. She was beautiful, like always, and she was his. She was his bride.

Brian stood behind Matt looking at Alex and crying along with Jimmy. Matt looked behind him at his friends, shaking his head. "Wusses," he whispered. Vivian glared at Matt from where the bridesmaids were standing. He smiled at her, purposely pissing her off.

"Who gives this woman to this man," the minister said from beside Matt.

"I do," Alex's father said, squeezing her hand and placing it in Matt's. She kissed her father on the cheek before he walked to sit with his wife on the front pew. She handed her bouquet to her sister, and stood in front of Matt with tears in her eyes. It had been a long year, but they made it. They made it together.

"The bride and groom have written their own vows," the minister said, handing Matt a microphone and his vows. He smiled at Alex, taking a deep breath before beginning.

"Alex, I remember the first day we met. My heart melted right then and there. You came into life not knowing what you were getting yourself into, but you didn't mind. You accepted me for who I am, and I am forever grateful. I could never thank you enough for loving me the way you do, so instead I promise to be the husband you always wanted. I promise I will not storm out when we argue, and we will work it out. I promise to share the covers in the middle of the night, and I promise to love you forever, until death do we part."

Alex wiped her eyes, smiling up at Matt and taking her written vows from the minister and the microphone from Matt. "Matt, the day I found out we were going to be parents was a wake up call for me. I woke up realizing how much I love you, and how much you love me. I woke up with everything I needed, and that's you. I promise that from this day forth, I will save you the last slice of pizza on Friday nights. I promise to keep your toes covered when you're sick, and I promise to give you a kiss before we go to bed. I promise to always love you, because I already do. I promise to be the best mother I can be for our daughters, and I promise to not only be your wife but your number one fan. I love you forever, until death do we part."

The minister took the microphone from her, placing it back on its stand. "Now for the rings." Wesley, Brian's golden retriever, sat patiently beside Matt with the rings tied with a ribbon on his collar. Brian reached down, untying the rings and handing the rings to Matt and Alex. "Repeat after me. I, Matthew, take thee Alexandria to be mine from this day forward til death to we part."

As Matt placed the ring on Alex's finger he said the words, never breaking eye contact with her. Alex did the same, smiling as she slid the ring on Matt's finger.

"By the invested of me by the state of New York, I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Matt's shaking hands lifted the veil from Alex's face. He smiled as he placed both hands on either side of her face, leaning down to her and kissing her. Alex stood on her tiptoes to reach him, and in that moment, they were in their own world. They were finally Mr. and Mrs. Sanders.