Status: Welcome to Heaven

A Little Piece of Heaven

four

Excitement. That's what he felt as he looked through the infinite selection of rings.

Some were more sparkle than elegant, something Alex didn't like. Some were not enough sparkle, another thing Alex didn't like. The ring had to be the perfect amount of sparkle and elegance, or it wouldn't work. Matt didn't want to ask her to marry him with the wrong ring. It had to be perfect.

"How about this one, sir?" The consultant behind the counter held out her hand with the ring between her thumb and index finger. The ring was set with three diamonds: a big one in the middle with two smaller ones on either side. The perfect amount of sparkle. The band was elegant enough, shiny and perfect. The only thing missing was Alex's left ring finger.

"It's perfect. How much?" He couldn't take his eyes off of the ring. It reminded him of her in every aspect.

"Eight hundred seventy-five dollars and thirty-two cents."

Matt winced at the price, knowing it would hurt is bank account more than him. Nevertheless, it was the ring. "Alright," he said as he retrieved his billfold from his back pocket.

"What size sir?"

"Six." He remembered her telling him the size of her class ring and from the last time she tried on a ring at the local thrift shop.

The consultant looked beneath the rings display and pulled out a black box with the ring inside of it. It was small enough to barely fit the top of his pinky finger. Matt looked to Brian whom was smiling from ear to ear.

"It's about damn time," Brian joked as he followed Matt to the register. He watched as Matt made the purchase and was handed the bag. The consultant smiled and said the usual "Have a nice day" as they made their way out of the store.

Matt looked up at the clouded sky, frowning. "Is it supposed to rain?"

"Later on tonight, but not any time soon. Why?"

"I was thinking a date and then proposing."

Brian laughed. "Man, you gotta plan the perfect proposal. Ask Lori, she'll tell you everything Johnny did."

It wasn't a bad idea, and Matt agreed to it.

Nervous. That's how he felt as he began to plan the future of his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I figured you all deserved something cute to read so here it is!

I want to thank Heaven_syn_gates, NathanSykes' Swag, and VixonJade11 for commenting on every update! I love you all so much already haha!

Another huge thanks to my 100 readers and 22 subscribers! I never expected to get this many with just five updates! <3