Status: Short story||Completed

Sagikkun

Suicide

A year had passed since Elise walked out of Junsu's life. Almost immediately, a smile had been put on her glorious face. Junsu had been drug into an abyss of further alcohol abuse and depression.

The main justification for both of these outcomes—Yoochun.

Junsu watched the couple behind him from the mirror. Yoochun pulled Elise to him and kissed her temple before leaving the dressing room. When Elise's eyes turned to him, Junsu was quick to look at his reflection in the mirror.

Elise looked away dismissively, pretending she hadn't noticed Junsu's expression from his reflection. However, it was difficult. Difficult to feel his eyes boring into her and Yoochun every time they were around him. The physical affection that Yoochun showed was something she enjoyed, but it was the discomfort around Junsu that made it...less enjoyable. She didn't want to act different, she didn't want to remember what Junsu had made her feel. She didn't want to remember them at all.

Remembering the two of them together began with the bad; the screaming, the fighting, the cheating. Then, it got better. Time rewound. His proposal to her, their first date, first kiss. Just looking at him brought on a wave of cracked memories, ones she tried to bury deep back in her brain. However, what Elise and Junsu had was more than something that could be buried. They were going to marry and then...they weren't. A love and passion far stronger than Elise had ever hoped to find had consumed the two of them, coiled around them and tangled them together until they could not escape. Even now, as she looked up the skeletal image of Kim Junsu, she still wanted him.

She still loved him.

And unbeknownst to her, Junsu still loved her with every fragment of his torn-apart heart.

--

Elise was in the middle of a good book when her phone lit up from the table beside the couch. She looked at the screen, eyes furrowing together when the name was set in from of her.

Junsu

“Yes?”

There was a moment of silence, a heartbeat before the broken voice spoke on the other end. “Elise...I love you.”

Elise sighed and looked over the couch at Yoochun who was standing in the kitchen, making dinner. “Junsu, please don't.”

“Just...let me say what I need to say. I'm not saying this so you'll come back. I have to let you know.” Elise remained silent, red lips drawing in a thin line. “The day I met you, I knew you were the one,” the rasped and forlorn voice went on. “I just knew. I didn't care if you weren't Korean or not the 'perfect' girl everyone expected. You were perfect to me. You were this embodiment of goodness and beauty and perfection. You made my heart want to burst every time you even looked at me.”

He paused, but Elise said nothing. A shaky breath on the other line. “I never imagined my life without you. When you said 'yes' to marrying me, I honestly had never been happier. I loved to touch you, kiss you, make love to you. I just loved to love you and that's all I ever needed.

Now, I don't have you anymore and Yoochun gets to do all of that. I screwed up, bad. I have no idea why I slept with Marisol so many times. I changed and the fame got to my head, but none of that is a good enough excuse for what I did to you, Elise. I couldn't imagine my life without you. I still can't. That's why I have to say goodbye.”

Elise's eyes widened. “Junsu—”

“I gotta let you go now,” he went on, voice dropping. His tongue seemed to be weighed by lead. “Don't blame yourself. It was all me.”

“Junsu!” Elise shrieked, standing from the couch. “What did you do? Junsu, answer me!”

“I hurt you, that's what I did,” he answered. “You're the most beautiful woman in the world. Yoochun and you deserve all the happiness in the world. Elise...” A sob broke from his throat and Elise pressed a hand to her mouth. “I love you.”

And the call disconnected.

“Yoochun!” The scream that broke from her lips sent him sprinting into the living room. “Yoochun, we have to go get Junsu. Now.” She was already running for the door, tears streaming down her face to the point she could barely see.

--

Elise's fingers fumbled with the keys as sob after wracking sob fell from her shaking body. Yoochun took the key from her and unlocked the door, allowing her to bolt into the dark and silent apartment. Her calls breaking the still.

“Junsu? Junsu, where are you?” She rushed through the house before finding the bathroom door only open a crack. Elise swung it open before wailing and collapsing to her knees beside the still form of her broken lover.

Yoochun hurried in and seeing his band mate's incapacitated state, he grabbed his phone to call an ambulance. Elise clung to the still body, clutching his head against her chest as she cried. Her face buried in his blonde hair as nothings were wept. Yoochun managed her to pry her from Junsu's limp form. He attempted to find a pulse against the graying skin.

And found one.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter. This was going to be the final chapter, but I enjoy torturing myself and cut it off.

Special thanks to:
Manbear-n'-Me!