Status: My first Vampire book. Let me know what you guys think.

Bloodlust

Chapter 1: Enter Clark

"Twenty three years of age, passed all of our physical and mental examinations, and has performed in harsh environments with close to perfect results. Yet, you still haven't explained why you signed up for this procedure Mr. Clark." The man had finished explaining, and bade the man sitting across from him to respond. However, the man had no immediate answer to that question, so instead he began to look around the room. It was a small, dimly lit room with a table at its center and two chairs on both sides of the table. Other than that, the walls were white and the door matched in color.

"Clark."

The words snapped him out of his trance. "I signed up,sir, because the procedure claimed that it was of up-most importance and that it was for the sake of my nation." The man raised his hand to his head, casually scratching and eyeing Clark at the same time. "This procedure we are employing may result in your immediate death. In this case you would take no part in the mission you are to report to after the procedure, and you would initially make no contribution to your country other than letting us know we failed and that we should try again." Clark's gaze turned toward the table as if it had suddenly become the most interesting object in the room. "If my death leads to failure than that means I contributed to finding later success." The man responded immediately "You have to understand that all other applicants before you were failures and they died in very painful ways!" Clark responded just as fast "I have made my decision now tell me what I have to do!" The man grew silent, taking up Clark's previous habit of staring at the table. He stood up slowly, walked toward the door, and waited. "I hope you get your chance to serve" he whispered.Then he knocked twice and returned to his seat.

Two more men dressed in uniform, a bleak, gray jumpsuit, walked into the room. One held a small metal briefcase and the other had a handful of handcuffs. Clark, becoming increasingly nervous, asked "Why is there more than one pair of handcuffs." "Its a precaution we're taking. Don't worry we don't plan to lock you up for a long period of time. To be truthful if the procedure is a success then you could free yourself from containment." Clark had little to no understanding of what was occurring. Each of his arms were being individually handcuffed to the chair, and his legs were handcuffed similarly. When the process was finished the man spoke once more "What is about to happen is temporary and will fade away in exactly three minutes. However, in this course in time it is imperative that you pay attention to the instructions I give you." Clark's silence only prompted the man to continue. The man slid the metal briefcase in front of him, and opened it. Immediately then other men in the room left, leaving the room once more filled with only two people.

Inside the case there was six injections each containing a blood red liquid. The man picked one out of the case and walked over to Clark. "When the injection takes effect your immediate response will be to destroy objects around you. I am going to ask you that you refrain from doing that." The man then stabbed Clark in the arm with the injection. There was no distinct location or care he simply slammed the needle into Clark. He rushed back to his seat and watched. "Whatever you do, do not take another injection until told to do so." At this he raised his arm, revealing a gold watch on his wrist, and clicked the side button." A ticking noise began eminating from the watch. Clark was unsure what was supposed to happen to him, but then suddenly he felt it. A mind numbing pain shot up from the injection straight into his heart. The ticking became louder. He felt his heart pick up pace as if the blood was beating against the walls of his heart, desperate to break free. The ticking grew even louder. His body grew cold, not cold as if he felt like shivering, but cold as in he felt as if he was dying. The ticking slowed down, menacingly increasing the period in which each tick would ring out. His vision blurred completely, then cleared away. The ticking began to echo. His heart skipped a beat, then another, then once more. The ticking stopped, and so did his heart.

Clark was dead. At least, that was what he believed, but yet he was still there. Sitting, staring in fact at the man in front of him. Nothing had changed except for the tiniest detail which had suddenly become evident. His heart was not beating as well. Clark was confused and disoriented until suddenly he heard a sharp tick screech into his ears. "I hope you find it in your heart to do whats right." The sound had come from everywhere. It echoed throughout the room, causing Clark to ponder what was occurring. "This recording will now repeat itself" Once more the tick sounded out loud and clear, but this time Clark was able to pinpoint it. It came from the watch on the man's arm.

"If you are hearing this that means you have been injected with Vampigen." Clark heard the voice again, but finding that he could not move or respond he continued to listen. "The reason you are hearing my voice is because you have just entered a state called Cerebral Reconstruct. You are in this state because your body has accepted the altered DNA inside the serum and has begun reconstructing your brain, not only to be able to understand and use your new-found abilities, but to create a greater brain capacity for greater knowledge to fill. So, in essence congratulations. You have just become the smartest and strongest human on the planet. However, in exactly three minutes, inside this state, you will cease being mortal and become immortal. That is why it was important for me to record this. You will become a vampire in essence, a horrid, blood sucking mongrel of which the world shall detest. The man in front of you has a gun filled with a silver bullet. This bullet will literally react with your chemical composition as if it was acid. one bullet anywhere near your heart or head, will kill you. Therefore, listen carefully as you only have one more minute. When you leave this state you will feel as if you were refreshed, newly born one could say. However, this euphoria is only veil over your body's true intention. You will find your self lusting blood, whether it be a serum or the man in front of you. Each serum gives you three minutes as a vampire, but each serum increases the last by an exponent of one million. Therefore, by your fourth bottle you will be a vampire for over one hundred years. Do not, and I repeat, do not take four vials. Immortality is not a gift, it is a curse. You now have ten more seconds, so before you go make sure you listen to them only about the mission. Everything else is a lie and a means to fool you into being used as a weapon against vampires, that once stained with their blood shall be tossed aside as a worthless tool. I hope you find it in your heart to do whats right." Suddenly, Clark felt his heart beat once, then once more, then he heard a tick and everything returned to normal. The ticking continued on, once more, for each second that passed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoy the book. This is my first time writing anything that has to do with vampires, so let me know what you guys think. Also, fighting doesn't actually start till Chapter 4, so please look forward to action. I know it sounds action-less (if that's even a word) now, but do read through to get to the epicness that is vampire battles.