Status: My first Vampire book. Let me know what you guys think.

Bloodlust

Chapter 2: The Mission

Clark felt as if he understood everything the voice had just said. Clark felt amazing. In fact, amazing is an understatement, Clark felt as though the he could do everything. He could hear far beyond anything he had ever heard. He knew that twenty miles directly south east of him there was a bird being run over. Bones crunching and blood spilling out. It was... indescribable for Clark. He could see so much more, including the small twitches the man across from him was making. His mind connected it immediately with the emotion worry. He was smarter too, unbelievable!!! He chuckled out loud raising his arms to his head to wipe the sweat away from his forehead. With little to no effort, the chair snapped as the handcuffs brought the piece of wood that was the handle off. Clark couldn't believe his strength. Strong enough to snap a man's head and drain it of its blood. He took his thumb and his index and pinched the handcuff on his right arm, and it bent as if it was made out of aluminum. Then, he ripped it off his wrist like a band aid.

"You have one minute remaining try not to do anything, refrain from any unnecessary usage of your abilities." His words caught Clark's attention. Clark tried too stay still, to keep his handcuff alone and simply sit and waste his minute of power. Waste. The word had come to mind without a second thought. Clark thought to himself "Why should I have to waste this time. It's not like I'll have this forever. I should enjoy these final moments of power" Then the voice's words came to mind. "This euphoria is only veil over your body's true intention." He looked up at the man across from him. He could hear his pulse, constantly beating with every tick of his watch. His veins bulging out from the fear of death. The man knew he was prey, food for a higher being. Clark struggled staying in his seat. The tension between morals and lust became too great. He stood up, quickly smashing the handcuffs on his legs, and kicking the chair back against the wall smashing it into several pieces. "What is this proving? Why can't I do anything?" The man had neither responded nor made a response to stop him. In anger, Clark turned around and punched the wall. His hand sunk into the wall with no effort. Suddenly, Clark felt a burning sensation that was like nothing he had ever felt before. It was as if the wall was slowly eating away at his arm. He pulled his arm out quickly, hyperventilating when he noticed what had happened. His arm was completely stripped of its skin, and the muscles underneath had gaps and holes. "The walls around you are entirely made of silver."

The man looked as he did before, worried, but something different was occurring. He would look down at his watch every now and then in what appeared to be anticipation. He was waiting for Clark to lose his power, his strength, his knowledge. He wasn't a friend, he was the enemy, and by that logic Clark's anger grew. He walked over to him and lifted him up, and immediately noticed the gun pointed at his head. "If you do anything I will kill you." It was simple and threatening statement, but Clark's newly enhanced hearing could tell by his heartbeat, his breathing, and even his facial expression that he was afraid. However, Clark noticed his arm which he had used to lift the man into the air. It was the same arm that had been burned severely by the silver, but it had been nearly completely healed. He watched in amazement as his vein, recently burned away, heal unbelievably fast. In matter of seconds the vein was completely healed, and the skin soon followed. He turned to the man realizing his actions, his ridiculous demeanor, and the rage that was all together unneeded. Clark dropped the man and walked by to his side of the table, but, realizing that he had previously destroyed the chair, stood in place. "I would like to apologies for my previous behavior, and I would appreciate it if I could be briefed on what my mission is and how I go about completing it." The man seated himself, after putting away his weapon, and looked down at his watch. Clark still noticed the insidious ticking from the watch. The man looked up suddenly relieved "Just wait five seconds". Clark counted the seconds out. Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick...the final one didn't make a noise. Everything around him had slowed down until finally resting in a frozen position. "You will become a vampire in essence, a horrid, blood sucking mongrel of which the world shall detest." The voice was playing again, but before the rest of the recording played Clark heard the final tick. Everything returned to its normal speed, but Clark did not feel normal.

His sight was blurry, as if the world was suddenly being filtered through a dirty lens. His hearing was like being deaf in comparison to the hearing he had before. His strength had atrophied to such an extent that he found it difficult for him to stand comfortably. He was weak, stupid, blind, and deaf, and yet nothing had changed. He had the same abilities he had before the drug. He looked up at the man "What's going on?" The man sighed sadly before responding "You are going through a state of withdraw. Your body having acquired such perfection now finds the previous abilities you had meaningless." He averted his eyes away from Clark and toward the injections. "Vampigen is what it's called. Crazy thing really, but I think for now we'll stay on track. Go ahead," He pointed toward the injections finally looking up at a weakened Clark. "Inject all of them in you." Clark, remembering the voice's words, shook his head and replied "I just want to take two more." Clark took one and injected himself, but, although Clark was expecting everything to freeze once more, instead the abilities simply flooded back. "It is imperative that you take all of the injections here" the man responded. However, with Clark's returning knowledge he was able to deduce a reason why he shouldn't take more, and it scared him. "Let me ask you something." Clark waited expecting some response from the man. His silence prompted Clark to continue. "I've felt what happens when you go through withdraw from this particular drug, and I only took one. I felt as though I was dead as if there was no reason to continue living, and you want me to take five more. What happens if a man goes through withdraw from five injections." The man turned his gaze away from Clark and toward the wall beside him. Clark stood patiently waiting as he took one more dose. "The others I told you about. The people who died in this experiment, did in fact die. In fact, you yourself are dead." The news did not startle Clark at all as he had already previously heard this from the voice. "You and the other fourteen are vampires. Not the kind from legends or myths, but you have similar tendencies, such as blood sucking and silver weakness, that give you the name vampire. Your mission from here until you die is to kill the other vampires because each of them have gone rouge, and have gone on their own never-ending quest for blood." He looked back at Clark "Those injections will give you enough time as a vampire to kill the others and then put you through your lethal withdraw. This drug was an accident and all of you have to die to bury that accident. I want to remind you that you signed a contract and that..."

"SHUT UP!!!!"

The man pulled his gun out immediately and aimed it at Clark. Clark simply laughed "I wanted to serve my country, and I will do that even if it means I must die. However," He picked up the remaining injections and threw them at the wall, watching it break and shatter. He turned back to the man "I will die with honor. I want to know when I die, so if you all have to give me cyanide or something i would appreciate it. For now," He ran around the man and because of his abilities the man probably didn't even notice him move till he found his gun no longer in his hand. Clark threw the gun into the corner, finding that it was completely made of silver and it had singed his hand. He tapped the man on the shoulder and the man responded by violently jumping out of his seat. "Can I leave now?" The man startled simply stared at Clark. Then after a couple minutes responded "Yes...yes, you go ahead knock twice and kick the door...I...I just need a minute. Go on to debriefing." Clark shrugged, knocked twice, and kicked the door, only to find he had accidentally kicked the door down. Several men pointed their weapons, firing immediately. Clark's reflex moved him back into the room as all of the bullets misfired. "Put down your weapons, it was an accident. We finally have a code blue." Clark, confused on the wording, walked out of the room to find several men embarrassed at their mistake. One man stepped forward and said "I'm very sorry. If there's anything we could ever do for you, please just ask." Clark smiled and responded "I would like to know where debriefing is." and the man chuckled slightly in response and stated "Of course, this way follow me.", and with that Clark walked away leaving the man alone. He went and retrieved his gun before pulling out a phone and dialing a number. "We have a code blue, but he didn't take all six. He took three." He was silent for a couple minutes then responded "Understood sir, I will have a strike force on standby when the time comes." He then hung up the phone and walked out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once more guys, I want to point out that fighting doesn't actually start till Chapter 4, so please look forward to action. I know it sounds action less (if that's even a word) now, but do read through to get to the epicness that is vampire battles.