Disenchanted

"You Won't Feel A Thing"

Kara walked around her room, throwing random outfits in her neon pink suitcase as she held her phone up to her ear. Her wavy black hair was tied in a knot on the top of her head.

"I'll be there to pick you up right after the concert." Frank promised from the other line.

Ever since sophomore year when Kara saved Frank from the bullies and almost got them both arrested, the two had been inseparable. Sure, Kara couldn't save Frank from all the bullies but she sure as hell tried.

After graduating, Frank went to university for a bit but ended up dropping out and joining My Chemical Romance along with Gerard and Mikey Way, Ray Toro and Bob Bryar.

"And I'll be waiting." Kara lied. She was actually having one of My Chemical Romance's body guards pick her up from the airport a few hours before Frank expected her to be. She was planning on surprising her best friends and his band mates and be able to watch the concert as well.

"I can't wait to see my best friend again! You're going to love L.A, I promise. It's a lot different than New Jersey." Frank grinned excitedly.

"I know! I can't wait to actually see you guys! I've missed you all so much!" Kara laughed as she zipped up her suitcase. She needed to be at the airport in around an hour, soon enough to go through security and baggage drop off.

"Ahem, but you're most excited to see your best friend, Frankie, right?" Frank drew out the word 'best.' Just to make sure the raven haired girl heard him.

Kara rolled her eyes, it's not like she could ever forget about Frank being her best friend. They've had so many memories together from filling water balloons with custard and pelting them at people on the streets, to dancing at banquets to sad songs with really no meaning.

"Of course, I'm most excited to see my bestie." Kara giggled, "Ray of course!"

She could practically see Frank pouting on the other line. She was now in her car with her phone in between her ear and shoulder as she sped to the airport.

"Hmpf! Maybe I won't pick you up from the airport." Frank stuck his nose in the air and scoffed. Kara rolled her brown eyes once again.

"Whatever, but I have to go! Love you!" Kara screamed obnoxiously loud as she reached the building.

"Hate you!" Frank replied in the same tone before Kara clicked her phone off. She knew he was only joking when he said that.

Kara took in an excited breath as she walking into the boring, brown building. The flight to L.A was pretty short and Kara couldn't wait to see the boys again. Frank would be so happy to see her at the concert and she was hoping to get there just before the concert started so she could say hi before they went on stage.

Soon enough, Kara found herself sitting at the gate, waiting for the plane to start boarding. She was sitting next to a fidgeting girl who was texting rapidly on her flip phone. Kara found herself quickly growing irritated but all the other seats were taken.

The flight to L.A wasn't so crowded, in fact, there were only about fifteen people on the plane at all, but there was a large flight leaving around the same time and it ended up filling up both gates.

"Flight 48, to Los Angeles, now boarding." the intercom buzzes and Kara nearly leapt in the air for joy. At least she would finally get away from this spastic girl!

Kara lined up at the gate and when it was her turn, handed the lady her passport and boarding pass. She watched as they scanned it before handing it back to her, "enjoy your flight."

"thanks." Kara smiled and started heading down the dimly lit tunnel to her plane. The spastic girl pushed past Kara, somehow managing to get passed the airport workers without giving them her passport.

When the girl bumped into Kara, she got a good smell of her greasy black hair.

Kara showed the flight attendants her boarding pass and they pointed down one of the aisles. "Seat 20 B, right down there."

Kara nodded and found her seat. She tucked her passport in the pocket in front of her and lay back, getting ready for a relaxing flight to L.A. She would finally be able to see her friends and catch up, maybe get to see a few things that make Los Angeles suck a great place.

"Er, th-that's my s-s-seat."

Kara opened one of her brown eyes to see it was the greasy girl whom she just couldn't seem to get rid of. She didn't respond at first, just staring straight into the girls black eyes to see if she was serious. There had to be a million other seats on the plane that she could take but she chose the one that was already taken?

"uh, alright?" It came out as more as a question. Kara stood up and grabbed her purse. She stood and walked a few rows back to where the girl couldn't possibly annoy her anymore if she tried.

"Miss, please buckle in your seatbelt, we're about to take off." The flight attendant told Kara once she was reseated. The girl nodded and for the second time, closed her eyes and started dreaming about what she was going to do once she was reunited with her best friend.

A jolting sensation sent Kara's brown eyes flying open. She hadn't even realized she had fallen asleep but she had woken to screams and the sound of a plane going down.

Parachutes! They must have some! Kara thought and unbuckled her seat belt. It probably wasn't the smartest thing in the world, considering she was in a crashing plane. But then again, she wasn't exactly thinking.

"Miss, get in your seat!" The flight attendant shrieked and Kara jolted forward. She had to get to the parachutes, she had to make it out alive. "Get in your seat, the plane is going down! Brace! Brace!"

All of the sudden, Kara's feet left the ground as the sound of ripping metal and screams filled the air. It was like slow motion as Kara watched everything happen.

A family in the front all jolted forwards, making their heads smash against the seats in front of them. A young business man actually ripped right out of his seat belt and flying into the air. He went flying around, knocking into the other passengers and plane walls.

The carry on compartment opened and a bag of golf clubs came flying out along with all the other bags. One club came flying forward and skewered the greasy girl who was sitting in Kara's seat. The club went straight through her face and the girl went limp immediately.

And then it was over.

Kara was laying on the plane floor with the smell of blood and death around her. Blood was soaking through her hair and her vision filled with spots.

'This is it. I'm sorry Frankie.' Kara thought as she closed her eyes. The last thing she remembered before complete darkness was the feeling of someone picking her up and carrying her out of the wreck.

Frank strummed the last chord of the song as the crowd erupted in cheers. A wide smile grew on his face as he heard the crowd chanting.

"Thank you L.A! We love you!" Gerard screamed before throwing the mic to the ground and running off stage. Frank followed and could still hear the screaming from behind him.

"That was insane! I'm never going to get used to that!" Ray grinned and took a swig from his water bottle. "I'm exhausted though, I'm going back to the hotel."

"I'm not!" Frank cheered, "I'm picking Kara up from the airport! George, where are my keys?"

George was one of MCR's body guards. He usually watched from back stage and made sure nobody tried sneaking in. "Frank, I need to talk to you."

"Can it wait? I need to go pick up Kar." Frank tried but stopped from leaving when he saw the look on George's face. It was a mixture of pain, sympathy and loss. "Wait, what's going on?"

"Kara got an earlier flight-" George started but cut off when Frank turned to the news report blaring in the background. "Frank, you need to listen!"

Frank muttered something not even he understood as he kept one eye trained on the news. It was about some freak plane accident. "I have to go George, Kara is-"

"Kara isn't coming, Frank." George interrupted and Frank froze. "Her plane crashed."

Frank whirled around to stare at the large man, "wh-what? No, she... There was a mistake!"

Frank was blubbering on, "She's at the airport!"

"Frank-"

"NO!" Frank screamed. All of his band mates who didn't know what was going on turned to him in surprise. "YOU'RE LYING!"

George didn't say anything, instead, he pointed to the television screen. Frank slowly turned to it to see that a news reporter was inside the crashed plane. Paramedics were rushing along, checking everyone's pulses before shaking their head sadly and giving the reporter a name from the passports.

They walked up to a girl, who's body was totally limp in the seat. The only thing holding her in the upright position was the golf club that impaled her, through her face.

The paramedics didn't even need to check the girls pulse, instead, they grabbed the passport tucked into the pocket of the seat in front of her and opened it.

"Kara Thompson."

Frank crumpled to the ground as hot tears started to spill from his eyes and smear the makeup on his face. "No, no, no, no, no!" he sobbed. "There was a mistake!"

Gerard immediately had his arms around Frank as his best friend thrashed around, trying to struggle to get free. Ray and Mikey joined Gerard in trying to hold down Frank as he screamed and sobbed.

"You're lying! You're all lying!" Frank screamed, "Let me go! I have to go!"

He had never felt a pain like this before. His heart had ripped in two and it felt like his entire body was going to collapse. There was no way, no possible way, that Kara was gone.

"She's not gone!" Frank cried and looked around for someone to believe him. To tell him it was all a sick joke and that Kara was waiting for him in the dressing room. Frank whirled around to Gerard and collapsed in his friends arms, "No, no, no."

"Sh, she's gone, Frank. She's gone..." Gerard whispered as he rubbed Franks shaking back. Sobs wracked his body as they slowly crumpled to the ground. "I'm so sorry."

"Please, no. Please tell me you're joking." Frank pulled away and looked straight into Gerard's eyes. "Tell me she's alive."

Gerard's stomach dropped. This was the hardest thing he ever had to do. "Frankie, Kara is dead."

With those last words, Frank shot up and before anyone could get a hold on him, the short guitarist raced away with his friends screaming his name in the background. Frank didn't stop though, his feet carried him away.

Out of the theatre, out of the parking lot. The farther he distanced himself, the faster he ran. Finally, when Frank was completely out of breath and ready to collapse, he finally stopped.

He was next to a pay phone, Frank ripped the phone off the hanger and inserting in a few coins, dialled a familiar number. A shaking voice answer, "Hello?" It was his mother.

"I-is she-" Frank whispered and a sob broke out on the other end of the line.

Gerard and Mikey found Frank three hours later, curled up under a pay phone with the phone dangling off the hook. His hazel eyes were open and staring at the unmoving pavement as slow tears continued to trickle down his face.

"Kara's gone."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hoped you enjoyed. Kind of a sad chapter :(