Echo

Meet Marzia (Prologue)

My dad was home watching football while I laid on his lap and trying to sleep. He was rubbing my hair softly to make go to sleep. I was holding my bunny bear tightly on my chest. I woke up in my bed, it was quiet. I got up and walked downstairs. "Daddy!" I said over and over. I couldn't find my dad at all. When I went in the office, then my dad come in covered in blood and holding a big knife covered in red. I was scared.

"Daddy! What Happened?!" I yelled while crying.
"The Jenkins aren't normal. They... They... are... sick or something?" My dad replied confused.
My dad grab and brought me outside to the car quickly. He put me in the car and slammed the door hard. Mrs. Jenkins came running trying to bite my dad. I yelled, "DADDY!!!!!" He cut her and he got in the car and started to drive really fast. He turned on the radio and it said,

"Breaking News! Many Citizens are attacking others from a rare virus maybe Bird Flu. The U.S. Army is making everyone go to the nearest bridge to get toward to the Navy Boats. But the President is saying everyone stay indoor and lock doors and cover door with something in your household and have a emergency kit too and a lot of food and supplies and probably wear gas masks, too. Others are going to the bridge instead of home but many are staying home until further notices." My dad turned the radio off. He look worried but kinda serious, too.

"Sweetheart! Please sit back and put on your seat belt, okay?"
"Okie dokie!"

We was almost to the bridge but we was stopped my traffic. I saw people running to the bridge and the cars were trying go to the bridge as fast as possible. Two men wearing doctor clothes run up to this car and many red splashed everywhere in the car. The car was shaking and I heard screams. My dad turned the car around and one of the men in red came and bump his head on the my window and I shrieked.

"It's okay sweetie! I'm trying to get out off here as fast as I can."
"Dad, What about the bridge? We have to got there. The lady said so!" I yelled nervously.
"Fuck it!" My dad yelled.

He drives the car really fast. He turned into the woods and he was losing control. Many leaves and sticks hit the car and made very loud noise that scared me even more. My dad was mumbling words and making "aah uh" noises. I covered my ears and screaming.
"SWEETIE PLEASE SHUT UP FOR A MINUTE OKAY! I KNOW YOU ARE SCARED!" yelled Daddy angrily but try to be nice. I couldn't at all. My mind told me to keep going but my mouth is trying stop. It was like a cat and dog fight.

The car had gray smoke coming out in the front. My dad's windows broke. He opened his door and grab me with one arm and throw me out of the car. I hit something and everything went black.

When I woke up, I saw something orange moving and my dad on the floor and getting up slowly. I hear my daddy calling me, "Marzia, Can you hear me? Are you okay, my sugar bunny?" I only could say "yeah." He pick me up and carry me though the woods. When my eyes went back to normal, I saw the car hit a tree and on fire and many gray smoke came out of it, too. My dad cover his face with shirt and he told me to cover my face, too. I did by buried in my dad's shirt because the smoke was smelly.

My dad's eyes got huge and tried to run with me in his hands. I turned my head and said a house that looked old. He put me down near the door and he grabbed a large stick. He walked inside slowly and said "Stay there!" I stayed. He went inside and called my name very loud. I went inside and saw many puddles, dripping sounds, birds chirping, holds on the ceiling, garbage, rats, many buggies, only items, mattresses, art on the walls, broken windows, glass, paint peeling, tires, old raggedy clothes, falling wood and metal, wood on the floor, a garage door that's half way open, vines, trees coming in, old rusty broken ladders, and it smelled like a sew kinda of.

"We are going to live here for now. Here take my backpack and try to sleep, I will be back as soon as possible for help, okay?"
"OK." I said nervously scared and quietly.

I fall to sleep and dreamed about Candy-land but I woke up to make sure Bunny was there and he was and dreamed again.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of 'The Last of Us' but my twist. This isn't copy at all! Thank You and Enjoy! ~ Sunny Moore (Skrilly101) ♥