A Surreal Life

Chapter Fifteen.

I didn't know how I felt telling Kayla about our date... I think I'll just tell her if it goes well. I tried to walk as normally as possible to my room to avoid my heart racing too much. I still couldn't believe what was happening. Does this means we're together? Or is it like just a first date that will determine the rest? I mean, he already kissed me, called me babe and he did say the it was to make things 'official' so I guess we're an item now?

I walked to my shoe closet to start my hunt for the perfect outfit. Yes I have two closets and yes I start with my shoes. Let's just say I'm kind of a shoeaholic. Whether they're high heels, flats, sandals, high top, ANYTHING! I just love them!

I finally chose something that was delicate that I had the perfect new dress to wear with. I spent the next hour trying to do something in my hair that pleased me but I could find anything pretty enough.

When I finally decided on a simple braid, leaving the rest if my hair loose, I started on my makeup. I'm the kind of girl who is fine with wearing no makeup in public but when I put some, sometimes it's all or nothing. Since I was wearing neutral colors, I went with a very natural makeup. Nothing too extravagant for tonight.

I had just finish putting on my babies (yes I'm talking about my shoes) when he knocked on my door and believe me, this time I didn't let him knock twice. I took a couple of breaths before I opened the door.

"Hey I'm here to pick up... Woah." Obviously he thought my roommate would open the door. I smiled shyly.

"I mean wow. You look absolutely stunning. Like wow."

My cheeks we're probably about as red as the firetruck it would take to extinguish them. I really wasn't used to getting compliments.

"You're even cuter when you blush." He leaned in and kissed my cheek.

It was cute how with every little gesture, he was shy because he didn't know if it was okay with it.

"Thank you. You clean up pretty well too Mr. Criss. "

I had absolutely no idea where that cockiness came from but by the way he smiled, he liked it. And me too.

"Are you ready to go beautiful?"

I think his grin was about as wide as the ocean... I really need to stop reading romantic novels; that was way too cheesy.

I nodded and he grabbed my hand, waiting for my reaction. When he saw I wasn't jerking away, he held on tighter and lead me to his car. Once we got in, I wanted to make something clear:

"Darren? I need to talk to you."

"What?" He said turning towards me in concern. "You're not breaking up with me already are you? What did I do wrong?"

My heart raced: he said 'break up' therefore we're together! I took a breath and told him what was on my mind:

"You see that's the problem. I know that you're only concerned about me but I feel like we are acting like little kids! It's making me more uncomfortable then otherwise. Please, just act like you would with a... an experienced girlfriend. If there's something wrong, don't worry, I'll tell you." I had grabbed his hand while speaking and I smiled to him warmly.

"Okay. I promise I'll act normal. I'm sorry."

"Hey! Don't be. I know you were doing it for me and it's the most considerate thing a guy has ever done for me." I kissed him on the cheek and said: "Now drive hotshot. I want to know where you're taking me." I winked at him.

I was expecting him to take me to a fancy restaurant or something so imagine my surprise when we drove all across town to go towards the farmer lands.

"Darren, where are we going exactly?" I was getting worried that I wore the wrong dress. And the wrong shoes.

"Don't worry honey, we'll be there in 5 minutes." He took his eyes off the road half a second to look at me. That half a second warmed my heart like an hour.

We pulled up in the driveway of a lonely home.

"Darren are you taking me to meet your grandma or something?" I think I was even more panicked at that thought then when we crossed town.

"Hahaha!" He laugh warmly. "No silly! We're just parking here! We still have a little bit of walking to do."

He taped my nose playfully before he got out and rushed to my side to open my door.

"Milady." He offered me his hand to help me get out. I giggled. He was too cute.

He lead me to the field and when he continued walking forward, I held him back by the hand.

"Why didn't you tell me that I shouldn't be wearing heals? There's no way I can walk through that with these!" I said accusingly, pointing my finger at my cute shoes.

"Well in that case..." He said moving his body closer to mine.

Suddenly, my feet were not touching the ground anymore.