Status: Comments=Love (Update at least once a week)

Kissing in Cars

A Day to Remember

My feet were plopped on the dashboard as I laughed at Mickey’s impression of our 9th grade math teacher. I was glad she took the convertible this time, I love having the wind blow through my hair. Naturally Pierce the Veil was blaring through the Bose speaker system. I wore her old ray bans aviators, singing along to the boys like I am always compelled too. My hands were in the air as I sing on the top of my lungs. I always feel free in moments like this, when we aren't even attached to a specific state. The feeling of not belonging to just one place was just as sad as it was liberating for me. I wonder if the boys feel like this on tour and smile to myself at the thought of being somehow united with them by this feeling.

The sun was setting and we were still an hour away from New York, since we spent the day goofing off in Philly. It was a great day but I was looking for something to make my blood rush. So I sat up on the window ledge and lean out, the cars zooming past us honking angrily. Mickey laughs for a moment then starts freaking out, since driving already makes her nervous. She pulls at my leg and drags me back into my seat. I am laughing so hard even though all of me knows it was more dangerous than funny. Mickey shuts off the music and scowls at me.

“What the hell Lei?”

My laughter is cut short with the silence and sanity sets back in, “Sorry Kay, you know the boys make me feel crazy.”

“You are crazy.” She rolls her eyes at me.

I roll my eyes at her and shift in my seat, I faced the landscape. I didn't want to look at her, since her words stung slightly. She knew how I felt about the how crazy thing, I was always scared that those words were really true. I folded my arms on the car door and rested my head on them, fighting the urge to day dreaming about the boys. My constant, yet unhealthy, escape from everyday life. I closed my eyes feeling the wind wiping around my hair, the air pushing against my ear eradicating the silence from the car. Mickey poked me in the back as hard as she could. She wasn't going to let me mope a moment longer.

“I hear there is a black light paint party going on in the City, do you want to go?”

I faced her with a big grin on my face; of course I want to go. She could tell just from my facial expression alone, she just laughed and pushed her foot harder down on the gas. This is why she is my best friend, well that and many other reasons. We may have met at school but we bonded at a paint party. We had been invited to the same one in fourth grade and couldn't stop making fun of the girls who didn't want to get paint on them. I mean why show up then right? That is kind of the whole point, after that we couldn't stop hanging out. That's why we went to our first concert together.

A little history on Mickey and I: We were in the same class since kindergarten. Mickey was always a rebel since her parents we rich-snoby-types and she didn't want to fit into that mold. I am sure that meeting me didn't help; I lived with my grandmother, a woman who in old age stayed rebelling against everything she could. She had followed the Beatles in the sixties had my dad at 19 and took him on her travels. She swears that Ringo Starr is his dad, which I am sure is not true. Anyway my dad ran away, got my mom pregnant and showed up with baby me two year later. We were both on her stoop in tears and my grandmother took us in. Grandma cared for us until he died at the age of 24, after a protest had gone wrong. I never knew who my mom was, so naturally I had the wounded-rebel-girl thing going on. I was ‘a bad influence’ on Mickey, according to her parents anyway. I don't buy that for a second, she had that-bad-girl gleam in her eyes from day one. Anyway, enough with the back story on us, time for me to get back to the present.

She drove into an underground garage of the hotel. She kept gave me a mischievous grin, while pulling into a spot.

“Time to party!” She pulled her bag from the trunk and we walked to the elevator. “We have to change first, so let’s hurry to daddy’s suite so we can find the perfect clothes to get splattered with paint in!”

“Why do we need to have the perfect clothes to get messed up in?” I roll my eyes at her.

“It’s a girl thing which means you wouldn't understand.” She sticks her tongue out at me.

The night was blissful, who doesn't have a great time with paint. I laughed so hard while I had neon green thrown into my hair, the black light making us all glow. The music really just background noise to laughter and the screams of reluctant girls. After an amazing night we climbed into our hotel beds with our clothes on to leave paint stains on the white sheets. Which I am sure we could get into trouble for if her daddy didn't own a share of this hotel stocks. She fell asleep blissfully while I was up for a while haunted by the thoughts of Vic. The way he his lips move as he sings, the passion that causing goose bumps bloom on my arm. I pouted; knowing that the thought of me never meeting him will lead to other thoughts, the ones I hate to even began to ponder. I put my pillow over my head and take a deep sigh. I let my thoughts trail to a blank empty room, so I can start the processing of building the perfect dream. It’s the only way for me to fall asleep.

I woke up to Mickey blasting Pierce the Veil dancing in her booty short merch from the band. I giggled and grabbed a Vic standee, which I never left home without, so I could dance with him. She was talking about how she was going to make Tony swoon tonight at the show. She shimmed and winked at me while putting on her storm trooper helmet. After goofing off before the crack of dawn we decided to time to go. We head out to get on line and wait to see the bands. It was five am when we got there, so we were the very first in line. We ogled and screamed when the boys walked in some hours later. Vic looked at me and smiled, making my legs quiver a bit. I fight my animal like urges to lunge at him, as he walks into the venue. I was so happy, I was always happy when I was here with them. I knew that to them I was just another face, another screaming voice but to us they meant so much. Adam waved at us with a big smile and headed inside. Which of course caused Mickey and I to flip out.

Like every show, this one was amazing, they left me breathless. I love the music, the crowd, and being here with my best friend. Everything about these moments were so perfect, I would never trade them for a thing. After the show we lagged around, Mickey chatted up some cutie who had eyes for her the whole night. Before security kicked us out they exchanged numbers. We walked out at the same time as Tony, I watched him walk down the block with Mickey trailing after him. I knew she wanted meet him so badly but would never want to invade his privacy, so she pouted as he briskly walked away. She gave me a sad shrug and pointed as Mike ran into a cab, with Vic trailing behind a few moments later.

“Next time,” I watch Vic climb into a cab and smile sadly, “next time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter you to get to know the girls a little better. Soon it will get more interesting, just laying the ground work. ♥ Comment, Sub, and Recommend

*Title is a band name so they get the credit lol