Status: Comments=Love (Update at least once a week)

Kissing in Cars

Picking up the Pieces

I paced the living room for the hundredth time in the past hour. My thoughts fixed on making sure Mickey and I stay safe. The boys were being great to us, as supporting as their music always proves to be. Tony never let Mickey out of his sight for too long while Vic, Mike and Jaime took turns hovering over me. Right now they all sat on the couch, helplessly watching me pace. At least I had stopped mumbling to myself, there is always a slivering lining. Mickey finally pulled me on the couch when she couldn't take it anymore. She signed to me, can we pretend to be normal and okay, at least for today? How could I say no to that? I could use a day off from stress and the constant thinking I had been doing since Grands death. Plus Grands would hate me behaving like this; I was bringing shame to her memory. I simply nodded and leaned my body against the couch.

I was really unsure of what to do next. I knew that Vic had invited us to go to warped tour with him, to meet some friends. That’s three days from now though, what do we do now? I don’t really want to watch movies, and I am not in a mood to be seen with these guys yet. All it takes is one fan picture for Duncan to know where we are and who we are with. I mean he must know the band we follow around by now, right? Yet somehow a part of me doubted it. Duncan was never a bright kid; he was purely brawn and the connection guy. I doubt he went into my house before burning it. In fact if he was still the same, someone else did his dirty work. I don’t have a Facebook or any social network site for that matter; I don’t have time for one. So I can’t be easy to track that way, and Mickey doesn’t have one either, says those things give her the full on creeps. So maybe he didn’t know about Pierce the Veil yet, but I am sure if he asks around he will find out we love them. Either way it was only a matter of time.

I was sitting on the couch chewing my bottom lip while Mickey asks the guys about things to do. I forced myself not to get lost in that dark train of thought and focus on the moment. I mean I am sitting on Vic Fuentes’ couch in San Diego. That’s still a pretty big deal, Grands would be so proud of us. I thought to myself 'what would Grands do in a moment like this?' So I got up and squeezed myself into the space between Mike and Vic. I put my head on Vic’s shoulder, and probably due to instinct, he started stroking my hair. I smiled because I knew Grands would want me to, and stayed put. I mean, I am living not only my dream, but the dream of every fan girl out there. So I snuggled in a bit closer and he lifted me onto his lap. Mickey and Tony were making out in the love seat that they somehow ended up in. So, Jaime laughed and pulled Mike so he could pick up some pizzas and a few chick flicks and comedies. He said he could use the extra help. Oh and we would need some beer, of course. They both left, and then I felt a strange tension spread in the air.

I was curled into a ball on Vic’s lap while he soothed me, probably afraid I was going to cry again. I really wanted to cry but I refrained, just enjoying that fact that Vic was holding me. It was pretty silent in his place, the only sounds were of those two kissing and our breathing. I couldn't take it anymore so I smiled at Vic before I got up, and grabbed my iPod.

“It’s too quite.” I said sitting down next to him on the couch, not daring to get back into his arms.

“Yeah,” he stared at me for a second before smiling. “Did you plan on listening to us?”

“Pretty much,” I giggled.

“Well I can give you that without the IPod.”He walked out of the room and reentered with his acoustic guitar. “Any requests Lei?”

“Can you play Bulletproof Love? It was my Grands favorite.” I pulled my knees into my chest.

“Sure.” He smiled then started to sing.

I was rendered breathless. Here I was, getting a private concert from Vic. He was singing to me, for me. My heart was pounding and my hands started to sweat, this was such a beautiful moment. I would never forget this, I knew that much. Grands never forgot a second she spent following The Beatles, so I knew I wouldn’t forget a second I spent with my boys. I listened to his perfect voice, accompanied by perfect playing and sighed. I have adored Vic from a far from so long I felt as if this was where I belonged forever. Right here in his place, which him singing to me. He must have noticed my reaction because he laughed a bit.

“You look like your love sick.” His words caused a blush creep up my face.

“Well your voice is just so…” I cleared my throat, “well for lack of a better and more original word, perfect.”

“Thanks.” That’s when he leaned over and ran the tips of his fingers on my cheek. “That means a lot to me especially from such a dedicated fan. Who I hope I will be able to refer to as friend, after all we have been through together.”

“Of course Vic.” I smiled at him, on the inside I was doing a dance.

When the guys got back I forced myself to eat some pizza. We watched a few cheesy love story movies before the guys couldn’t take it anymore. So we switched to comedy, I laughed at all the right lines and forced another slice down when it seemed appropriate. I drank a beer in hopes it would relax me, and get my mind off of the grief that is eating me up on the inside. After three beers, I felt relaxed enough to enjoy myself a bit. When the moment felt right, I grabbed Vic’s hand, and to my pleasure, he didn’t move out of my grip. Instead he intertwined our fingers, and pulled me closer to him. One by one we all fell asleep watching movies. So when I woke up the next morning, I was sort of shocked to wake up still wrapped in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keep showing me love :)