Sequel: Only Pity
Status: Yet another drabble type story

Red Lipstick

There are three rules that must be followed

The aftermath of Harry finding out had effect the three of them very differently.

Una went home from the party and just sat on her bed staring at the wall blankly. She couldn’t figure out how things got so messed up. She also couldn’t figure out how she let herself get so tangled up in Harry and Niall. She sat in her bed lost in her thoughts until about midnight when she finally fell asleep.

Harry stormed off to his room after he found out. He just abandoned the party, he couldn’t stand the thought of being in the same room as Niall any longer. He was so hurt by both of them that he just wanted to be alone. He knew they slept together before they knew that he knew both of them, but he was still hurt that he found out the way he did. He was also hurt that Una couldn’t say that she didn’t have feelings for Niall. Harry made the decision pretty much on the spot that he liked Una too much to give up on her. That he was going to fight Niall for her, and he planned on winning.

Niall stayed in the kitchen for a little replay everything that had just happened. He knew he should probably back off and tell Harry that he’s sorry and that he could have Una, but then there was this strong part of him that couldn’t do that. He thought he just as much right as Harry did to be Una. So he planned on fighting for her.

As the night ended they all three laid in their separate beds replaying in there brain what had happened. Una wouldn’t admit it to anyone because she feared it would make people think she’s weak, but a small amount of tears slid down her pale cheeks. Harry fought the desire to call Una. He wasn’t sure what he would say, but he just wanted to hear her voice. Niall stared at the ceiling scared that he might have ruined his friendship with one of his best friends.

****

Una woke up in the morning wishing that the night before had been a horrible dream. She crawled out of bed and grabbed her cell phone and was shocked to see that she had a text from both Harry and Niall. Her stomach twisted in knots as she thought about what they both could of texted her.

Harry:
I meant it when I said I was going to fight for you. Can I see you today?


Una felt strange about the fact that Harry seemed to be okay this morning. She didn’t expect Harry to want to see her for a few days, so the fact that he wanted to see her tomorrow shocked her. She didn’t reply instead she opened up Niall’s message to see what he had to say to her.

Niall:
I’m sorry that Harry found out. I will would still like to have a real chance with you.


Una wasn’t sure what she should really say to either of them. She bit her lips trying to figure out what she needed to say. She wondered if she could date both of them to see who she liked more, or if she should just not see either of them and try to move on why she still could. She knew moving on was probably best, because the last thing she needed was the press finding out about this. She thought that if it was possible she needed to talk to both Niall and Harry, but she didn’t know if either of decided to text Harry telling he could come over whenever he wanted. She wasn’t sure what was going to happen he came over, but she knew she needed to see him.

****

Niall was lying on his couch in the middle of the room staring at TV that was on the wall across from him. He had been laying there an hour before there was a knock on the front door. He got up not exactly sure who was at the front door. He looked through the peep hole and was shocked to see Harry there. Niall hesitantly opened the door expecting Harry to deck him the moment the door was fully open.

“We need to talk,” Harry said walking passed Niall right into his flat.

“Yeah,” Niall said still unsure what exactly what was going happen.

Harry paced the living room for about thirty seconds before he finally spoke again. “I thought about this for a while, and if we are both going to fight for Una there needs to be rules,” Harry stated as he looked over at Niall who seemed to be trying to keep a safe distance from Harry.

“Erm that probably a good idea,” Niall said unsure of what rules Harry planned on making.

“Rule number one neither of us are allowed to shag Una until she’s made her choice,” Niall fought the urge to smirk at the fact that he had already shag her not once but twice. “Rule number two is play fair, no sabotaging each other,” Harry said running his fingers through his curly brown hair. He couldn’t believe that he was actually having to make these rules with one of his best friends. “Rule three no matter who Una picks we have to stay friend. We been through too much to let a girl ruin it.” Harry was right the two of them had been through too much to let a girl get between them. “I won’t let this ruin what we’ve achieved in One Direction.”

“Okay sounds good to me,” Niall said putting his hand out for Harry to shake.

“Now that this is settled I’m going to go see Una,” Harry said with a slight smirk. He couldn’t help but happy about the fact he was going to be the first person to see Una since him and Niall agreed to fight for her.

“I’ll talk to you later,” Niall said awkwardly as Harry walked out of his flat.

Harry walked outside straight to his car. He was glad that Una only lived a short distance away. When he arrived at Una’s building Harry couldn’t help, but feel a little nervous. He wasn’t sure how Una was going to feel about him and Niall competing for her. He walked inside and quickly hit the lift button.

Harry got out of the elevator and walked toward Una’s flat. He knocked on the door and waited silently with his large hands in his gray skinny jeans pockets as he stared at the blue carpeted floor. He looked up when he heard the door open. Una stood there with a nervous look on her face. Harry was slightly shocked to see her with no make-up on and her dark brown hair on top of her head in a messy bun.

“Hey,” Una said giving him an awkward wave.

“Can I come in?” Harry asked with his hands still in his pockets.

“Yeah,” Una said as she stepped aside signaling for Harry to come in.

Harry walked in and went over and stood by the couch as he waited for Una to join him. “Well this is quite awkward,” Una said pulling on the sleeves of her jumper.

“It doesn’t have to be,” Harry said reaching over and grabbing her hands. “I’m sorry for yelling at you last night. It was all just a lot for me to take in, and I know that you and Niall didn’t know that you both knew me.” He swallowed deeply as he stared into her blue eyes. “I meant what I said when I’m going to fight for you.” Una couldn’t believe that he had just apologized to her.

“Harry I honestly don’t want to be the reason you and Niall aren’t friends.”

“You won’t be. I talk to Niall before I came over here and we agreed to have some ground rules,” Harry said hoping that Una wouldn’t slap him at the mention of them making rules.

Una kind of just stared at him strangely before she finally asked “what would those rules be?”

“Neither of us are allowed to sleep with you and we have to play fair,” he held his breath after he said the final word, because he really thought Una might slap him this time.

“Okay… I think that’s kind of strange that you two think you can decide who I sleep with, but I guess I understand,” she said trying her best to under where they’re coming from.

“So I think we should pick up exactly where we were before all this happen,” Harry said as his lips moved closer to hers. Una didn’t say anything she just pressed her lips to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been forever, but I'm alive.

Who are you guys rooting for Niall or Harry???