Status: One and Done

Every Time I See You

I Want You Here

I miss you. I need you. I want you.

I love you so much, I can't wait to be with my fiance again.

Those are the types of text Amy receives everyday from her fiance, Rick Nash. She lives back in their hometown, Brampton, Ontario but when they finally tie the knot she is going to live with him in New York. They skype, call, and text every second they can, but it definitely isn't the same from actually seeing someone in person. They love each other, but Amy can feel Rick slipping from her fingers after every morning.

Sometimes she wants to break things off with him, but she just can't bring herself to do it. She loves him with all her heart, but sometimes when you love someone, you're suppose to let them free. That's the saying, right?

When she dials that phone to call him, then he answers and his voice is filled with lust, she's crashing back to earth and realizing breaking up with him isn't what she wants. She just needs to see him more. She knows he's faithful, that's not what she's worried about -even though that's what her friends accuse her of everytime- she's just.. homesick. Rick is her rock, he always has been since they met at the age of ten. He was always her world.

When they were ten years old they met at school, where Amy had just moved there from Boston and was getting teased about her 'accent' she had. Rick thought the accent she had was interesting so he basically took her under his wing and from there the friendship blossomed. Then when Rick was fourteen he got a girlfriend, and Amy was immediately replaced. She would distance herself from him, but soon Rick realized it was because of his girlfriend and broke up with her. To be with Amy. In their junior year, Rick asked her to homecoming. Amy thought it was just because neither of them had a date, but when Rick kissed her that night she was proven wrong. The two dated for the the rest of high school, but after high school Rick took on his hockey career while Amy stayed in Brampton for college.

They were an on and off again couple for nearly five years. After Amy finished her schooling to be a nutritionist she went to Columbus to see Rick. The couple was finally happy and normal for the time they lived together. Rick asked her to marry her the season before he was traded. Of course she said yes.

Amy moved back to Brampton when Rick moved to New York because she wanted to also get her bachelor degree. This time though they stayed strong and are still strong.

Image


Rick buttoned up his white dress shirt then slipped on his shoes. They had a game in Washington for game five. The Rangers were currently tied 2-2 so this game was crucial for the momentum in the series.

He arrived at the rink with the rest of the team and quickly made his way to the locker room where he changed into warm-up clothes. Rick ran through the hallways and did stretches to occupy him from reaching over to his phone and text Amy. The guys teased him quite a bit about how in love he was with her, since a lot of them didn't even have a girlfriend.

Soon he had to get geared up and go out to skate for pre-game warm-ups. Torts came in the locker room to talk to the players before they hit the ice for a playoff game.

Rick rubbed his hand over his face and then through his sweat soaked hair. They had just lost in overtime and it totally killed the vibe they all had before the game started. Everyone mumbled a good game to each other as they started to leave and get on the bus. Rick had to talk to Coach in private though.

After taking a quick shower he ran to where all the coaches were standing outside the locker room door.

"Hey John can I speak to you?"

"Yeah of course," he nodded his head and led the way down the hallway. "What is it, Rick?"

"I was wondering if I would be able to fly out to Brampton tomorrow to see Amy. I haven't really seen her in a while and we only have a practice tomorrow night."

"Well," he rubbed his chin and looked down. "You can, but your missing a very important practice. Though maybe seeing her might bring up your game."

Rick laughed then shook his hand. "Thanks Torts. I promise to score a goal next game then."

After a short fight back to New York, Rick ditched the team and went to the terminal that was going to Brampton. He tapped his foot impatiently and checked his watch about every ten seconds. After it was announced that the flight would be twenty minutes late due to bad weather up in Canada, he decided to go change into sweatpants and a sweatshirt in the airport bathroom, no matter how unsanitary it was. Once he was in a blue Rangers hoodie and black pants and also bought some popcorn on the way back, they plane was finally boarding.

He purchased his ticket late so he was one of the last to board. His seat was next to an old lady who was reading some book by the time he sat down. Rick smiled politely at her and pulled out his phone to turn it off. Her grey hair was short and curly, and her nails were painted a light pink. She was bundled in a blanket that she had brought on with her. Rick scanned the cover of the novel.

"Twilight? I heard that those books are pretty good, but I've never brought myself to read them," he admitted.

"Oh, yes! This is a wonderful saga. My granddaughter actually told me to read these, so here I am."

Rick smiled at her, but didn't know what really else to say as the plane made it's way through the sky. It was around an hour later when the lady spoke up again.

"So are you going to visit a lover?"

He chuckled and nodded, "I am. She lives up here and I live in New York."

Her heart swooned and she placed her hands over her heart. "Long distance is the cutest. How long have you been together?"

"I've known her since we were kids. She's actually my fiance now."

Rick thought she was going to ask him to marry her granddaughter or something because she went on and on about how Lily, the granddaughter, has never found anyone as sweet as Rick was being. Rick also learned that she was living in New York as well and was twenty-five.

The plane landed and Rick extended his hand to the women. "It was nice talking to you. Oh and I know someone who would be perfect for your granddaughter. His name's Derick Brassard. I'll give you his number if you would like."

Before exiting he wrote the number down on a napkin and gave it to her. Now he just needed to remember telling Derick that he set him up with someone.

Image


"Oh, don't tell me your thinking that again," Rachel sighed and buried her head in her hands. "Why do you always think like this? Your wedding is this summer you know."

"I think I know when my wedding is Rach. I just miss him," Amy twirled the ring on her finger around. "I haven't seen him since the season ended, and now there's playoffs." She sighed and leaned against the side of the dressing room door.

"We're out shopping for bridesmaid dresses and you're here saying you don't want to get married," Rachel chuckled, causing the other three girls with them to laugh too.

"I never said I didn't want to get married! I just said I miss Rick."

"We know you do," another friend, Christine, joked and pretended to imitate what Amy sounds like.

Everyone thought it was funny and it definitely loosened the tension that was in the air a few minutes ago. A couple hours later they were heading back to their cars after a long day of shopping. The other girls were going out to a bar for a few rounds and asked Amy if she wanted to come with, but she refused and said that a nice long bath was calling for her.

The house was quiet and dark like it always was everyday. Amy walked up the stairs to her bathroom and turned on the faucet to the bath. Yes, this was exactly what she need.

Her phone buzzed in the back pocket of her jeans. She sighed and slid it out.

Hello beautiful. Missing you<3 -Rick

I miss you too baby, I went dress shopping today for the bridesmaids. -Amy

I bet the dresses were gorgeous. But do you know what will look even better? You in a fancy white wedding dress. -Rick

Amy didn't get anytime to respond, for another text buzzed.

Knock knock. Who's there? Oh, it's just me. -Rick

Amy stared at the phone for a couple seconds, curious to what that text even ment. Before she could question him, someone knocked on the front door. She yelled a quick, "coming!" Then hurried down the stairs.

To lazy to look through the peephole, she swung open the door. Rick stood with a giant smile on his face, happy to see his fiance. Amy squealed and jumped on him. He reacted quickly, having her legs wrap around his waist as he held her in place. He pulled away far enough to place his lips on hers.

"I've missed you so much, oh my god," Rick said into her mouth as he placed her on the kitchen counter, the closest place there was.

She hummed and placed small kisses on his neck. Finally pulling away she asked, "why are you here?"

Rick laughed, "don't want to see me?"

"No, of course I do! I'm just worried that you won't get enough rest for your game tomorrow."

He looked at her and placed a quick kiss on her lips. "Stay right here, I'll be back."

Thirty seconds later he returned with one of his hands behind his back. He then whipped the roses into view. Amy gasped at the beautiful flowers. Rick took one of them out of the bouquet and put one on her ear. He placed his hands on her waist and looked into her eyes then he let go spun around.

"I'm so tense, rub my back?" He whined like a little kid.

Amy chuckled and nodded her head, starting to massage and rub the knots out of his back and shoulders.

"You interrupted my bath, ya know."

Rick laughed, "I'm sure this is better than any bath."

A couple minutes later Amy sighed and wrapped her arms around his shoulders loosely. She rested her chin on his left shoulder and took in a breath of his scent. It was moments like this that always relaxed both of them. Being with each other was always the best time of their lives, no matter what they were doing.

"Our kids are going to look adorable," Amy said randomly.

"They are," he agreed. "Little Mike and Megan."

"Mike and Megan? That's not what we agreed on!" She laughed then continued. "I thought it was going to be Wyatt and Senia."

Rick scrunched up his face slightly. "Um, no. How about we name our boy Wyatt and our girl Megan."

"You don't like the name Senia?" She gasped and moved her head to look at his face. "I love the name it's just so... elegant," she waved her hand in the air in a flowing way.

"Okay fine, you can name the kids."

"And you can name the dogs."

Rick barked out a laugh and shook his head. "That's so fair isn't it?" He could feel when Amy nodded her head against his. "Well," he sighed. "We shouldn't waste that bath now, should we?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first ever contest entry, so I hope I didn't disappoint or anything! I'm also not great at all romantic things, but oh well?

I hope you enjoyed this though!