Path to Darkness

There was one

Only a God could be so cruel. You're not so sure that's right, now that you think about it. Man is very cruel. But then just a skimming through the Old Testament or Greek lore could tell one that Gods are as well. Maybe the Gods are crueler, when taken into consideration what their Holy Men do. Rape, torture, "Cleansing", holy crusades. Yes, religion is a rather violent and bloody thing.

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned." You're sitting in a confessional, doing something you never thought you would: regretting. It's been eating at you for years now. So much blood. Did they really deserve it? "What is this sin, my son?" The priest says. You take a breath, you should be scared. "423. That's the number of people I've killed father." You thought that was a high number back then. It isn't so much so now. Maybe if you had gone to a different priest, at a different church, then he might have stopped you. Might have killed you then and there. You're glad you didn't. You walk into the chamber underneath the church. You can hear the screams echoing off the stone walls. "You're a natural, my son." More blood hits the floor. More screams. You can feel the excitement bubbling up inside you. Of course they deserved it! Just like this heathen does. Another turn of the wheel. This sinner. The crunch of bones snapping. This demon worshipper. More screams. This devil-child. "PLEASE STOP! NO!" The child screams. You smile a bit wider. "Now take this, my son, and do what feels right with it." The priest says. He hands you a metal, pear-shaped object with spikes on the end, and a knob on the top. You twist the knob and the wooden part expands. You turn to the young girl, and shove it roughly up her vagina. More screams. You crank the knob with a rhythm. Slow, fast, close it slightly, fast, repeat. While one hand was working the pear, your other grabs a needle. You put it next to her strapped down head and lined up the needle with her ear. Within seconds you had punctured her eardrum. Not long after that the screaming stopped. You turned to the priest with blood stained arms and a grin just a tad too big. "My dear Father..." You wonder why you stayed with the church after that. You could have easily run off. You were dreaming, you had to be. You were standing above God and Lucifer, looking down on them through something like a glass floor. There was another being as well. You can't call it a human. But it was large and humanoid, other than that it was continuously changing in form. A fang would appear, only to move and grow into a horn a second later. Eyes vanished and reappeared. More than once, part of it melted or turned to gas. The two looked like they were cowering before It, as bravely as they could. "You will stop this." the voice came from everywhere. It turned Its face to you, and you cut your arm on something in your hurry. To get to It or away, you don't think you'll ever know. It had to have been a dream. You must have cut your arm on something else. You still don't know where you were trying to go in that vision. You think you killed the Pope after that. Ah, how much the church taught you before you turned on them. What happy days.

The man in the doorway walks forward. You think he might be the being you saw in your vision. That thought is defeated when he speaks. "I've been waiting for you."
♠ ♠ ♠
For a picture of the pear, go here http://timbizo.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/pear-of-anguish1.jpg