Status: Completed

When Fates Collide

11.

Melina awoke to the sound of chirping. At first she thought she was dreaming; she never heard birds in the city. She pushed off the blanket and realized she wasn’t in her bed and shot up. Without fail her head sudden felt like it got hit by a frying pan and her body felt like she ran into a brick wall. She was in a large room with a curtain around her bed. She could see the shadows of something beyond her safe space.

Panicking she stumbled to the curtain, gripping it as sharp pain seared through her being. There was a shout as the curtain ripped from its rings and Melina fell to the ground. The pain was so great that she didn’t realize that people were rushing around. Someone picked her up only to be pushed away by Melina. There was a clatter as the person fell into a side table knocking everything onto the floor.

Melina backed up as three men clad in black veils slowly approached her. Her back brushed against another curtain. She stepped further back, her foot caught on the curtain and she fell against it pulling the curtain down and stumbling backwards until she landed on a bed.

“Melina! There you are!” Cuffed to the bed was Brian. He had bruises covering his face and trailing under his gown. He tried to get up but the cuffs limited his movement.

“Brian,” Melina crocked out. Her throat was dry and scratchy. One of the veiled men went to grab her but she saw it coming and ducked under the bed, only to fall on her butt and the pain rocketed through her body again.

“Leave her alone! Don’t hurt her!” Brian shouted, pulling at his cuffs to help.

Melina watched wide eyed as a wall of a veiled man appeared by Brian, gently pushing him on the chest. Brian tried to struggle against the hand but only succeeded in wearing himself out. He ended up falling against his bed panting in exhaustion.

“If we wanted to hurt her, we would have already,” said the man behind Brian. His voice was a deep rumble comparable to thunder. Melina was in shock and couldn’t comprehend what he had said. However, her mind wasn’t giving her time to comprehend as two arms pulled her up.

The hand loosely held her steady, but Melina was still in attack mode. She spun around, acquiring another douse of pain but bearable. She came face to face with a veiled man with grey eyes, the same man she saw at Curo.

She raised her fist to hit him only to have him grab her wrist, wrapping his large hand around her scar. His hand was so large that it covered her scar completely. However her eyes caught his sleeve fall, revealing his device. It was at 00:00:00:00 and it was flashing. Melina’s heart skipped a beat, and her legs gave out. Grey Eyes sweep her up into his arms.

In all the time since her device had been gone she never imagined that her someone was out there waiting for her. Grey Eyes was still veiled but her eyes noticed a pair of gloves peeking out of his pocket. It was the same pair that had stopped the dragger. Her mind relived the moment at the Outer Building, he nodded. Her mind light up as she realized…

“You knew,” she whispered. She was a little breathless.

“Yes.” His voice was gruff; the sound reminded her of a great forest. She couldn’t restrain herself, she put her head into his neck and breathed in his scent, just like his voice he smelled like great tree in the depths of the a forest. His arms tightened against her.

“You got to be kidding me. Melina is this guy you’re other?” Brian asked. Melina pulled her head away from Grey Eyes and looked over her shoulder at Brian and smiled. Brian’s eyes bugged out. “But he’s a Mosdan, a Flux Mosdan at that.”

Before Melina could speak the veiled wall spoke. “Is something wrong with that?” The man pulled up his sleeve and showed Brian his Device. The words Brian was going to say caught at the back of his throat, making his eyes bug out even more.

Melina wrinkled her forehead in confusion. Then she smiled, as the veiled man turned his hand and caressed Brian’s cheek. The man was a giant and looked rough but he was as gentle as a doe.

Brian sank back into the bed, trying to get out the veiled man’s touch. He quickly turned his wrist and gasped at his Device; it read 00:00:00:00. The veiled man chuckled deep and resonating. He caressed Brian’s cheek again, this time Brian didn’t flinch or back away he actually leaned into the touch before he realized what he was doing and pulled back.

Melina laughed. For some reason she felt extremely giddy, which she shouldn’t be feeling. Both Brian and she were in enemy Territory, which neither of them should know the location to. Then with the knowledge that they were attacked by a third party and they didn’t know who it was should’ve been unnerving and it was but Melina couldn’t focus on that. At that moment she was with someone she thought an impossible possibility, yet here he was.