Status: Completed

When Fates Collide

12.

When the Device first came into effect people were very hesitate at the thought of meeting some random person and instantly falling in love with them. Well the fears of the citizens were put to the test and it was chaos.

The first generations were the worst. Soul mates were meeting and weren’t satisfied with their biological match. The laws were strict in the beginning because of meager population level. Law enforcement and the government made it illegal to fornicate with anyone that wasn’t their Soul mate.

It led to domestic abuse. It was so ingrained in people to mistrust anyone and everyone that they had a hard time letting people in. Violence was everywhere. Population levels were meeting an all-time low. It got worse before it got better. Then that the world fell apart.

In the aftermath was then the creation of the Territory’s developed. With the world rebirthed, people looked differently at finding their Soul mates. People felt differently about knowing that they could be the last of human kind; they developed acceptance.

More and more the human body changed to accommodate the Device. The most drastic change was in the human pheromones. Once the Device on one person’s arm synced with the Device on the others they released potent pheromones of attraction. Even without the Device the Soul mate’s Device would recognize the organic residue. There was a guarantee that the two wouldn’t dislike each other.