Status: Completed

When Fates Collide

13.

Things happened quickly. Apparently both the men were brothers, the Hue brothers, and had a null on the more isolated part of the hidden meadow with the rest of the Warrior Mosdan. Within two days Brian and Melina were removed from the Medical Facility and moved into their home.

Melina felt strange being carried bridal style into the null. It reminded her to much of wedding traditions. But she felt even worst for Brian. She leaned back against Grey Eye’s, Saul’s, arm and watched Brian being carried the same way by Conrad.

A giggle slipped out of her mouth. Brian immediately stopped his futile struggling and whipped out a glare for her. “Giggle again, I dare you.” His comment only made Conrad bellow.

“Feisty.” Conrad growled lightly as he nipped at Brian’s neck. Brian became suddenly still; his cheeks becoming dusky pink. Melina smiled and looked away only to find Saul watching her. Saul leaned close and whispered, “You guys can relax we will protect you.” She leaned the rest of the way and kissed him where she assumed his mouth would be. What felt to be lips meshed with her yet it was hard to tell, he and his brother hadn’t revealed themselves to them as they still had their veils.

Melina heard the door shut as Saul sat her down on and chair and disappeared around the corner to what looked to lead to the kitchen. Conrad appeared setting Brian down next to her and he to disappeared without a word.

“Melina what are we going to do?” Brian whispered urgently, grabbing Melina’s shoulders and shaking her. Melina whimpered slightly and Brian let go.

“You mean as far as finding our Soul mates or going back to Curo?” She whispered back, glancing over her shoulder to see if the brothers were near.

“Both. In all my dreams I never imagined my other to be a man let alone me wanting to attack his lips. I was always into women.” He looked out the bay window lost in thought. Melina let himself have a minute cause to be honest she needed one two.

Melina was more than ecstatic to meet her other. In all honestly she was a little worried that once he revealed himself to her she might attack his lips. She never thought she would fall under so fast but it was true, once your other was found little else mattered. However, Melina was a Curo and a Runner; she thought differently than other women. Her mind wasn’t total mush.

It was all fine and dandy that she found Saul, but now she needed to keep her head clear. There were many things that needed to be answered. One, where were they? Two, how did they get back to Curo or did they even want to? And three, what the fuck happened with the Mission?

“Melina, I think we need to go back to Curo and find out what happened,” Brian said breaking her out of her thoughts.

“I agree.”

“Well we don’t.” Melina and Brian whipped their heads towards the voices. Brian gasped and fell off the couch. Melina almost fell off to but caught herself.

Standing with their arms crossed were the brothers unveiled. They stood at the same height, enough to tower over both Brian and Melina. Conrad was muscular, but not to the point where his veins were bulging. He blocked most of the doorway. He was bald with a black goatee. Saul on the other hand was lean and small compared to Conrad but he somehow still occupied a large amount of space. He had black curly hair that was kept trim.

There were two things that really set than apart from the rest of the male population. One were their grey eyes, two their faces were scarred. Conrad had a deep horizontal gash at the bridge of his nose that continued under both cheeks. There looked to be a few more horizontal gashes on his head yet it was hard to tell because of an intricate tattoo. Saul had quite a few more. Raked across his face starting from his left eye brow were three deep gashes. Then a vertical gash decorated his right eye.

Melina never imagined he would be so….handsome. It must’ve been the pheromones because if she wasn’t injured she would’ve been all over him. She spared a glance at Brian and snickered. He had tell, tell signs of excitement and judging by how tense he was he was ready to attack.

Brian grabbed a pillow and spoke. “Curo’s our home. We need to inform them of what happened.”

“This is your home,” Conrad declared pulling Brian up. Conrad guided them both towards the arm couch and plopped down in it taking Brian with him. “Besides,” he kissed Brian’s neck, “Curo is in chaos right now.”

Saul had taken Brian’s seat and pulled Melina into his lap. “What do you mean Chaos?” Melina asked. She leaned into Saul and earned a nuzzle on the neck for it.

“You both realize you both have been here for almost three weeks,” Conrad through out there like it was the weather. “The results of the Mission created many problems.”

“What!? I thought it was only a week and a half?” Brian questioned ignoring the rest of the statement. He was hanging onto the pillow for dear life now as Conrad attacked his neck.

“Lucky you, I thought it was three days.” Melina looked away trying to give them a little privacy.

Both the brother’s laughed. “You two would be in way more pain right now. Plus our leader wanted to wait and be sure we were Soul mates,” Saul informed. Melina ignored the noises coming from the other two and looked at Saul.

“So then what happens?”

“I’d love to tell you, but I don’t think you want to hear about it,” Conrad growled in answer. There was some rustling noise as he stood up with Brian. She turned her head and caught a glimpse of Brian in Conrad’s arms again, heading further into the null. Brian looked a little flustered and his lips were swollen. Then they were gone as a door slammed somewhere.

“What happens is we take one day at a time,” Saul informed her. Melina turned back to Saul. He leaned forward and rubbed his noise against hers.

“You and Conrad both know that we will want answers.” She turned in his lap to straddle him and put her arm around his neck.

“Yes. And don’t think we don’t know your both about action. Give it some time. You will get your answers and a visit Curo, plus more. But right now you are here…with me. This is our home. His home. Your home.” He pulled her closer. His breath was warm against her lips, sending chills to places William had tried to awaken yet failed.

“Well fate has a funny way of doing things.” He smiled and pulled her even closer. She looked into his Grey eyes; the ones that were burned into her thoughts then went the rest of the way, colliding their lips. They kept kissing as Saul picked her up and moved through the null to another room and slammed the door behind them, behind the world and their problems. Because for now they had peace, even if it was only for the night.