Status: Completed

When Fates Collide

04.

At the zenith of human civilization, nature was at its lowest. However, nature is protective of its own. The zenith of civilization was also the downfall.

The population fell drastically. Scientist worked constantly to find the reason why. It was only by chance that they found the reason. A geologist was studying a chunk of comet, Zenlow that didn’t burn up in the atmosphere.

There in the Zenlow was the answer. The comet hid an organism that caused sterilization. Scientist at once tried a cloning process. It was a success, but failed. DNA was forever damaged causing the clones to come to a horrible death.

After years of no now population production, something happened. A child was born, scientist thought nature was curing them, in a way nature was, but selectively.

The infant’s parents were examined, thus the answer was found. The parents were compatible. The holes in their DNA were closed up with the DNA of their spouse. The sterilization was still passed down to the child but the scientist then knew how to fix the problem.

After decades of planning, testing, and learning the scientist had a solution. The solution was an organic device, which was a timer/locater. The device would fuse with DNA translating it into an understandable unit, time. It was a countdown to the second when the host would find their other half who would make it possible to produce an offspring.

There was an outcry against installing the device, but the population was deadly low so it was put into effect. More than half the device’s had no time; it was too late for them. Their bloodline would stop with them.

Slowly, creeping alone, the population stabilized but it grew even slower. Soon the device was a distant memory of. It became a part of the human anatomy. It no longer needed to be installed it became one with the body; it adapted.

It started off as a pioneering experiment; it turned out successful. The devices were created to find the special someone that helped complete another’s DNA. As it evolved, scientist found out it could be used as a tracking system. It didn’t extend worldwide but more localized.