Status: Completed

When Fates Collide

09.

The Mission didn’t go as planned. As soon as the item exchanged hands and was handed down the line to the furthest Mosdan, all hell broke loose. One minute Melina and Brian were shaking hands and saying peaceful goodbyes to the Wier Party, the next thing they knew they were thrown six feet in the air with the loss of hearing.

Melina gained consciousness first and barley moved Brian out of the way of an incoming truck. She slapped him into consciousness. As their hearing slowly came back, they used their eyes to avoid Wier attacks and looked for safer ground.

Every step they took to get to cover only caused them to get fired at. That’s when it hit them. The Wier and the Curo party were all dead, yet there was still guns going off. Many Mosdan, on both sides, were still alive but weren’t attacking each other, they were firing in the surrounding areas.

“Melina!” Brian shouted tugging her towards the over turned truck. “We have to find cover!” They barely made to the truck as a Mosdan was gunned down right in front of them. Melina drew her weapon and fired blindly in the direction of the bullets.

“Where is it coming from?” Melina shouted. They both started scanning the surrounding terrain for the first time noticing the fire as well the general location of the bullets.

“Do you see that?” Melina nodded in reply as Brian nodded towards the left. He too had his gun out. “Head into the trees and stay in their blind spot.” Without hesitating, Melina was on her feet using the truck as cover as she moved towards the trees. However they were surrounded on all fronts. Shots were soon fired at the ground in front of her. Without thinking she looked up straight into the scope of a long range rifle. The light reflected off of it as it recoiled from expending its bullet.

Melina expected to die or feel pain as the bullet imbedded in her body, the adrenaline helped ward off the agony. The sniper was a lousy aim getting her in shoulder and grazing her side. Unfortunately each shot got closer to her kill zone. The last bullet grazed her cheek before she somehow ended up on the ground with a pair of grey eyes holding her own eye.

One last explosion and the roaring of the fire was all she heard before she blacked out.