‹ Prequel: Burn
Status: Hiatus

Whispers

I think I found something

Steam filled the bathroom as Rae slipped in, closing the door shut behind her. Walking to the sink, she turned the faucet on, brushing her teeth as Harry showered. It wasn’t until she gargled and spit the water out in the sink and turned it off that he heard her, sliding open the black, glass door- Rae hated clear doors.

Popping his head out, Harry’s wet locks were pushed back from his face, water droplets dripping down his skin like tears that he did not actually produce. Rae raised her brows at him, as if to ask what he was looking at. “You look dirty.”

She frowned and looked at herself. “Well I just worked out, so yeah. I’m dirty.”

“Come shower.”

“Harry-"

“Rae.”

Whether it was the way he said it, or because when Rae looked at him, she wanted to get in, she couldn’t tell. But Rae was easily nodding, sliding off the sports bra and other garments of clothing, shivering as her feet touched the not yet warmed tile, hurrying to the shower.

Stepping in, steam filled her senses as Harry closed the shower door, moving so that she could step under the hot water coming out of the ridiculously nice shower. Rae was a person who enjoyed intimate showers, so she had spent the money on getting a nice showerhead with fancy things.

Warm water crashed over her as she closed her eyes for a moment, enjoying the hot feel of it. And then she felt Harry’s warmth behind her, his chest against her back and his hands lightly touching her waist, just a simple nudge of affection.

Tilting her head to the side, she let Harry put his mouth against the gap between her shoulder and her neck. She had expected him to kiss her there, but instead his teeth bit her slightly, nipping her skin and causing her to shudder. He smirked.

“Did you just bite me?”

“It’s called a love bite, babe.”

“Mmm.”

Turning around, Rae blinked up at Harry, trying to see him through the water. With the water running down him like a waterfall, she was struck by how beautiful it would be to paint, with the lines of water running like thin, clear ribbons over his taught flesh, and the way his eyes were glowing a dark, mossy green.

But for that moment, she forgot painting and art, and stood on her tiptoes, careful not to slip in the shower as she pressed her lips against his, softly at first, before sucking on his bottom lip, suggesting that she wanted more than a kiss.

Steam wrapped around their bodies as Harry pulled Rae tight into him, making them almost a single unit of flesh and water, kissing very slowly, only breaking to breathe as best as they could with the water pouring down on them, painting their skin red with the heat.

Slowly and carefully, Harry guided Rae out of the water, large hands steady on her narrow waist all the while until her back was pressed against the marble wall, making her lips part and gasp slightly as goose bumps were thrown on her skin, the wall much colder than the water had been a moment ago.

It was hard to smell anything but the steam of the shower and the citrus soap that Harry had begun to use, but stopped. Hot skin was pressed against her as he kissed down her neck, causing Rae’s head to tilt back and knock into the wall hard, making Harry looked up in surprise with wide eyes.

She pouted slightly. “Ow.”

“Did that to yourself,” he chuckled before kissing her neck again.

The large expanse of his hands slid all over her curves, tracing them with ease. Harry knew Rae’s body better than anything in the world, and as Rae’s small hands ran up the contours of his abs, she realized that she knew every muscle, every fiber of Harry’s being, too.

There was nothing about Harry that Rae was unfamiliar with. Every inch of skin she knew, every ounce of breath, hitting her shoulder as he left love bites down it, she knew. And she knew that as his hot skin was pressed against hers, she would never want to know anyone else the way she knew Harry.

Sliding her hand up his chest she spread out her palm on his chest. He responded by backing up, looking down at her with a frown before she shook her head quickly, “No, no, I’m not staying stop. I wanted to feel your heart beat.”

Harry stared at her for a few minutes and she felt his heartbeat pick up. It was such an amazing thing to feel, his heart thundering under his skin against her skin, making her heartbeat pick up pace as well.

Slowly, Harry’s hand trailed over her stomach to the middle of her chest, spreading his hand open as he felt her heart beating hard under her skin. He grinned, knowing that he was the reason for her heart rate, crashing his lips against hers and kissing her deeply, making her mouth into his mouth.

Shivers ran up and down every single part of Rae’s spine as Harry’s expert fingers trailed lower and lower, working along her body. Eyes hooded and breaths hard to find, Rae let out a long moan that echoed in the tiled shower.

The echoing sound had an effect on Harry, making him moan slightly against her neck. She could feel his reaction to her against her leg as he grew in hardness, making her smirk. Her hand was still on his chest as she leaned forward, kissing the spot beneath his ear hotly.

With no sign of warning, Harry hooked his arms underneath her legs, hefting her up higher. Her wet skin slid up the wall easily as Harry bore her weight like it was nothing. His arm muscles flexed instantly as he held her, positioning her were he wanted her.

Rae’s hands went around his neck running down his back to his shoulder blades, the taught muscles twitching at her touch there. Every single time Rae touched a muscle, it twitched, a reaction that only she had on Harry.

“We’re going slow today,” he murmured, kissing her lips again. They were kissing so slowly and passionately that Rae’s lips already felt swollen. She didn’t care. She could kiss Harry for eternity and be content. “No aisle thirteen.”

In between another kiss she rasped, “Good. Slow is rare for you.”

Pressing his lips to hers, they shared a smile as Harry pushed forward, slowly. So slow, that it made Rae groan very loudly, trying to catch her breath as he chuckled heavily against her lips, knowing that he was killing her.

The thing about Rae, was that she liked a variety of things, but none that really made sense with one another. There was no such thing as a medium pace with her. It was either intense and fire, or it was slow and seductive. Which is exactly why Harry rolled his hips slowly making Rae shiver over and over again.

Unable to help herself, Rae curved her fingertips, pulling at his strong shoulders, leaving lines with her nails as she raked them down his back, making him his lightly, picking up his head from where it was buried in her neck, leaving love marks on her skin.

Hot air was gasped into Rae’s lungs with every precise, slow and long thrust of Harry. He hit the correct spot every time. Rae wasn’t able to process any thoughts, other than the fact that every atom in her entire body was vibrating with electricity. She felt like every fiber of her being had joined Harry’s.

“Fuck,” she muttered, hitting the wall with her head again. She felt so good she literally didn’t know what else to say, rolling her hips into Harry, picking up the pace slightly. “Harry.”

“I know.” His voice was husky as he panted against her, shifting her again. She slid a bit, almost falling to the ground, making her lock her legs around his waist and look at him in alarm before laughing. “Oops.”

Rae opened her mouth to make a comment, but Harry shifted his stance, pumping again and all that came out was a loud sound of pleasure and slight surprise. He laughed again, but bit his lips, his eyes closing in concentration as he selected a speed. By the sounds falling from Rae’s shaky lips, it was the correct speed.

“Harry,” she mumbled, half able to be aware of what was going on, half slipped into a state of euphoria and complete bliss as she felt heat building inside of her, and not from the water. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he grunted, keeping pace, hitting her spot over again over again until Rae couldn’t breathe anymore, shaking as he held fast to her, hot water beating down on Harry’s back. “God, Rae.”

Eyes closed and unable to do anything but let out a throaty sound, Rae dug her nails into Harry’s back. Her bones shivered in their joints as she shook, coming down from her high and trying to catch a breath as Harry hit his head, letting out a growl into her mouth as he kissed her, Rae stealing the breath from him.

After a moment of being tangled together, breathing in one another’s breath, Harry set Rae down. Her knees buckled and he got her, unable to keep his laughter from bursting from his swollen lips, making Rae glare at him.

“I make you weak in the knees,” he muttered, moving wet hair from her face. “How romantic.”

“Romanticism is old,” Rae responded, popping a kiss on his lips. “One night stands, drunk hookups and sharing girls is all the rave now, haven’t you heard?”

Harry rolled his eyes. “Turn around, hipster. I’m washing your hair.”

*

Midday light was falling through the window. For once, it was not a groggy, grey day. Though it was still chilly out, there was not a cloud in sight and the sun was shinning down heavily, warming the pavement and giving people an excuse to get out of their houses and stretch their legs.

Harry walked into Rae’s room, shrugging on a jean jacket over a black t-shirt, looking at her as she pulled her hair up into a neat bun. Rae looked nice, dressed in pants that hugged her bottom in a way that he was very attracted to, and her makeup done nicely.

“What are you doing while I go to lunch with Finn?” she asked, pulling her traditional necklace around her neck, hooking it. Rae went no where without the small leather cord and gold charm around her neck, an heirloom that was once her mother’s. “Hopefully not going to be all by your lonesome?”

He shook his head, leaning against her wall. Rae looked good, with her makeup done and dressed up. It was obvious she was going somewhere decent, other wise she wouldn’t have bothered to put on heels. He wished it was him taking her to lunch. “I’m going to hang out with Zayn,” he answered, sticking his hands in his jacket pocket. Rae spritzed perfume on. He could smell it from where he stood, and it was intoxicating. “Haven’t seen him in ages, so I figured I’d hang out with him.”

“Alright.” Her answer was simple and chipper.

When she was done getting dressed they walked down stairs and out into the cold. Harry kissed her sweetly, smiling at her and slapping her ass as she walked by. She shot him a narrow-eyed look before smiling and getting into her car.

Harry himself got into his car and drove to Zayn’s, a fifteen minute drive from Rae’s. Zayn looked at peace with life as usual, sliding into Harry’s car and clapping hands with him as he sat back, falling into easy conversation.

Harry always admired Zayn’s ability to be absolutely calm about everything. He had known him for a very long time and had gotten Zayn out of trouble more than once, but Zayn was always that kind, quiet guy that everyone likes to have around to go to when they needed someone to talk to.

When Harry told Rae, he had not been lying when he said he was going to hangout with Zayn. What he hadn’t mentioned, is that they were going to hangout at a bar. Though Harry was not going to drink, he felt like Rae would have a sudden sense of panic and rear like a wild horse if he had told her they were going to a bar.

Granted, it was a bar that was also a restaurant. But it was still a place that was rowdy and served alcohol, of which Harry had still yet to consume. Harry’s inability to decided if he was an alcoholic or just did not know his limit was what was keeping him away from drinking.

In a sense, he knew it was wrong to be letting Zayn drink around him. But this was Zayn they were talking about, low-key and smart Zayn, who would never put pressure on Harry and who would never make Harry feel like he needed to drink. He just wasn’t that kind of guy.

That was evident, when after an hour of being there, Harry had finished food and Zayn had finished his second beer. They were laughing like the mates that they were and they were getting on perfectly well, talking about the things that they had missed in one another’s lives, and discussing football.

Time passed inexorably. It didn’t feel like the conversation had any strain, and it was two friends enjoying their time out. They were getting ready to pay the bill and leave, when a certain strange stillness came over the bar. It was one of those quiet hushes that came right before a storm hit, when everything is placid and gentle.

Not understanding why everything felt so suddenly still, Harry glanced up. He looked up not really out of interest, but out of habit. He had learned that if there was a stillness in a loud place, there was usually something worth looking at. And there surely was something worth looking at.

If you counted Sean striding over to Harry’s table with a sneer on his face, something worth looking at.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay hi!!! So I know that I didn't update on Saturday, but if you follow me on twitter you know that Saturday I was in Miami at the UM vs Uf game all day and that I came home very tired, and that Sunday I was studying all day for a math test!!

The update was late tonight because I woke up very, very ill this morning and was only able to make it to a single one of my classes for a test- which I think I failed. On the bright side of this awful day, Luke fucking Hemmings followed me and I found out when I was driving and I almost crashed my car and I started crying because I was REALLY overwhelmed.

Anyways, I'm sorry for the tardiness of this! Wednesday's update will be on time, I promise. If you have any questions, just ask!!