‹ Prequel: Burn
Status: Hiatus

Whispers

All the way to the edge of desire

Harry nearly slammed Rae through the wall as they burst into her bedroom, his lips attached to hers in a searing hot kiss, leaving her completely befuddled and spinning. His hands were latched to her hips, squeezing her tightly as she raked her fingers through his hair, kissing him back wildly.

Nothing about the kiss was tame or slow, everything about it from the biting of the lips, the dance of their tongues and their groans breathing fire and passion. Rae was practically trembling with it.

Breaking, Rae removed Harry’s shirt with a single flourish, making him blink in surprise at how quickly it had gone. Before he could comment her lips were on his, her hands running up the planes of his chest, the muscles in his shoulders, arms and back. She couldn’t get enough of his skin.

Fire danced in her lips as he kissed her roughly, both of their lips becoming swollen. Moving down her neck, Rae leaned her head back so Harry had better access, biting down on the skin, eliciting a soft, barely audible sound from her parted lips.

Without warning, she put her palms flat against his chest and shoved him backwards, startling him as he stumbled and sat on the bed, looking at her in bewilderment. She did not give him a long time to think, climbing atop him and straddling his waist as he sat, his hands automatically steadying her.

Leaning down she pressed her lips to his again, one of his hands gathering the hem of her shirt and tossing it. His hands on her bare skin were enough to make her moan lightly. The way Harry touched her was like no other feeling in the world. It was feather light and loving, but at the same time it was rough and passionate, spreading the fire and making her tremble all over.

Attaching his lips to her collar bone, she cocked her head back, grinding into him slightly, resulting in a guttural growl from his lips, the sound vibrating against her skin. She smirked slightly, doing it again as a hand ran up her spine, fingers dancing along each bone to unclasp her bra in the back.

With a loud intake of breath she twitched as he word on her breasts, his mouth expert and precise. Her hold on his shoulders tightened and her eyes closed, her stomach pressed against his chest, their skin completely and utterly burning with heat.

Firming holding his shoulders, she shoved him back, following him down to the bed with a soft laugh. Rae loved when she got the fire in her to act this way with him. She knew that she may have love bites and a little soreness later, but it didn’t matter.

Tangled in limbs and rolling around one another, Rae could feel nothing but bliss. She was absolutely high off of Harry in a way that no drug could ever make her feel. She felt like that single bird in flight on a dead calm day, just soaring high above everything else, totally in its own world and pleasure.

Words were too hard to get out as both of them wore nothing but skin. Light flooding in from the window hit Harry’s body as he reached over to the dressed while Rae’s fingers traced his ribs, making him shiver once.

Harry’s skin in the sunlight was one of the most startlingly beautiful things she had yet to see in this world. Every smooth expanse of skin, every contour and twist of muscle was so beautiful in its own way, so intricate and amazing.

Fiercely, Harry brought his lips to Rae’s hard and rough. She kissed back with the same recklessness, biting his lip hard and making him pull away in surprise. She grinned at him and a glint entered in his eye. “Is that how we’re doing this?”

“I don’t know,” she growled, locking her fingers in his hair very tightly. “You tell me.”

She pulled him down hard again but he diverted, attacking his lips to her neck right below her ear. His hand ran up the length of her leg before pulling harshly at her thigh wrapping it around his waist and moving the other with a simple nudge of his knee. “You asked for it, babe.”

Normally, Rae could always see the moment when they joined, when they were one unit, a single body of love, light and everything else that mattered in the whole world. This time she had seen it coming, and when he went right in, hitting her spot on the first thrust, her scream could not be muted.

Nails dug into skin. Rae completely lost her mind in a way that she never had before. This was different than anything they had ever done before, and she could do nothing but fall apart at the hinges under him, trying to catch her breath between the shouts of his name, the gasps of air. She couldn’t fill her lungs as he pulled out almost all the way each time just to slam back into her, rougher than he had ever been before.

Every molecule trembled. It vibrated in place and made her feel like she was tumbling in absolute euphoria. No string of thought was attacked, her mind swimming in some pool of absolute pleasure. It was driving her off an edge she had never known existed.

Harry crashed his lips against hers, his motions never slowing. She could barely kiss him back properly. All she knew how to do was roll her hips to meet his and fist his hair with one hand and a sheet in the other. Rae was completely in Harry’s side of the court, and she couldn’t do anything about it. And she didn’t want to.

“Shh,” Harry laughed against her lips. She could barely hear the smugness in his tone, but she could also hear how strained his voice was. He was having a hard time containing himself too. “The neighbors-“

He didn’t finish his sentence, Rae grabbing him viciously and practically throwing him over as she rolled, leaning forward and bracing herself with her palms flat against his chest, nails biting the skin as she took control, rolling her hips in a pattern that made him groan extremely loudly. She smirked, leaning down so her lips were above his. “Shh,” she growled back. “The neighbors.”

The two were totally lost in one another in all the ways two people could be. There was never any doubt in Rae’s mind that Harry loved her. But if there had been; it would have been erased in that moment, where both of them were complete and total messes, joining one another on a complete high, muscles clenching and lungs squeezing in gasps.

Slowing, Rae could not ever in a million years think she could have something that passionate. But as often with Harry, she was proved wrong. The two of them seemed to defeat so many impossibilities, break so many beliefs and just absolutely throw caution to the wind on all rules in relationships.

Nothing made sense with them except that it didn’t matter that no sense could be made. Somehow they were made for one another. They reacted to one another in a way that was rare, and that only some people found. And as she collapses on top of Harry’s chest, gasping for air, Rae knew that her love for Harry was purer and deeper than most things in the entire world.

No one would ever love him like she did. No one would see him like she did. No one would ever be able to experience that with him. And that made her so content to know that, so happy to know that he was hers in all the same ways that she was his.

Nothing else in the world mattered. And it never would. Rules didn’t apply. Laws were nothing. Physics were thrown out. Rae and Harry were their own law, their own theory in the making.

“Where,” Harry said, still sounding out of breath, “in the bloody hell did that come from?”

“Look who’s talking,” she shot back. Laying on his chest, she wiggled up, burring her face in his sweaty neck, his scent on her. His hands ran up and down her sides lovingly, Harry pressing a kiss to the top of her head. “Where has that been hiding?”

“Well seeing as I didn’t want to break you in half… I had no idea what you were capable of. Christ.”

“I don’t know if that’s a compliment.”

He chuckled, the action rumbling through her skin that was pressed against him. “Oh god it is. Can we do that more often? You’ve literally just opened up an aisle thirteen, here.”

“Oh sure. Thirteen. Pick the unlucky number, out of the infinite numbers in the world.”

He looked at her and she raised her head. He had an amused frown on his face, the same sort of frown he got when he just didn’t get her antics. Rae pouted at him. Of course he didn’t get it. “Rae, we’re two of the unluckiest people in the world. I don’t think it can get worse.”

“Oh god,” she groaned, letting her head thunk against his chest. He laughed once, her head jolting with the movement. “Go ahead. Keep putting that bloody evil all over us, Harold.”

“I hate when you call me that.”

“I know. You think it makes you sound old.”

He paused. “How’d you know that?”

“Cause you sort of make this face, like as if an old woman was hitting on you.”

She giggled and he shook his head. “That actually happens often.”

“Have I mentioned that I love our post sex conversations? Old women hitting on my boyfriend. This really is a hot topic.”

“You’re right,” he affirmed, squeezing her sides. She set her chin on his chest, looking up at him. His green eyes were dancing, watching her. “I am a hot topic.”

Rolling her eyes she rolled off of him, making him laugh hysterically at his own joke. She had been so sure he was about to say something sweet. Leave it to the little bastard to fling a sarcastic little comment at her. She should have known. “You’re such an arse.”

“Speaking of which,” he said off-handedly, “We have Liam’s birthday dinner tomorrow night. So you should probably I don’t know, remember that or something.”

Rae furrowed her eyebrows. Harry gave her a big grin, the kind when he knew that he had forgotten to mention something important, resulting in Rae saving his ass with it. She glared. “So buy remembering, you mean get him a gift.” His smile remained. “Why do I put up with you? And what do arses have to do with Liam? He is a proper gentleman. Unlike someone I know.”

“Hey,” he pointed at her nose accusingly, giving her a real smile this time. She returned in. “I just fucked you like a proper gentleman.”

“Harry. You just fucked me like the world outside was on fire.”

He shrugged. “You never know.”

“I love you, Styles.”

“Duh.” She smacked him on the chest. “I mean, come on.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I just want to thank everyone who is still leaving comments just reading this. I know I haven't been responding to comments, but it's honestly because when I finish updating, I go straight to writing a chapter for my other stories. I have a handful of very active, really wanted stories, so I'm sort of just bouncing from update to update.

Your support means the world to me. Don't think for a second I'm ignoring the comments. Because to be totally and completely honest, they make my day every single time. And there are a few of you that I literally love with all my heart.

So just, thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Can't wait until the drama starts soon!