Status: Updates may be slow

Where the Heart Is

It's Time

Oh god. It was 5 minutes until Matt's flight was going to land. Oh my I'm so nervous. What should I do when I see him? Run up and hug him? Hi-five him? No that's too lame. I looked around to see all of the Army wives and their children. "Hayden?" I turned around. "Lissa! Hello!" I said. Lissa was one of the Army wives I've gotten to know. "So he got deployed too?" I nodded. "Glad he's coming back?" "Excited!" I replied. "So how is the pregnancy so far? When will little Oliver pop out?" I asked. "He should be here in about a week. I'm glad Tyler is coming back. They put him on leave of absence until I can fully take care of him myself" She told me with a smile on her face. "Is that not hard for you Lis?" I questioned. "What? Him being gone while I take care of the baby? Having risk that I might lose him? No. It's not hard for me anymore. I have accepted the fact that I may lose him at anytime while he's in combat" I nodded understanding that I should not say anything more.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Our soldiers!" The woman on the intercom said. I felt my heart racing through my chest. Oh my goodness it was time. "LISSA!" It was Tyler. I looked over to find his hand on her belly. I smiled because it was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Everyone got off of the plane. Still no Matt. At this point I was ready to cry. I put my hands over my mouth thinking that something happened to him. That his plane got shot down or something. Everyone looked over at me in tears, some patted my back. I was really hoping to see Matt. I tried to contact his cell. Nothing. I started to get tired of standing. I leaned my back against the heater slightly hoping that I would burn. "Hayden. He will be here soon. Tyler said he saw him last night. Okay? Don't you worry sweetheart. I have an appointment. If he does not show you call me as soon as possible. Got it?" She told me. I slowly nodded and put my head in my hands.

Another woman on the intercom announced another flight. One from California. Not Matt. His flight is supposed to be coming in from New York. Everyone around me started slowly disappearing. Some people waited around me and held my hand. A veteran actually. He held my hand and told me everything was going to be alright.

Minutes later my phone rang. I pulled out my phone putting in the password closing my eyes hoping that it was going to be Matt.

It wasn't...

John. "Hey, you've been gone forever. He isn't there yet?" John asked. "No he's not here. I'm going to wait here until he does come" "Hayden that might be a while" He told me. "I'm going to wait!" I said. I could hear my voice getting angrier. "Hay. Listen to me. His plan probably got shot down! He's probably dead. He would have came in with the other soldiers! Now. Stop being stubborn and get your ass to this fucking house right now!" He yelled. "You just don't care don't you? Matt is my friend. FRIEND. I care about him! I'm not coming home until I see him! Until I know that he is safe. Do you hear me? Don't tell me what to fucking do I'm not some dog you found on the streets. Never talk about my friends like that. Just for that you're fucking sleeping on the couch tonight. Bye" I quickly hung up on him. Everyone around me nodded.

Matt is on his way. I know he is. He promised me he would be back. You can't break huge promises like that.

He's coming...I know he is...
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little update.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at my Tumblr. Am literally on it 24/7. theholybridge.tumblr.com/

Danke(: