Status: Hope you like it! Please comment x

The Wandering Girl

The Bedroom

Night came more swiftly than expected. We all dreaded the night, that was when all of the haunting happened in the movies. My brother wanted to watch a ghost movie as Halloween was drawing near. When the movie had finished, I went to my room and shut the door, but I left the lamp on. There was a knocking at my door.
“Who is it?” I asked feebly, I was shaking with fear. I moved closer to the door and opened it to find my brother, standing there with a white sheet over his head with eyeholes cut out. I pretended to be scared and sent him back to bed.

At midnight I woke up from a nightmare caused by the wandering girl. After I had a drink, I went back to my room and standing there was my brother, in the white sheet with eyeholes cut out. I couldn’t pretend to be scared because I was too annoyed that he was up so late. I wrenched off the sheet and I fell back when I saw what was underneath it. There was the wandering girl. She moved along the corridor, silently, wisp-like.
“No!” I screamed. She went into the room of my baby sister. I sprinted as fast as I could as the nursery door shut. I wrenched the handle, kicked the door, I tried everything but the door would not open. I began to cry as my parents rushed out of their room.
“What happened?” My Mum cried.
“Something went into Isabella’s room and the door slammed shut, I tried to open it but it won’t!” I cried. Mum and Dad both tried and failed to open the door. Isabella began to cry.
“We’re coming to get you!” Dad cried brandishing a hammer. He lifted the hammer and struck the hinges of the door causing it to fall on the floor with a deafening crash. We all rushed into the bedroom, it was a terrifying sight. Everything belonging to Isabella was broken. The heads of her teddies were strewn on the floor and the dolls had been hung by ropes dangling from the ceiling, like pirates sent to the gallows. However, the most terrifying by far was the mirror. Written across the surface in a liquid that resembled blood was “The Wandering Girl is here, there is nowhere to hide. Run, I will catch you. Hide, I will find you. There is no escape.”
The window in Isabella’s room could not be opened and it had not been smashed. The door had been locked from the inside. We searched for the culprit, as there was no escape from Isabella’s room. There was nobody.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is a bit short, but is the first attack of The Wandering Girl, so I thought it deserved a chapter of it's own. Notice how I said first...

Please comment x