‹ Prequel: Perfect Porcelain
Status: On Hiatus

True Love Ever After

5: You Say Sit Down, It's Just A Talk

Michelle's P.O.V.

As soon as I stepped foot inside, I was pulled in to a big hug. Not by Josh, but by my brother.

To be honest, it felt like I needed it, this was just one of those days where a girl needed her brother. So without even thinking I just hugged Mike tighter.

I pulled back and just let go, collapsing in to a pew and facing the front alter in a blank stare.

Up in the front row, I saw two little blonde heads giggling as they sat up there with Matt. I made a half smile to myself, letting it fall only two seconds later.

People like Matt, they were the ones who would be amazing parents. They were obviously the ones meant to have kids, be around them. Not me, I was no good as a mother and not matter how many times people told me otherwise, I just never believed it. Sure I guess kids were okay, I mean they were annoying little brats most of the time, but these were my god-kids and that made them special.

I was still no good though, sure when I saw the kids for a few hours it was tolerable, but to be with them 24/7, become their guardian and care taker, that's where I might have drawn the line.

I realized though that I have no choice. Well I did, I could easily sign over custody to the kid's grandparents, but I sat there and questioned if I even wanted to.

I remember the day Ally told me she was pregnant, that I was to be their children's God Mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**"So how was the honeymoon?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows. Ally only blushed.
"Awwwwh. Did you have fun? Like actual fun?" I asked. She nodded.
"I have to tell you something..." She muttered and I could tell my face fell a bit.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. Nothing. 'Chelle," her face lit up a bit, "I'm pregnant!"
"YOU'RE WHAT?"**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was so incredibly happy for her, and when she told me I was a God Mother, I almost cried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Kyle and I deicded something already." And I nodded, waiting for her to go on.
"We want you to be the Godmother."

I swear my jaw hit the floor. Who in their right mind woukd make me any kind of mother? Apparently Ally and Kyle were both clincally insane. Nonetheless I started crying, tears just began pouring.

"Me? Why me?" I finally managed to choke out words.
"You're my best friend, I wouldn't want anyone else. Besides, if anything does happen to me, I want to know that you got the chance to be a mom and have some kind of family."**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just hearing her voice saying those words rang through my head.

Ally had faith in me, faith that I could be a mom and I could raise kids. She must have if she left with me with her and Kyle's only legacy, their kids.

It was because of that faith that I knew I couldn't give up these kids, I couldn't just run away from something, not anymore.

However now I had one more problem to face before custody papers and the lawyer showed up again.

Josh.

Not that he was a problem, he was my husband and I loved him with literally all my heart. Anything he wanted from me, he had it. Literally, he had my heart in his hands.

I wasn't going to do it here, not with everyone around. Instead I got up and just sighed, walking up to the front and managing a weak smile as I collected the twins and they immediately buried their faces in my hair, obviously they were tired.

With as much strength as I could muster, I walked back to my car, aware that the others were following. Just as I finished strapping Alex in to the backseat of my car, I knew I wasn't necessarily alone. As soon as I slid in to the driver's seat I felt some one do exactly the same on the passenger side.

Looking to my right I saw Josh beside me, smiling grimly at me. I shook my head and sighed, not knowing what to do. I just sat there with my head down for a few seconds, feeling Josh put his hand on my knee, trying to comfort me.

With that I started driving, realizing that this scene would become a lot more familiar and frequent should everything work out how I prayed it would.

..........................

It was maybe 1 in the morning before I finally found peace as I sat down on my bed, my back to the headboard and my knees curled up against my chest.

I heard the door open and close, turning my head to see Josh walk towards me sitting down on the bed cross-legged in front of me.

"How are you?" was all he asked, and to be fair I just shrugged in response.
"I... just, there's so much to think about."

I could see the questioning look on his face without even lifting my head from where it rested on top of my knees.

"Like what?"

It was a simple enough question, no doubt about it, but it was one that was heavy.

"You can't freak out." was all I said, and I saw Josh nod.
"I'm the twin's God Mother, so when they died Ally and Kyle left custody to me... and by technicality, you."

I watched the look on his face go from confused, to understanding, to angry.

"Are you kidding me?!"
"Does it look like I would kid about something like this?!"
"And you're going through with it?"
"Josh, Ally wouldn't have done this if she didn't think I could. She had faith in me and I'm not letting her down! And you weren't there, okay! You weren't there the day she told me she was pregnant, that she wanted me to be their God Mother. I thought she was crazy, insane, that she didn't know what she was doing. But you know what she told me? She always said she wanted to know that should anything ever happen, I got the chance to have a family, to experience what being a mom is like. She knows I can do this, why don't you?"

At this point I was nearly screaming, but trying not to seeing as it was almost 1:30 am.

"We are two people who have never been great with kids, that is not going to change overnight!"
"SO?! That doesn't mean we can't try. I may be their only God parent but you, you are my husband! Everything, I have given you everything and I thought we were in this together!"

I could tell the look in my eyes held fear, I didn't want him to leave.

Sadly, he did just that.

Josh got up and walked straight to the door, turning around and looking at me with tired eyes.

"Yeah well maybe this is crossing the line."

With that he walked out, and I sat there shocked. The shock faded to me being emotionless for a second, before sadness washed over me. I couldn't believe he just did that.

We were married, being married meant the only lines to cross were our vows, the ones I thought he meant.

'Till Death Do Us Part.

What a load of bull.
♠ ♠ ♠
The writing inside the ** ...... ** and between the two ~~~~~~ lines are flashbacks.
~~~~~~

Just to clarify.