‹ Prequel: Insane Love
Status: Updated! New chapter is half-written and will be up in a few weeks (Apr-May 2016)

Don't Fall Back

The Good

"In the end, only three things matter; how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how graciously you let go of things not meant for you." -Buddha


Mia tapped her bottom lip with both her index and middle finger. She then looked at the two burger options again. Grocery shopping had become the only conflict she faced at eleven in the morning. It was Saturday which meant that the barbeque was soon, and yet they were still deciding on what to buy.

She sighed, still standing in front of the fridges in the aisle with her elbow resting on the arm that crossed her chest. From standing there for too many minutes, she was beginning to get cold in her thin-strapped red romper. Colton came up beside her and placed a box of oatmeal-chocolate-chip cookies in the green shopping cart. She turned to see him and then glanced down at what had just been added to their items. Mia rolled her eyes and picked up the new object.

"Really?" she curled an eyebrow at him.

"What?" he looked at her innocently.

"I send you to get relish and mustard, and you get this?" she briefly looked at the box.

He laughed, "Oh, now I remember what I was looking for!"

She shook her head and sighed as he turned around once more and headed to a different aisle. She later picked out Kraft Singles cheese slices, Greek yogurt, two packages of hamburger buns, lettuce, ranch dressing, and more. Colton added the large jug of chocolate milk, apple pie, cinnamon buns, and five bags of different kinds of chips.

On the drive home, Mia asked, "Did you even look at one healthy thing today?"

"Chocolate milk is dairy." he raised one eyebrow and glanced at her with a smile on his face.

She chuckled, "What would Randy say about this diet?"

"He'd be disappointed that the team doctor isn't doing a better job of keeping me in shape," he joked.

She grinned forward, watching the next light turn green for them before they got to it. "I'm pretty excited for the rest of the day, honestly."

"Just promise me one thing," he said.

"What?"

Colton smirked. "That we'll have our own after-party tonight."

---

Mia left the fronts of her hair curled outward, and the rest of her freshly cut medium length locks straight. She kept her red romper on, and headed back downstairs to start preparing the salad. She glanced out the large window as she walked past the living room, where she could see Colton starting up the grill outside.

The doorbell rang, making her change her direction and hurry to open it. "Hi!" she smiled at Lana and Bozie, standing on the front steps.

"Hey Mia," Tyler gave her a gentle hug. "Where's Colts?"

"In the backyard," she looked behind her as he took off his shoes and headed in.

"Hey girl," Lana grinned and hugged her best friend. "Are we early?"

"Nope," Mia said, shutting the door behind them. "Just in time to help me make the food, though."

"You know I'm a terrible cook," Lana sighed.

She laughed as they headed into the large marble countered kitchen. Mia took out a big bowl and the packages of salad she had bought. "So, anything new?"

"Well...." Lana's eyes trailed to the ground.

"Well?" Mia looked at her.

"It happened." she said more quietly.

"What happened?"

"We....we finally, you know..slept together," Lana's cheeks reddened.

"Oh my god," she whispered loudly, and then grinned. "What made you decide that it was the right time?"

"I've been ready for him for weeks now," she murmured. "But we were both craving it a few days ago."

"Ooh," she teased. She was actually surprised Tyler lasted that long, but it just made it clear how much he really loved her.

"Shush." Lana giggled along shyly.

The girls heard the doorbell ring again. "Could you get that?" Mia asked as she completed the salad.

"Sure," she responded as she headed for the door. She opened it wide to Phil and Mike standing with smiles and six packs of beer in their hands.

"Hello there, Bozak." Brownie nodded towards her as he headed in.

She laughed and greeted them both. As they removed their shoes and walked down the two hardwood steps in the living room, Lana almost shut the door until she heard Zoe's voice.

"Am I late?" she shrieked, hurrying in her black flats and large shirt over black leggings.

The girls then helped Mia carry out all the condiments and prepared side dishes. They placed a plate in front of each seat outside on THR glass table.

"Almost done?" Mia asked.

"Yup," Colton answered her.

"Mm, great, I'm hungry." Phil said, eyeing the meat being flipped on the grill.

"Of course you are." Brownie chuckled, earning a laugh from Colton.

"Hey, leave Kess alone." Tyler grinned and patted his best friend on the shoulder.

Once the sausages and burgers were ready, the boys sat down as well. Colton sat across from Mia on their large table for eight. They began eating and talking away under the overhead umbrella.

"So how's Mike doing?" Mike smiled at Zoe.

"He's good, I just got off the phone with him earlier." she replied about her husband.

"Are you leaving us on Monday?" Phil questioned.

"Sadly, yes." She gave everyone a weak smile. "These were a great few weeks, though. It felt amazing being back after a year. I remember how much fun we all had that night at Bozie's lake house."

Tyler laughed, "Yeah...too bad about those strippers, though." He glanced at Lana by his side who just rolled her eyes jokingly.

"I expect all of you to come visit us in Seattle this Winter break." Zoe raised her eyebrow.

Mia locked eyes with Colton and smiled. A trip would be a good idea, she thought. Maybe when the team visited Vancouver, they could stop by if they had a long weekend to spare.

Tyler took another bite of his burger and looked at both of them "Could you two stop looking at each other like you're about to jump over the table and do it?"

Brownie bursted out laughing and Phil picked up his plate at the thought. "Dude.." Colton shook his head and chuckled, glancing at her as she blushed bright red.

It was almost 6 in the evening when they were done clearing everything. The boys played NHL 14 against one another as the night grew old. Zoe checked her watch and said, "I'd better get going. Thanks for a great dinner, guys."

"You sure you don't want to stay longer sweetie?" Mia got up as well.

"I have to begin packing," she explained.

"I'm coming too," Lana responded, picking up her purse. "Ty?"

"Yeah?" His eyes were glued to the flat screen.

She sighed knowing that there was no use in trying to drag him away from a game. She winked. "Sorry if he causes any trouble."

Mia laughed and walked her friends to the door. "Goodnight!"

When they left, she found something to do in the kitchen to use up some time. She wiped the counters and put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Every once in a while, she'd loop up over the island and she the backs of the boys as they jumped up and shouted "OHHHH!" whenever someone scored.

She laughed to herself at how childish they seemed. Teammates playing a video game as their own selves. Pre-season was right around the corner. Mike's last week was coming up before he'd fly back to Edmonton and everything would be back to 'normal.'

It was almost ten o'clock when there were empty beer cans scattered all over the coffee table. Tyler and Colton were sitting on the large rug in front of the TV, Phil was laying on one couch and Brownie on the other--all with controllers.

"When was the last time you guys blinked?" she smiled and shook her head. She sat down cross-legged near Mike on the couch.

"Shit it's already ten," Phil glanced at the wall clock above the bookshelf.

She bit her bottom lip as he sat up straight on the sofa. She sort of felt bad about letting them leave after drinking and having so much fun. "You guys can stay tonight, if you'd like."

Colton looked back at her and then at the boys. "Yeah, we've got two beds in the guest room and one of you can take the big couch."

She nodded in agreement and Tyler grinned, "Sweet. Fuckin' sleepover!" He reached out to low-five all of them.

She chuckled, "I'll bring a pillow and sheets and leave them here for whoever. Just don't make too much noise, kids."

"Thanks mom." Phil winked.

Mia rolled her eyes and brought the bed sheets and left them beside the three-seater. She then said goodnight and began walking upstairs. She looked over to the side and as she did it she caught Colton staring up at her from her toes to her lips. She sighed and walked into their bedroom and closed the door behind her.

She flipped on only the lamp by her nightstand and paced around the dimmed room. She then slowly opened one of the drawers in her walk-in-closet and brushed her fingers over the lace designs of his favourite expensive lingerie he had bought her.

While changing into it she remembered when he had placed a rectangular Victoria's Secret box on her lap. It was the first Christmas they spent together last year, as a couple, and he had given it to her after the dinner with both of their families. He told her that his only wish was to see her wearing it; and so she made it come true later that night.

Mia sighed and stared at herself in the body length mirror. It was a black diamond studded push-up bra that clipped at the front. The straps were crossed at the back, and the matching thong had three diamonds leading up above her vagina. It came with thigh-high stockings that were also black but made from very thin material. She had only worn this outfit once but she felt like he deserved it more often by the way he had been treating her. Like a queen, as he would call her.

She sat down on the bed facing the door and waited. After a few minutes she licked her lips and frowned. Obviously he's playing NHL with his friends so he's not going to come until later, she thought.

Just as she was about to get up and take it off, the door peaked open. Her hands were behind her holding her up on the bed and she watched as it opened all the way. A smile grew on her face.

"Are the buds and Mike downstairs?"

"Yeah..they're still playing." he replied and bit his bottom lip.

Colton placed his shoulder on the doorframe and exhaled through his nose, closing his eyes momentarily and then smirking at her. He checked her perfect legs and made his way up to her glowing eyes. He took another round of seconds to view the lingerie that made him lose his mind.

He stepped in and locked the door. He walked about half-way until a few feet were separating them. "Holy shit, Mia.." He whispered seductively.

She blushed the deepest shade of red and tried to hold back a grin. "Come here."

He obeyed and went closer. She extended one arm up and pulled his neck until his back was bent and he was kissing her. Their lips were hungry; starving, even. She leaned back further on her elbow and pulled him down with her as he landed on top uncomfortably. With their lips still attached, she pushed her body further up on the bed and he went along with her and settled on top again.

"We have to remember to be quiet." she whispered and grinned.

He roamed his hands on her hips and then rubbed her thighs. She opened her legs wider and he trailed his hands behind her back and kissed her passionately. Her hands tugged on his shirt and he positioned himself differently so he could take it off. She smiled and touched his chest as he was on his knees over her.

Colton smiled. "I've missed you," he pecked her neck while returning back to his first pose on her. He continued touching her, now feeling her rounded ass under her. "It's been a while...Did you really think I could last without this for two full weeks?"

She grinned and kissed the side of his forehead. She blindly reached down and began unbuckling the leather belt and tried to push down his jeans. As he nibbled on her ear he kicked them off and pushed his erection against her, making her breathing more sharp.

"You've been good," she knotted her fingers in his dirty blond hair. "Thought you might want a little..reward."

He kissed her and felt her breasts over the lace. "I might have to be good more often, then."

She giggled and he focused himself on unclipping her studded bra which was designed to not poke out too much, so the diamonds didn't hurt him. She removed the bra completely and threw it on the ground where his clothes had landed. He sucked on each nipple briefly and then went back to kissing her plump red-orange lips.

He rubbed calmly over the fabric of her thing with his index and middle finger. Her neck tilted back at the motion and he kissed her collar bone. He then went on his knees between her legs and placed them over his shoulder as he slipped off her thong and stockings slowly. She grinned lightly at him as he raised an eyebrow and winked before going down on her. His tongue flicked up and down and circled around her sensitive area making her moan quietly but he did not want her to come--yet.

He stopped and sat back up and reached for his nightstand. He pushed down his gray branded underwear and rolled the condom over his hard dick. He opened her legs again and leaned over her, kissing her once before entering her slowly.

Mia's mouth opened in an 'O' shape and furrowed her eyebrows in pleasure. His full length pressed up inside of her and picked up the wetness. Their bodies rocked back and forth on their large bed and they both breathed heavily.

"Oh, f-fuck!" she moaned, pressing her fingers into his shoulder blades.

"So much for staying quiet so they don't hear us," he murmured against her neck, earning a giggle from her.

He then put his hands down underneath the pillow so that he was practically planking over her, and then he continued thrusting. She cursed and called his name in different phrases and volumes. He kissed her lips but had to break apart so they could both breathe.

"Goddamn!" she shrieked, and her legs wrapped around him so he could thrust in even harder.

"You feel so fucking good." he whispered in her ear.

His speed increased when he took one of her legs and placed it over his shoulder, and he fucked her while sitting by the edge of the bed. Her fingers grabbed onto the bed sheets and she was yelling unclear things at this point.

"Colton I'm--"

They both reached their climax and he pulled out of her and came inside the rubber. He controlled his breathing again and leaned down to kiss her gently before taking off the condom and disposing it.

While he was doing that she put on a pair of pink panties and she slid under the white covers which had a silky gold lining at the top and waited for him. Mia grinned to herself and rubbed her messy hair. He came back in a fresh pair of blue boxers and smiled at her.

"Red-orange lipstick plus that outfit?" he shook his head slowly and laid beside her. "You really know how to make me go crazy."

"You love me." she sighed.

He chuckled and then exhaled, pulling her closer so that his arm was wrapped around her shoulder. "That I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo so so so so so sorry for the 5 month wait. Trip to Europe made me leave my writing phase and I totally lost it when I came back since I had a shitty September-November.

ANYWAY. HOLY SHIT. THE AMOUNT OF THINGS THAT THE LEAFS HAVE DONE IN THE LAST FIVE FUCKING MONTHS THOUGH. GOD DAMN. THEY'VE PISSED ME OFF SO MUCH UGH. And fhewwww, I'm in love with a crazy team I swear to god.

Brown got traded to San Jose but honestly I can't deal with trades anymore. It was hard enough adding it to the story when he left Toronto and since it's 2014 in this sequel I can't say "oh yeah now he just got traded." Anyway, best of luck--he deserves a good spot, and he likes good weather so he'll fit in.
Hope you liked this chapter! I love you guys and stick around for faster updates. I've been adding to my planning page for this sequel for a long time and I have most of it sorted out, so I swear a 5-month pause will not happen again.

'Till next time my dears :-*