For Love or Honor

Favorite Spot

The large dark June bug, still out this late in the year, continued to fly and buzz around my head annoying the hell out of me, STILL. Finally I had enough. The unsuspecting thing finally landed on the soft green of some grass. I crushed that thing under my foot, satisfied by the crunch of its shell giving way. It had been close to a year, A WHOLE FUCKING YEAR since my love had to leave me. An evil smirk appeared on my face as I continued to smear the evil little bastard all over a small patch of grass. The annoyance and buzzing had finally ceased. Two hands grabbed my waist from behind causing me to yelp and jump. The person behind me started giggling like a maniac.

"Natila you should have seen your face" the person said in between laughter and gasps for air. I turned around and there he stood, the one that "left" me, ok well he was actually drafted so long ago.

"MIKEY"I shouted from excitement as I threw my arms around his, still small waist. "I have missed you so much, how is the war? Hows Gerard at being a commanding officer? Do you have to go back...? I asked being cut off.

"Babe slow down, I missed you so much too,the war is ok, but it separates me from you, Gee is a great leader, and yes I unfortunately do have to go back." He answered my questions in order. I looked down at the ground and messed with a blade of grass with my foot. I had hoped he was back for good.If he didn't have to go back we could finally get married. But no he's a soldier in the second world war as it is called. He lifted my head up and gentally kissed me.

"It'll be ok, I'll be fine don't worry. Once this war is over I promise we'll get married." Tears began to swell up in my eyes and run down my cheeks.

"Whats wrong?" Mikey asked wiping away the tears, then tightly embracing me.

"Wh...What if you do...don't come back, what... what if you...." I stuttered out

"Don't you say that, don't even ever think it."

"But its kinda difficult and...and I don't want to ever lose you. I can't live without you." I replied

"You will never lose me, I will never leave you, I couldn't live without you either." He said pulling me even closer to him. He then released me and started running to our favorite spot. Under the oak tree that had out initials surrounded by a heart in it. Its been there since we were 14 that was four years ago. While Mikey was running to the oak (like when we were younger) he tripped and fell, causing me to laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, tell me what you think