Electric Soul

prologue

It was 4:23 in the morning when a plane from New Jersey touched down in Missouri. Despite the sun still sleeping, there was a glowing aura at the front of the aircraft. A newly engaged couple were seated in the front row of first class, just enough leg room for the finicky athlete in seat 1B. Beside him, with her head resting against the small window, was a his impending bride. She had a mess of brown hair tied up on the top of her head and a pair of thick framed glasses resting on the bridge of her nose.

With sleep still in his eyes, TJ held Emma’s hand tightly as she had to nearly drag his 189 pound body through the airport to the car pot. If it were any other day, the 5’4 brunette would have forced her fiancé to carry his own damn backpack, but after the kind of night they just had sometimes exceptions needed to be made. The couple should have arrived back in Missouri just after midnight but with questionable weather conditions in Georgia, their layover flight had been delayed for three hours.

Quinn Berglund was half asleep in the driver seat of her car when her cell phone started ringing on the seat beside her. The caller ID showed a picture of herself and her best friend causing the blonde to smile. She answered the phone as she slowly pulled out of the parking garage and back toward terminal C. Quinn hung up only to greet her friend in person moments later. The car sat idle while the blonde jumped out and pulled her friend into a running hug.

TJ pulled his baseball cap lower over his face and popped the hood over it to conceal his easily recognizable flow. The hockey player crawled into the backseat of the SUV and lay across all three seats. With a game later that day, the last thing he needed was to play like shit and have Hitch on his ass. The feeling of the car rolling over the streets of Missouri soon rocked TJ to sleep as Emma and Quinn whispered softly in the front seat.

As the red florescent clock on the stove changed to 6:00, TJ’s body hit the mattress like a bag of bricks to catch the last two hours of shut eye before Patrik picked him up for morning skate. Emma began making his favorite strawberry pancakes- two before morning skate and three after. As she watched the pancakes cook on the stove, the brunette caught a glimpse of the newest addition to her jewelry collection and felt the corners of her mouth pull into a smile. It was a piece that she would hardly ever be seen without- a timeless piece indeed.
♠ ♠ ♠
just a short intro for a story i'm really excited about! this has no relation to my other oshie stories, which a final ending is IN THE WORKS . love you all